It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

It's good to hear that they are treating safety as a priority. I sure hope that some peace can be established and worked towards.

Yes, sadly even if the war with Syria were not happening there would still be all the terrorists out there. It is too bad that there are people so filled with hate that they feel the need to kill people for no discernible reason. I won't let fear of terrorism stop me from traveling and experiencing the world.

You are such a smart cookie! I'd love to tour all the museums anywhere, my family not so much.

That was the beauty of Turkey, the whole country is basically a living museum. I even got a t-shirt that said basically that "Turkey: World's Largest Museum".

So many interesting pictures of your trip to Turkey! Looks like a beautiful country, so rich in history. :goodvibes What a special trip you got to experience! :thumbsup2

It was definitely an amazing trip. I hope to go back someday and hike the Lycian Coast but not until I travel some other places and things settle a bit for Turkey.

Time to finish off our night at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!

After our fun time with Scrooge and the gang we were finished with our must-do character meets for the party. I would have loved to meet the princesses with their princes but the lines were long and there were other things to do!

We did stop for a photopass photo in front of Prince Eric's castle. Unfortunately we were moving around too much or the photographer wasn't great so the photos were blurry but we had fun taking them anyways.

We were walking through Fantasyland and I saw that Anna and Elsa only had a 15 minute wait posted. I tried to get the others to go in but they didn't want to stop and told me maybe later... Well, that never happened. I kick myself still for passing up such a short wait for them!

The first parade of the party was occurring so we weren't able to get through to the hub/Main St yet so we went for a ride on Haunted Mansion. After that Erich went into Columbia Harbour House for another treat. We chatted with a CM at the door to the restaurant whose roommate was "friends with Kristoff". What was funny was that Alek and Mom had no idea what it meant to be "friends" with a character. Erich and I did not realize they were clueless until afterwards when Alek was asking who the heck Kristoff was and why we cared about somebody being friends with him... Educational moment!

Before fighting our way into the hub we stopped for another photopass opportunity. This photo didn't turn out all that great either.. Mom and I were too dark.

We then began to battle our way into the hub as we had to find a spot for Celebrate the Magic/Wishes/Mickey's Christmas stage show. It was so difficult to move around as it was absolutely packed.

We ended up near a garbage can halfway between Casey's and The Hub. It wasn't a terrible spot but it wasn't great either. I feel as though to have a really good spot you almost have to spend the whole party camped out in the hub/Main St.

See all the people?

Unfortunately, due to the big Windows 10 update debacle that I posted about weeks ago I lost all of Erich's pictures and he had the best pictures from these shows. So you will have to deal with the few that I have and I apologize that they are not the best.

First up was Celebrate the Season which I loved. I love the projections that they put onto the castle and the music. Sorry no pictures or video of this!

Shortly after that was Holiday Wishes which was fantastic!

After the fireworks lots of people started to leave so I thought that I would try and find us a better spot for the parade. I took Alek with me as two sets of eyes are better than one. Well, we got as far as Casey's before we gave up. It was just far too crowded and we could barely move and we were getting really stressed out with all the people pressed around us. We turned back and returned to where Mom and Erich were holding down the fort at the garbage can. We managed to squeeze into our small spot on the curb but at least we had a spot! So much for the advise that the second parade is less crowded! If I were to do a party again I would sacrifice the view you get on Main St and hope for less crowds by viewing in Liberty Square or Frontierland.

We had awhile to wait for the parade. Luckily we had Mickey's Christmas stage show going on up at the castle so that entertained us for a bit.

I grabbed some photopass photos while the street was slightly clear

A photopass photographer walked down the street and took pictures of those of us waiting for the parade.

Soon after the parade started. Our spot was actually pretty good for viewing the parade but not great for getting pictures as the light posts directly across from us caused a terrible glare in the cameras. So, once again I apologize for the photo quality but I do have to say that this was a great parade. Very charming and I loved seeing all the Christmas floats and the characters in their holiday outfits.

Continued in next post...

I enjoyed seeing Belle in her Christmas dress and Aladdin in his Prince Ali outfit

My favourite part was the toy soldiers

After the parade we talked about if we were going to head back into the park or if we were going to start to head out. We ultimately decided to start making our way out of the park. It was after 11 at this point and I wanted to go into the Emporium before we left. We were also feeling fairly tired despite our relaxed morning.

In the shop I ended up buying a Christmas Party shirt but resisted other temptations.

We grabbed photopass photos as we made our way down the street. I refused to leave without getting photos in front of the castle all lit up.

Oh so cold in this blizzard on Main St!

Overall we enjoyed the party. We got the character photos we really wanted and we got to see all the major shows. The one thing I was disappointed in was the insane crowd level in front of the castle and on Main St. Unfortunately it could not be avoided. In order to see Wishes as it is meant to be seen you have to be in that area. I would probably do a party again but would watch the parade from Frontierland.

Once out of the park we did not have to wait long for the bus but it was a full load so we could not all sit together.

We arrived back to a very dark hotel. The fire department was on scene doing testing which required the power to be off. We had received notice of this the day before so we were not surprised. There were CM's waiting for our bus with flashlights and once we got into the hotel we were okay as there were lights on in the hallways. The room was pitch black though so we had to use the flashlight on my phone to get around. We were all so tired though so there wasn't a whole lot of activity before we were all asleep.

The parties seem to be getting more and more crowded, I'm glad you had an OK spot but being so crammed in doesn't sound like fun!

First of all, OH MY GOSH, the palace is GORGEOUS!!! I think my jaw would be dropped the whole time I'm there. That museum pass sounds like a great idea! How long did it take you to go through all the rooms that were open?

Those stray doggies look so sweet! And the kittens!! Ahh, so adorable :lovestruc:lovestruc

Sounds like you had a great party. How late does the park open til? I'm thinking of doing it for my 30th birthday trip but the crowds are a bit of a turn off. :crazy2:

Love that you took full advantage of the Memory Maker! I'm glad Disney has more PP photographers around now. I also love those frames. So cute!

Just wanted to say hi and I'm enjoying your trip report! We are hoping to go in December sometime soon!

Wow that is sure a heavy crowd! Love the pictures with the lit up castle - the lit up castle is my screen saver/background on my phone. It's sometimes surprising how a crowd of that size can either give you extra energy, or can end up making you tired just from the sheer volume.

The crowd was definitely intimidating especially when we were trying to move against the tide and trying not to get separated.

The parties seem to be getting more and more crowded, I'm glad you had an OK spot but being so crammed in doesn't sound like fun!

Yes, there was definitely a big crowd there. When we were not on Main St or in the hub the crowds weren't bad at all but as soon as you got near those areas you better keep a good grip on your family!

First of all, OH MY GOSH, the palace is GORGEOUS!!! I think my jaw would be dropped the whole time I'm there. That museum pass sounds like a great idea! How long did it take you to go through all the rooms that were open?

We were there for about 3 hours or so. It was definitely beautiful. If we had more time I would have visited Dolhambache Palace which was built in the 1800's and the Sultan and his court moved there. Pictures I have seen make it appear very opulent and much more Western European in style. Just would have been interesting to compare the two palaces.

Those stray doggies look so sweet! And the kittens!! Ahh, so adorable :lovestruc:lovestruc

They were all so sweet. The animals definitely captured our attention everywhere that we went.

Sounds like you had a great party. How late does the park open til?

Park is open until midnight on party nights.

Just wanted to say hi and I'm enjoying your trip report! We are hoping to go in December sometime soon!

Thanks for saying hello! It's always nice to know if people are reading!

You will love Disney in December! It is beautiful!

I couldn't get over how CRAZY crowded it was that week! The MVMCP I went to (Dec. 4th) was shoulder-to-shoulder, also! Sounds like you made the best of it... Your spot looks great to me!

I couldn't get over how CRAZY crowded it was that week! The MVMCP I went to (Dec. 4th) was shoulder-to-shoulder, also! Sounds like you made the best of it... Your spot looks great to me!

Yes, we tried to make the best of it. We did the major things that we wanted to do so no regrets there. Just wish we hadn't been so crowded.

After our fun time with Scrooge and the gang we were finished with our must-do character meets for the party. I would have loved to meet the princesses with their princes but the lines were long and there were other things to do!
When you do one of these night time parties, you have to have priorities and stick to them. No way you are going to do EVERYTHING! :crazy:

We did stop for a photopass photo in front of Prince Eric's castle. Unfortunately we were moving around too much or the photographer wasn't great so the photos were blurry but we had fun taking them anyways.
Good to see The Boys finally got over their earlier inhibitions......... :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

We were walking through Fantasyland and I saw that Anna and Elsa only had a 15 minute wait posted. I tried to get the others to go in but they didn't want to stop and told me maybe later... Well, that never happened. I kick myself still for passing up such a short wait for them!
:eek: Wow, say what? Only 15 minutes??? :confused3 The wait for those two is normally longer than that before they even open the park!!! :rotfl2: I guess all of the parents with younger princesses aren't hanging around and paying the party prices for the chance to meet them. :scratchin

We chatted with a CM at the door to the restaurant whose roommate was "friends with Kristoff". What was funny was that Alek and Mom had no idea what it meant to be "friends" with a character. Erich and I did not realize they were clueless until afterwards when Alek was asking who the heck Kristoff was and why we cared about somebody being friends with him... Educational moment!
:thumbsup2

We grabbed photopass photos as we made our way down the street. I refused to leave without getting photos in front of the castle all lit up.

Good Choice! :cheer2:

Overall we enjoyed the party. We got the character photos we really wanted and we got to see all the major shows.
Glad you had a good time overall. Getting Scrooge and the Dwarves is a major accomplishment! :woohoo:

The room was pitch black though so we had to use the flashlight on my phone to get around. We were all so tired though so there wasn't a whole lot of activity before we were all asleep.
I hope you hadn't left any lights turned on when you left the room. "Morning" may have come a little early when they switched the power back on............ :laughing:

Crazy, CRAZY amount of people at that party! WOWZA! But as you say, you did quite a lot and hit the major highlights that were on your list.

The snow pix at the endish were so great! I love that effect on Main. St. :)

Have spend the last few hours reading your trip report - am looking forward to our christmas trip from your photos!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report and hopefully noone got hurt with no lights!

When you do one of these night time parties, you have to have priorities and stick to them. No way you are going to do EVERYTHING! :crazy:

That is so true and something that I had to remind myself of in the moment.

:eek: Wow, say what? Only 15 minutes??? :confused3 The wait for those two is normally longer than that before they even open the park!!! :rotfl2: I guess all of the parents with younger princesses aren't hanging around and paying the party prices for the chance to meet them. :scratchin

They were probably all in the massive crowd in the hub/main st area! I can't believe I did not fight harder for the Frozen picture. Stupid stupid Lessa!

I hope you hadn't left any lights turned on when you left the room. "Morning" may have come a little early when they switched the power back on............ :laughing:

:laughing: No fear there, we slept like the dead.

The snow pix at the endish were so great! I love that effect on Main. St. :)

Me too! I rather liked the effect of the "snow" and lights on Main St. It was so pretty.

Have spend the last few hours reading your trip report - am looking forward to our christmas trip from your photos!

Christmas is a wonderful time to go and makes for a very different type of WDW trip. At least it did for us.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report and hopefully noone got hurt with no lights!

Nope, no injuries, at least not in our room. I imagine somebody somewhere in the hotel must have been stumbling around stubbing toes or tripping over stray souvenirs.

Howdy! Soooo, I am on vacation again! I know that you are probably all thinking when is she not on vacation? If so that is okay as that is what everybody else I know is thinking! :laughing: This time I am tagging along on a conference trip that my mom is on in the Canadian Maritimes (East Coast). I have my computer with me so hopefully I can squeeze out an update in the next few days. Maybe tomorrow as it is supposed to rain? Sorry to leave you all hanging!

In somewhat related news I did manage to have a Dis meet on this vacation! I met up with a friend I made on the Dis back in 2008! We've been chatting on the Dis and Facebook for 8 years and finally got to meet yesterday as she drove to the town of Lunenburg to have lunch with me. Isn't it funny how a love of Disney can bring people from all over the world together?

I am so, so insanely behind on your TR but I think I'm all caught up now!

Yum, we loved Boma breakfast too! I think it was my favorite buffet breakfast of the trip out of Boma, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace.

Great family pictures and I love them in front of the tree!

That's so great that you got the meet the Seven Dwarves! I agree that the pre-party wait is worth it for such rare characters!

The crowds on Main Street were insane for our MVMCP too. We were actually directly across from where you were for the first parade and fireworks. I loved the spot but that glare did make pictures hard!

What an amazing trip to Turkey! I had no idea the popularity of tulips began in Turkey! Love all of the pictures of the Hagia Sophia and the sultan's palace! It sounds like a dream trip being surrounded by so much beauty, culture, and history.

Nova Scotia - lovely! My DH has been to Lunenburg once with DD18 when she was younger. I and DD23 decided to stay in Halifax that day and go to the Art Gallery. Hope you are enjoying some yummy lobster!

Nova Scotia is beautiful. I loved Lunenburg and Halifax equally, can't go wrong either way!

That's so great that you got the meet the Seven Dwarves! I agree that the pre-party wait is worth it for such rare characters!

Definitely! No regrets over camping out for the Dwarves. I think I would have been really disappointed and regretted it if we had skipped them.

The crowds on Main Street were insane for our MVMCP too. We were actually directly across from where you were for the first parade and fireworks. I loved the spot but that glare did make pictures hard!

It was a great spot for viewing for sure. Maybe picking a bad spot for photography is good, makes you live in the moment without fussing with a camera.

It sounds like a dream trip being surrounded by so much beauty, culture, and history.

It was a wonderful trip! I was not ready to come back when the trip was over.

OH, wow, enjoy your East Coast! I have heard it's very lovely and quaint. Be safe. :)

It is a beautiful place! Went to Halifax, Peggy's Cover, Lunenburg and then spent a few days exploring Prince Edward Island which is a place I have always wanted to visit as I grew up an Anne of Green Gables fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter