Itinerary Check

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
Here is my basic itinerary plan for our first trip Aulani. It will be Me, my husband, my 5 year son and my parents staying in a DVC 2 bed Garden View during 4th of July week. We are staying out of Waikiki this trip and since we are owners now we plan on doing some of the stuff we are missing next year like Pearl Harbor. We really wanted this to be more of a resort trip. We are craving beach and pool time after covid lockdowns in Colorado. Let me know what you guys think of our plans.

Sat: July 2nd Fly in arrive 2:27 pm
-Get minivan rental
-Check in and off my son and me at hotel (I burn crazy 5 year old energy and let him run around)
-Husband and Grandparents shop to get groceries look for dinner at Costco

Sun: July 3rd: North Shore
-Wake up early to drive and get a head start on crowds
-North shore Itinerary
-Shakka’s app
-Must eat quick and be ready out the door!
-Have road snacks, drinks, and swim stuff ready to go.

• Start: 6:30 to 6:40 am
  • 7am at opening Leonard's Malasadamobile Wagon
    • 94-849 Lumiaina St, Waipahu, HI 96797 takes 18 mins
    • Malasadas!
    • 10is mins
  • 8 am Laniakea Beach: 40 mins to get here​

• 10 to 15 mins to walk around the beach
  • 8:30 am Sharks Cove: 9 mins away
  • Ted's Bakery
    • 59-024 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712
    • Pies, malasadas
    • Guava and strawberry pie good, pineapple macadmanut cheese cake very good
  • Maybe go see turtle bay resort?? Eat lunch here?
  • Rainbow House Shave Ice
    • 56-931 Kamehameha Hwy Kahuku, HI 96731
    • The best açaí bowl!
    • Also Ohana Island Creations has good shopping and in the same parking.
  • Head back to Aulani
  • We are skipping popular Matsumoto Shave Ice and Giovannis' shrimp truck, we just do not want to deal with the crowds. So found these alts.
  • Big Wave Shrimp
    • N66-521 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712ot peeled shrimp
    • Need to get food to take back to my dad ( he is not coming up)
  • Kaimana Shave Ice
  • Next to this has a Shaved Ice place that could be better than Matsumoto
  • 66519 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712
  • Real shave ice ! Natural favors and awesome staff. Wonderful yard out back to relax & enjoy the ice. Mango and strawberry combo.
Head back at the resort relax.

Monday: July 4th: resort and fireworks
- Breakfast in room
- (try for kids club)
- Hoping for special things to do at resort for 4th and hoping fireworks in evening.
- Hoping for lots of pics, hoping they will be in 4th of july outfits.
- lots of pool and beach time
- Just eating pool food that day.

Tuesday: July 5th: resort day
- (try for kids club)
-Breakfast in room
- want to make ears
-Lunch: Character Brunch (need to book at 30 days, 11am last breakfast)
- Pool and beach time
-Dinner: Pool food

Wednesday: July 6th Kualoa Ranch
-49 mins
-Normal Breakfast in room
- 9:15 am Jurassic Park Tour
-Pack sandwiches and snacks for lunch
- head back to aulani, relax
-Monkeypod Kitchen - Ko Olina: 4:15 pm

Thursday: July 7th Resort day
- (try for kid club)
-Normal Breakfast
-Lunch sandwiches/pool food/abc
-Bar food Night that night at Ōlelo

Friday:
July 8th Luau Day

• Normal Breakfast in room
  • 30 mins to Dole Plantation, do train
  • 𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗰𝘆 𝗚𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘇: Food Truck (watch a local video on it, looks great)
  • Head back to aulani
  • Disney Luau evening!! VIP
Sat: July 9th We leave but we do resort day since plane is leaving so late
- (try for kid club)
-Normal breakfast in room
- Pack up and have do pool for the day since we are flying red eye
-Lunch and Dinner pool eating
- Drop off rental and head home on ariplane

Looks good! On the day you go to Kualoa Ranch, I’d suggest trying some of the local restaurants, instead of sandwiches. Yummy Huli Huli Chicken is just a few minutes from the Ranch and definitely worth a stop. Farther down, in Kaneohe, there are several good local restaurants which won’t be too expensive. Got’z Grindz, Local Boy Sushi (and plate lunch), Adela’s Country Eatery, Kono’s etc. (Wait times at Adela’s can be long - it’s very popular).

We usually eat at Big Wave - but if you’re not familiar with the shrimp trucks, they all taste different. Sometimes it’s worth making a couple stops to try out different ones. Jenny’s usually parks across the street from Big Wave these days, and is definitely a great alternative. And in the same parking lot as Giovanni’s is Honos, which we prefer to Giovanni’s. That parking lot is a zoo, so we usually skip it altogether, depending on timing.

Looks good! On the day you go to Kualoa Ranch, I’d suggest trying some of the local restaurants, instead of sandwiches. Yummy Huli Huli Chicken is just a few minutes from the Ranch and definitely worth a stop. Farther down, in Kaneohe, there are several good local restaurants which won’t be too expensive. Got’z Grindz, Local Boy Sushi (and plate lunch), Adela’s Country Eatery, Kono’s etc. (Wait times at Adela’s can be long - it’s very popular).

We usually eat at Big Wave - but if you’re not familiar with the shrimp trucks, they all taste different. Sometimes it’s worth making a couple stops to try out different ones. Jenny’s usually parks across the street from Big Wave these days, and is definitely a great alternative. And in the same parking lot as Giovanni’s is Honos, which we prefer to Giovanni’s. That parking lot is a zoo, so we usually skip it altogether, depending on timing.
Good to know about Kualoa Ranch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter