It was sooo hot today...

A lot of the Northeast normally doesn't need air in the summer, except for a few days.

No central air. As PP mentioned it's just not justified. We do have a window A/C in the bedroom so the kids and I mostly hung out there yesterday. Most summers we only run it about 5 or 6 days - the last few days have been the only ones where temps hit 90 or higher. Right now it's 70. The biggest problem is when my house gets hot it gets really, really hot and stays hot - thus the melted chips.

My mother lives on Cape Cod and I lived there for 6 years. We definitely need A/C in the summer!

sounds like a great excuse to just get out a big spoon!

Oh - if you have plastic spoons you could dip them in - chocolate covered spoons are great in coffee or hot milk.

I found a Little Debbie oatmeal cake that was left in the hot car all day. :scared1:

I couldn't live without my A/C, even for a week. I swear I would melt.

It was so hot here (103 I believe) that a crayon someone had dropped on the sidewalk was melted into a puddle. It is just miserable here right now. I just hope it will go back to the usual 90 or 92 by the time we are at WDW.

A lot of the Northeast normally doesn't need air in the summer, except for a few days.

This is so not true. We are in the northeast and we need AC. My inlaws had a house directly on the atlantic ocean and still used their air ALOT. It is really not healthy to be in a house that is 96 degrees. :eek:

do you have any fruit? choc covered fruit is yummy

i feel for you i dont know how hot it got there but it hit 103(116 with the heat index) last time i seen the news today(im right above philly)

Great minds think a like, that was my first thought:)

Oh, how I feel for all of you without AC in this weather!! Brutal!

I grew up in SE Massachusetts....Fairhaven, right outside of New Bedford. I never knew anyone who had central air. When I moved to NC 16 years ago, I remember how strange is was to walk into a cool house! AC is an absolute necessity here....I don't think I've ever been in a home in NC without it....

This is so not true. We are in the northeast and we need AC. My inlaws had a house directly on the atlantic ocean and still used their air ALOT. It is really not healthy to be in a house that is 96 degrees. :eek:

I lived in Newport, Rhode Island for several years. I'd moved there from Texas, where we had air. No air in Newport - at the time I didn't know anyone who had it. Of course there were warm days. But nowhere close to the need for air that you would have in Texas or other southern states. No comparison.

I forgot a package of store bought chocolate chip cookies in my car... in this heat ... yesterday. They cooked. Literally. Were burned and crispy. The few we ate out of the package on the drive home from the store were nice and soft ...:lmao:

I forgot a package of store bought chocolate chip cookies in my car... in this heat ... yesterday. They cooked. Literally. Were burned and crispy. The few we ate out of the package on the drive home from the store were nice and soft ...:lmao:

Oh, my this is too funny. We've got cooler temps today. Right now it's 76 with a high of 84 predicted. Of course it's did rain earlier it's still cloudy and really really humid.

I guess the need for A/C is relative. I can't sleep in A/C so to me it's definitely not a necessity on days that we have the A/C on I sleep on the couch. I figure unless the temps outside are above 90 it's just not warranted. A good fan will usually do me just fine. Plus the cost of retrofitting my 70 yo house for central A/C would be prohibitive as we'd have to do all kinds of crazy things to get it to rooms. And DH installs A/C.

I would still toss the bags in the fridge/freezer. It will be a big chunk, but just bust it up for chocolate chunks.

And get yourself a/c! :thumbsup2

I have many friends who live in the NE and all of them say they wouldn't live without it!

I agree I would never live without a/c again. As a kid we did not have it in our house or car and longed for it on those hot humid days and esp. at night. Yes we do not usually get a lot of days in the 90's but even those 80 degree days with high humidity is enough of a need for it.

Oh, my this is too funny. We've got cooler temps today. Right now it's 76 with a high of 84 predicted. Of course it's did rain earlier it's still cloudy and really really humid.

I guess the need for A/C is relative. I can't sleep in A/C so to me it's definitely not a necessity on days that we have the A/C on I sleep on the couch. I figure unless the temps outside are above 90 it's just not warranted. A good fan will usually do me just fine. Plus the cost of retrofitting my 70 yo house for central A/C would be prohibitive as we'd have to do all kinds of crazy things to get it to rooms. And DH installs A/C.
That's what they make window a/c for and if that doesn't work for you they now have portable units that you can move around from room to room. They also have a fan on them so that if you want just the fan at night you can use that option and utilize the a/c during the day.

My parents now have window units and they do the job just as well as my central a/c. I actually like them a little better because you can have each room at a different temp. where as my central a/c unit I can not control the temp. in each room.

New homes at least in my area come with central a/c already installed not only for people's comfort but because humidity is not good for the house either.

Since the chocolate is already melted, you could use it to dip buckeyes. The part I hate the most about making them is melting the chocolate.

Last week my A/C froze up and stopped blowing out cold air, within 10 minutes I had to get out of the house as I just can't handle heat.Of course I'm in Florida so your A/C is like my heater which I only run like four times all year,the way I look at it I'm hot and sweaty 9 months of the year so when it gets cold I like to feel it,plus I sleep so much better when it's cold.When we get a hurricane come by and maybe knock the power out for a day or two I end up sleeping outside as there's no way I could fall asleep sweating,even with central air I need a fan blowing in my face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter