Itinerary questions

poohntigger

Mouseketeer
I have some itinerary questions since it is our first trip to California. We are seasoned WDW vets. Our so far is:

June 30-arrive-staying at BWPPI-visit Downtown Disney, reservations at Rainforest Cafe at 5:00

July 1-Disneyland-reservations at Cafe Orleans at 11:30

July 2-California Adventure-evening at Disneyland for Fantasmic Dessert

July 3- either park, open day

July 4- Disneyland- reservation for Big Thunder Ranch BBQ at 4:00

July 5- open day again-hit both parks

July 6- California Adventure-Carthay Circle reservation at 11:10-get WOC passes

July 7- back home

What should I change based on the possibility of magic mornings for California Adventure on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I know this is speculation but if true, what should I change? Should I hit California Adventure on Sunday? Should I do eating reservations on different on different days? Appreciate any and all thoughts.

We are there the next week after you and I just started making dining reservations each day. I am still going with the philosophy outlined here:

"What WDW Vets Need to Know About Dining at DLR" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914467

which means I am not overloading reservations for every meal every day. I am tending to make one major res per day that we will try and make and then planning to flex.

Since we are staying at the GCH we can use MMs at DCA if they emerge as rumored. That means I am just going with the idea that I am making dining reservations at the MM park. Tue/Th at DL and Wed/Fri at DCA for us on a four day trip.

Since you are staying offsite I would go with the opposite and plan to do the non-MM park each day - except for the one day you would have an MM which would probably be for DL unless Disney lets you use your MM at DCA.

That would mean Sunday July 1, Tue July 3 and Thu July 5 at DCA. And the others for DL. Not that you won't park hop.

Choose a day to use your MM - I would recommend the first day Sunday and start that at DL for MM. The arrange your other days accordingly.

Also, on the day you do Fantasmic try and eat a light dinner. We ate too heavy last time and had near zero appetite for the desserts.

Hope that helps.

:wizard:

I was in your shoes last year - been to WDW so many times and was planning DLR to the hilt!

Hydroguy's posts are great and right on the money. I think I made one ADR the entire trip last time and ended up cancelling it anyway because I got caught up in touring the parks.

It's extremely laid back compared to WDW - and if you have 6 days there, you probably don't even need a touring plan, even with CarsLand opening; rather, just check the tips posted here, especially for WoC, Fantasmic, and TSMM, and have a general idea of what you want to ride and when you should ride it.

I'm jealous - would love to be going to CarsLand!

Sorry to hijack your post, but what recommendations do you have for Christmas time? :santa: We are WDW vets too, and having difficulty changing midset for DLR. Planning on arriving on Friday the 21st, and was just going to enjoy the hotel (staying onsite) and Downtown Disney. And wanted to do DL first (but that would put us in DL on a Saturday, which I understand is the most crowded day, plus it's the holiday :crowded:), then DCA on Sunday, then DCA again on Christmas Eve (Monday), and DL on Christmas Day (Tuesday), and then have a day off on Wednesday to relax, enjoy hotel and DD again, and any dining reservations (want to do all the Character meals, and possibly BB and the new CC), and then leave (flying out) on Thursday. How will all that work with MM and the Toontown Morning Madness (or whatever it's call), and then also be set up so that maybe by then they will have MM for DCA. Suggestions? (I know, I'm packing in a lot -- but since we live on the other side of the country, this may be our only trip to DL, and want to get in as much as possible....) Any insite and suggestions for itenerary that time of year is greatly appreciated!!!! :worship:

(I should also mention, we do generally work the whole arrive early, use FP's, and have a plan to get the most out of it, although we know that time of year is more difficult due to crowd level, but we went to WDW the same time last year, with little expectation of riding much, but we worked the early mornings and FP's well, and I swear we got to ride more than ever! AND still enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere and special events.... This time, we mostly want to ride what's NOT at WDW like Nemo submarines and Littler Mermaid, and of course Carsland, or different/better like POTC, and the rethemed rides like IASW and HMH, and probably take advantage of the Holiday Tour to take advantage of getting ahead of the line for certain rides and special parade seating, as well as WOC dining and Fantasmic dessert for the seating..... So basically, I guess Im asking what days are best for crowds and to work the "extra" time and meals and nighttime events?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter