It's a Cat World After All! A Sept TR (Updated 8/4 Page 11)

I just joined in!

I am enjoying reading about the crowds and weather in Sept... we'll be there this Sept (also at POFQ), a time of year we've never gone. It's just me and DDs, though. DS will be 10 months old in Sept, and I don't think he'll be up for it. I applaud you for doing Disney with a baby.

Love your rental City Mini. I have the same stroller at home!

What did you think of POFQ? We stayed in deluxe resorts our last 3 trips, but I was really trying to save money this time and I keep reading that it's a good trade off for a deluxe.

Looking forward to reading more,
Cheryl

Love the CP pictures!

That's so awesome that they took pictures of your family for promos! Even if they don't end up using them, the vouchers were a nice touch and what a great memory!

Aw those pictures of Cole are adorable! How cool that there was a roaming PP around capturing photos.

Love all the safari pictures.

Thanks! We just love CP!

I thought it was so cool and such a neat memory.

The roaming PP photographer was so awesome. I had never seen that before. It was a very quiet morning.

Thanks! I don't usually take a lot of safari pictures, but we were nearing the end of the trip and I was trying to make up for the lack of pictures from our first few days.

Great update! :)

Thank you!

I just joined in!

I am enjoying reading about the crowds and weather in Sept... we'll be there this Sept (also at POFQ), a time of year we've never gone. It's just me and DDs, though. DS will be 10 months old in Sept, and I don't think he'll be up for it. I applaud you for doing Disney with a baby.

Love your rental City Mini. I have the same stroller at home!

What did you think of POFQ? We stayed in deluxe resorts our last 3 trips, but I was really trying to save money this time and I keep reading that it's a good trade off for a deluxe.

Looking forward to reading more,
Cheryl

Welcome!!!

September is such a wonderful time to go. I hope you have a fantastic trip!

I must say, it's quite easy taking a little one and the best part...they're FREE!!! We just had to go at a slower pace and seeing his reactions was the best. I know lots of people who have taken their kids as babies....as young as 6 months old.

We just bought (well, my mom bought it for me as a birthday gift) a City Mini Elite on Craigslist. I LOVE it! I can actually go running with it (bigger wheels, jogger strap, etc). I haven't run with it yet, but I can't wait to do so.

POFQ is wonderful! I cannot say enough about it. It's nice and compact and it was very quiet. The pool is small, but that was fine by us. We never made it over to POR to check out their feature pool. If you want a great website to explore before your trip, go to www.portorleans.org. It's a fan run site with lots of pics, info, etc.

All caught up! I'm glad you were able to make it back in Animal Kingdom after you rainy first day. We love EOS too!

All caught up! I'm glad you were able to make it back in Animal Kingdom after you rainy first day. We love EOS too!

Me too! I really do enjoy AK, but it always seems we don't spend a lot of time there. Someday, I will stay long enough to see the parade and explore all that there is to do and see there.

I always recommend EOS to all of my clients. It never disappoints!

The alarm went off at 6:30am and I was slow to get up. Cole tossed and turned all night…he had a stuffy nose. Poor little guy! I hoped that he would feel ok because today we were not planning on coming back to the resort for our midday nap/swim. Anyways…..I woke Tony up at 7:10am and Madison started to wake up a little too. I couldn’t believe it was our last full day!! So sad.

Tony went to get us a bagel and a muffin around 7:30am and I got Madison ready while Cole slept. He finally woke up around 7:50am and the envelope of doom arrived shortly after that (the Magical Express envelope). We all ate and I got Cole ready….we were out the door at 8:10am. When we got to the bus stop I couldn’t believe how busy it was!! This definitely proved to me that MK is always a park to avoid on a Monday. There was a CM at the bus stop that morning and he had to call for a second MK bus. NUTS!

We got to MK by 8:45am and we positioned ourselves as close to the left side tunnel as possible.

After the Opening Show, we raced through the tunnel and zoomed to the Barber Shop. We were the 1st walk-ins and if the next 9am appointment didn’t show up, we would be next. Tony walked around outside the shop for a bit while Maddie and I waited. We were called right away! I had been waiting the whole trip for this, and this is how it turned out:

He screamed the whole time. I felt like a horrible mother! They only cut off ½ an inch so it didn’t take long at all. They bagged up his hair, gave us a certificate and 1st Haircut ears and we were on our way. We hopped on the Monorail and took it to the TTC where we then transferred to the Epcot Monorail. Can you believe this was our only time on the Monorail?!

We arrived at Epcot around 10am and the bag check line was pretty long. However, I have no idea where all those people went because the park was perfect!! We went to The Land and got FastPasses for Soarin’ (12:20-1:20pm) and a Rider Switch pass. Maddie and I used the Rider Switch pass while Tony took Cole to Sunshine Seasons for a snack. He hardly ate any breakfast in the room. Our wait was very short because they called for a party of 2! Woo hoo! We rode around 10:15am. We met back up, I grabbed an iced mocha (sure wish I had one now) and changed Cole. We then walked to The Seas to ride Nemo and got in line for Turtle Talk (11:15am). Cole was getting sleepy, so he didn’t last long in Turtle Talk. I had to take him out (he fell asleep on the Monorail for a little bit).

I think before Turtle Talk we explored The Seas for awhile. Cole loved watching the manatees and kept calling them cats (Tony took some video that I have yet to upload).

We met back up, grabbed the stroller and went to Mexico for some lunch. Tony and I shared the chicken tacos with churritos and a Sprite (those drinks are massive) ad Madison had chicken tenders and a Coke. After lunch, Cole needed a diaper change so we decided to check out the Baby Care Center. It’s inside the old Odyssey restaurant and it is lovely! There are lots of changing tables, private bathrooms, a playroom and I think nursing rooms (sorry, not a nursing mom so I didn’t pay attention). It was nice and quiet & cool in there. It was wonderful! There was a friendly CM there who made us feel welcome. We let Cole play for awhile which he needed. He was able to stretch his legs and just play. I was able to catch up on my trip journal too. I wish we had checked them out at all of the parks! (I wrote this was around 12:30pm).

Stay tuned for more of my favorite day ever!

I HATE getting the ME envelope! Our last trip we got someone else's envelope midway through our trip. I almost panicked when I saw it hanging on our door!
Awww, poor Cole! I guess he's not a fan of haircuts, huh?!

Those pictures of Cole getting his haircut are priceless! I feel bad for his suffering, but someday he will laugh at them!

I've heard really good things about those baby care centers. Of course I knew NOTHING about them when I actually brought a baby to WDW 9 years ago!

I HATE getting the ME envelope! Our last trip we got someone else's envelope midway through our trip. I almost panicked when I saw it hanging on our door!
Awww, poor Cole! I guess he's not a fan of haircuts, huh?!

Me too. It's just the worst. Getting someone else's would be just as bad...it's just a reminder of things to come.

He has gotten a little bit better, but not much!

Those pictures of Cole getting his haircut are priceless! I feel bad for his suffering, but someday he will laugh at them!

I've heard really good things about those baby care centers. Of course I knew NOTHING about them when I actually brought a baby to WDW 9 years ago!

I felt terrible while he was getting his hair cut, but I am glad that we did it. Memories I'll never forget!

The Baby Care Center was just wonderful! More people should really take advantage of them....they are lovely.

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome!

Oh that crying baby face! He still looks cute though! Was your DH mortified? Mine would've been.

Can't wait to see what's next!!

Aw I think lots of kids cry for their first haircuts so I'm sure they see a good amount of tears in the barber shop. The pictures are the type that will be fun to show him when he's 16 and embarrassed by things like that! :goodvibes

I saw that I had been here, but then I apparently I lost it? Idk lol. I'm sorry!

I have loved your trip. It's so cute seeing the World through Cole's eyes for the first times! And it's been fun watching Madison grow through the trips! How special she got to dance at Raglan Road! (Can't wait to go there myself!) I'm also glad you made time in the trip to go back to AK. My last trip, I only made it to AK once and it was too crowded to be enjoyable, so we had left. And now it's been like 3 years since I've been on EE and that's depressing. I love seeing all the stuff you buy! I love Disney merch. Also...your one basically crowd-less DHS day sounds perfect. I love it there!

Any upcoming trips planned?

Aw I think lots of kids cry for their first haircuts so I'm sure they see a good amount of tears in the barber shop. The pictures are the type that will be fun to show him when he's 16 and embarrassed by things like that! :goodvibes

Cole cries at every haircut! I just got his haircut last week (that was haircut number 4) and he still screams.

I saw that I had been here, but then I apparently I lost it? Idk lol. I'm sorry!

I have loved your trip. It's so cute seeing the World through Cole's eyes for the first times! And it's been fun watching Madison grow through the trips! How special she got to dance at Raglan Road! (Can't wait to go there myself!) I'm also glad you made time in the trip to go back to AK. My last trip, I only made it to AK once and it was too crowded to be enjoyable, so we had left. And now it's been like 3 years since I've been on EE and that's depressing. I love seeing all the stuff you buy! I love Disney merch. Also...your one basically crowd-less DHS day sounds perfect. I love it there!

Any upcoming trips planned?

Welcome back Kimmy!

Aw, thanks! It was such a wonderful first trip for Cole. I wish we could take him back right now...he is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einstein's! He would go even more crazy for all of the characters.

Don't even get me started on Madison....she is going into Middle School this fall!

Raglan Road is super yummy and it is gorgeous inside. The dancers are fantastic as well.

I cannot wait for my conference in Sept....my first night I plan on hitting up DTD for some dinner and SHOPPING!

Even though we don't spend a ton of time at AK, no trip is complete without a ride on EE. It is such a gorgeous park.

Hi everyone. Sorry I have been a bit MIA lately...we've been pretty busy! The week of July 8th was Vacation Bible School and I am one of the leaders in the Games department. Our VBS goes from 8:45am until 1pm, so it was a very long week.

That was also the week that Madison's summer dance lessons started along with summer band (she had to miss the first week of band due to VBS). Needless to say, last week was nuts getting into all of her activities.....dance Mon evenings and Wed afternoons, band on Tues and Thurs mornings. Last Wed was also crazy because my sister and I drove up to Toronto for the Justin Timerlake/Jay-Z concert!!! :yay: It was fantastic! We have seen Justin Timberlake 3 times now and he is coming back to Toronto alone in February. Gotta convice the DH that I need to go again.

Anyways....we stayed overnight in Toronto and Thursday was rough. I am such an old lady and I was up WAY past my bedtime. It was also blazingly hot last week and the concert was the Rogers Centre (where the Toronto Blue Jays play). The dome was closed, but it was still hot....it was a sellout crowd of 45,000 and once they were all up and dancing, it was HOT!

I hope to get an update posted soon....this TR is almost over!

There I go being MIA again! Sounds like you had a great time at the concert. I'm going to a music festival in Hershey this weekend. I can't wait!

This summer is flying by!

Wow, you certainly have been busy! I've heard Justin Timberlake puts on a great show!

It's just so amazing taking your kids to Disney World. This is first trip Landon is really anticipating and having opinions on what he wants to do and I love it! So cute raising Disney babies - you'll have to take Cole to Hollywood & Vine next time! Landon loved the Disney Jr characters there!

I can't believe Madison is starting middle school! Where does the time go? :faint:

Hope you had fun seeing Justin! He seems like such an incredible performer! I love his stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter