It's August! It's HOT! It Rains! Wait, Where's Mikey?

Too bad about your ankle, hopefully it feels better in a couple of days and it is not broken. At least you already have a scooter booked for your trip.

I hate pushy people we had that happen when we were waiting for the MSEP one night.

Too bad about your ankle, hopefully it feels better in a couple of days and it is not broken. At least you already have a scooter booked for your trip.

I hate pushy people we had that happen when we were waiting for the MSEP one night.

I have to add one day for the sccoter. I was going to turn it in saturday morning and walk the last day. Don't think that will happen now. The ER said no break but it is really swollen and based on google, not always a good thing to do, I have a moderate to severe sprain. I have to call the back-up ortho since my regular can't see me til late next week.

I hate pushy people. We are all there for the same thing - to have a good time. I don't understand why some people think that they are more entitled than every one else is.

breakfast at CP is fun for the empty park pics.

Sounds like a good mornign except for pushy people. Good for you sticking up for yourself and staying put.

:rotfl2: for your neighbor when the pipes go.

Hope the doctor says not too many limitations

Did I read that right, they didn't charge you for the meals the kids didn't eat? Wow! You know how many times I have paid $30 for mac-n-cheese my child didn't eat. That was some pixiedust: that day.

And love Mikey's hat! That was very cool of the CM.

I have a hard time with the headhunter too.:confused3

That would have made me mad about the families being pushed in front of you. I wish the CM's would pay more attention to things like that. :furious:

breakfast at CP is fun for the empty park pics.

Sounds like a good mornign except for pushy people. Good for you sticking up for yourself and staying put.

:rotfl2: for your neighbor when the pipes go.

Hope the doctor says not too many limitations

I love CP more for the empty park pics than I do for the food.

The pushy people were really getting to me this trip.

I will laugh myself sick when the pipes go. He now waits in his kitchen to yell obscenities out the window at me. I totally ignore him and I think it is really starting to get to him. Seriously grow up.

I am in a boot for 4 weeks so Disney should be fun. I can takes it off and wear shoes if I stay on the scooter. We shall see.

Did I read that right, they didn't charge you for the meals the kids didn't eat? Wow! You know how many times I have paid $30 for mac-n-cheese my child didn't eat. That was some pixiedust: that day.

And love Mikey's hat! That was very cool of the CM.

I have a hard time with the headhunter too.:confused3

That would have made me mad about the families being pushed in front of you. I wish the CM's would pay more attention to things like that. :furious:

I was shocked when I got the bill. She entered them as infants. We really did get some major pixiedust: that day.

Mikey loves that hat. I wish I had been there to get the CM's name. I would have loved to have been able to let customer service know how great they were.

There are some shots that are hard to get. I like when a ride stops near them.

I get used to people pushing in front like that. If I don't have kids with me and they are nice I will actually let the little ones sit in front as long as they behave. I like to see too, but when they act entitled? Nope I am not being a nice guy any more.

Day 5 continues

After the tutorial and not many pics taken by me, I was in a foul mood, we headed over to Frontierland and to try for some mountains again. We got FP's for Splash when I saw that Jessie and Woody had a meet and greet there. Ella had her Jessie doll with her. They have had me watch Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 over and over. I went to Toy Story on ice with them. You get the point - they love Toy Story and Toy Story characters. Seeing them was probably the best thing for my mood.

Woody saw the Jessie doll and took it from Ella. She was a little confused by this but Woody was happy. He was pulling the string to get the doll to tallk and pointing at the "real" Jessie.
1703.jpg

He then tried to put the doll in his boot. Ella was complaining to her mom. She wanted her doll back!
1707.jpg

1708.jpg

Finally Ella got the doll back and held on to it. She wanted no parts of Woody after this.
1713.jpg

All of the adults were just laughing. It was one of the best character experiences I have ever had and put me in a great mood. Disney Magic!!!

We were going to try BTMRR again when what did we hear? Yep a loud boom! Rain was moving in again. Knowing that the mountains would be closed down we headed towards Liberty Square. I know according to everyone else it's "boring" but we went to the Hall of Presidents. It's inside out of the rain and has AC, and had a show starting in 8 minutes. I also wanted to see how my new camera worked in here without flash. I had purchased a new advanced P&S with great zoom and was anxious to test it out. The pics weren't bad.
1716.jpg

1729.jpg

The show was over and we went out to more rain. Everyone was getting a little hungry so we decided to try Columbia Harbor House. This was a first for me. I had read a lot of good reviews so in we went. Mike and I had the shrimp. I was surprised by how many shrimp you get and they were a decent size. The cole slaw was also very good
1730.jpg

the kids had mac and cheese
1731.jpg

view of the upstairs eating area
1739.jpg

Jim, Jay and Jen all had chicken nuggets. No pic of that but one of them eating
1741.jpg

the menu
1745.jpg

Now most if us opted for the chocolate cake but Jen and Mike got the apple dessert. I should have opted for that. It tasted so good and was not a pre-packaged dessert. We also had a nice view of the entrance for the Haunted Mansion
1747.jpg

The FP time window was now good so Jim and I decided that we would take Ella on Haunted Mansion and the others would go on Splash Mountain. This way there would be no issues if she couldn't meet the height. She loved HM and Mikey and Crystal were a little afraid of it.
1750.jpg

Then she wanted to ride again so off we went. Jim didn't ride the second time
1763.jpg

Now I like to try and get different views and this time was determined to try and get the ceiling of the stretch room when the lightning flashes. I did
1765.jpg

The ballroom scene
1780.jpg

I was a little annoyed by flash that was constantly going off but actually laughed to myself. Yes you may get a pic that was illuminated but the flash will wipe out a lot of details.

Up next the rest of the day.

Andrew was wearing his woody shirt so we had to stand on that line and it was a long one, I think we waited 45 minutes but he loves Toy Story so much, he has a Woody and Buzz doll that he carries around.

We love Columbia Harbor House; we ate there for lunch one of our days and we wanted to sit upstairs but Andrew was sound asleep in the stroller and we didn't want to wake him, it was very hard to find a seat downstairs.

I had the tuna salad which is the only time I will eat tuna salad, Frank and Emily had the shrimp and fish and Eian had the shrimp platter and there was so much food with the platters, the apple dessert is my favorite counter service dessert.

I never try and take pictures on Haunted Mansion but yours didn't come out bad.

Andrew was wearing his woody shirt so we had to stand on that line and it was a long one, I think we waited 45 minutes but he loves Toy Story so much, he has a Woody and Buzz doll that he carries around.

We love Columbia Harbor House; we ate there for lunch one of our days and we wanted to sit upstairs but Andrew was sound asleep in the stroller and we didn't want to wake him, it was very hard to find a seat downstairs.

I had the tuna salad which is the only time I will eat tuna salad, Frank and Emily had the shrimp and fish and Eian had the shrimp platter and there was so much food with the platters, the apple dessert is my favorite counter service dessert.

I never try and take pictures on Haunted Mansion but yours didn't come out bad.

What we don't do for the grandkids. I don't think our line was quite that long, maybe 20 minutes. We got there at a good time.

We went upstairs because there was nothing downstairs. I'm glad we did as it was almost empty. The food there really is good. I don't eat tuna, just one of those things I don't eat for some reason. I had some of Jens dessert and it really is good.

I tried to ride without taking pics but I can't help myself. Thanks I was happy with the results.

I had an update done to finish the day and photobucket froze which meant I lost everything. Off to a Phillies game tonight. Free tix and club box seats, can't pass that up. Will finish up tonight when I get home or tomorrow. Day 5 anyway.

I had an update done to finish the day and photobucket froze which meant I lost everything. Off to a Phillies game tonight. Free tix and club box seats, can't pass that up. Will finish up tonight when I get home or tomorrow. Day 5 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Have fun.

loved those pics from the Haunted Mansion!!

Thanks I was happy with them. It's always hit or miss there.

I had an update done to finish the day and photobucket froze which meant I lost everything. Off to a Phillies game tonight. Free tix and club box seats, can't pass that up. Will finish up tonight when I get home or tomorrow. Day 5 anyway.

Have fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I did even though the Phillies lost. They gave us a great run the past few years. There's always next year.

What are your dates for Oct - I think we miss you by a day. We arrive Monday night 10/15 and leave Friday night 10/19.

What are your dates for Oct - I think we miss you by a day. We arrive Monday night 10/15 and leave Friday night 10/19.

You miss me by a couple of days. I arrive the 7th and leave the 13th. We'll just have to plan a meet around here again with Scott.

You miss me by a couple of days. I arrive the 7th and leave the 13th. We'll just have to plan a meet around here again with Scott.

Too bad, I have to work on the 15th otherwise we would have made it to Ipdip. The 15th is a tax deadline :sad:, but yes definitely a tri-state meet is in order. I happen to be going to Philly to meet my sister on the 7th.

When I last updated Ella and I had done Haunted Mansion and the others went to Splash Mountain. They looked like they had fun alyhough it does appear that Crystal decided not to ride it
38578830002.jpg

38578830003.jpg

When Ella and I finished our second ride we wandered around Liberty Square. I was looking for Colonial costumes for little boys. We have a stone bridge in my neighborhood that was built in the late 1790's. The bridge is being declared a national historical monument on October 13th. My parents are on the committee for this and my mom decided that my grandkids should dress the part - thus we need colonial outfits for the boys. She made dresses for the girls. She also wanted me to look for tri-corner hats. MK didn't have anything she was looking for. I'm really sad that I will miss the whole thing as I will be in Disney but I'm hoping someone will get pics for me.

After I struck out for this I realized that the meet and greet for Tiana was nearby. Tiana is Ella's new favorite princess. We decided to get in line and wait as she would be out in 20 minutes if the rain held off. We were actually first in the line. I called Jennifer to tell her and they had just finished with Splash and were headed over our way so the other two got in line with us. It started to have a misty rain but at 5:00 out came Tiana and Naveen. Ella was so excited. So was Mikey. He struck up a conversation with Naveen. I was thrilled once again by the interaction. This went on for at least 5 minutes. Someone behind us said something to the handler as I think they were tired of waiting. The handler was wonderful and basically said that when it comes to children they don't rush. I did finally get the kids to pose
1813.jpg

When we finished here we headed to Tomorrowland by way of Main Street. I'm pretty sure the kids needed a bathroom break. I'm really not sure what they did because I got separated from them. I watched the piano player outside Casey's Corner
1815.jpg

I even got a sticker from the CM's outside. About that time Jim called and asked where I was. They were in Tomorrowland. I got caught up to the family and we grabbed FP's for Buzz Lightyear. It was raining agaiin so we went on Carousel Of Progress. Another ride from the World's Fair. I like this one just to relax.
1824.jpg

1833.jpg

1843.jpg

1857.jpg

The rain had let up a little and our FP time window opened for Buzz so over there we went
1866.jpg

I had a horrible score and just stopped playing
1869.jpg

Got the shot of the kids in jail
1876.jpg

Ride photos - Jen and Ella
38578830001.jpg

Mike and Mikey, Mikey was really having fun
38578830004.jpg

Crystal and Jay
38578830005.jpg

Me and Jim. You can see how happy I was
38578830006.jpg

Day 5 will finish in the next update

Too bad, I have to work on the 15th otherwise we would have made it to Ipdip. The 15th is a tax deadline :sad:, but yes definitely a tri-state meet is in order. I happen to be going to Philly to meet my sister on the 7th.

They just have to change the tax deadlines. :rotfl2: We will have to start planning something when everyone gets back home.

Those are awesome photos from The Carousel of Progress, that is my favorite show in Mk.

Philly or NY we have to get together, I have a museum membership as well as the Camden Aquarium membership, The Bronx Zoo even the Botanical Garden which is reciprocal to Longwood Gardens - it keeps us busy on the weekends :rotfl:, sometimes it is easier and cheaper just to join then pay for one day.

Those are awesome photos from The Carousel of Progress, that is my favorite show in Mk.

Philly or NY we have to get together, I have a museum membership as well as the Camden Aquarium membership, The Bronx Zoo even the Botanical Garden which is reciprocal to Longwood Gardens - it keeps us busy on the weekends :rotfl:, sometimes it is easier and cheaper just to join then pay for one day.

I have a membership to the Philly Zoo. Haven't been to the Bronx Zoo in about 50 years, dating myself now but we lived in North Jersey for about 2 years. Have never been to the Botanical Gardens or Longwood Gardens. The aquarium has been about 15 years. I'm thinking I don't get out much. :rotfl2:

CoP.......relax, take a nap....enjoy!! :rotfl:

:lmao: Yep, if I didn't try and get certain pics every trip I would fall asleep. I think I may have once or twice for a second or 2. Those nice seated air conditioned attractions are so good for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter