It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

Hi, Ariane! I know I've read your DR's before but I cannot remember if I ever commented..I always enjoy reading them & your pictures are all great!
Hi there and :welcome: Thank you for the nice compliments, happy to have you here!

So I am Waaay late to this party but I just moved near WDW (25 minute drive!) & I have been busy with that & enjoying my new home! I am so excited to finally be living here b/c I have been wanting to move back ever since my CP Waay back in 2003!
Now I'm jealous :snooty: I would love to move down there, but to keep the boys happy I need to wait until they graduate lol. I'm glad you're enjoying being so close! Really, how could one not?
That's awesome that you & your DH will be visiting during F&G twice this year. I usually always booked my trips 1st week in March & then in May also b/c I really enjoy the park during this festival.
I agree, I think Epcot is absolutely beautiful during F&G. I was just hoping to go once this year during the festival so it's a big huge bonus that we're managing to go twice.

Things I've recently added to my list that I haven't been before are: Tiffins (I really hope they will still have the Taste of Tiffins option for lunch since that is what I want to try), LTT for lunch & breakfast at The Wave which looks Amazing from your photos! And I just recently found out from reading another DR that the Mimosas are endless so that just seals the deal!
I hope you enjoy them all!!

I just went to check out GP last week & I really enjoyed being there but was disappointed in the cheesy brisket app I ordered which I was looking forward to trying.
Ugh, sorry you were disappointed. Yes, even the best places have off days and nights. We didn't get any food there but those eating around us seemed to be thoroughly enjoying what they were having. Hopefully the next option you try won't disappoint! It'll make it easy going back since the views are so pretty :goodvibes

But I did like the Whipper Snapper Sour drink I had & I will be there again to try more things that I'm sure I will really enjoy.
There you go, another reason to go back :thumbsup2

Tiffins looks awesome. I can't wait to be able to try some of the signatures one day.
That's how I felt when the boys were still small. I know many people bring their young kids and it's not that we were against it, but Ricky was SO picky until he was about 12 so it just wasn't worth it. I hope you get to try some soon!

. I feel the same way about ROL. It was nice but somewhat underwhelming for us. My kids liked the Tree of Life Awakening just as much and they showed that every 10-15 minutes :laughing:
I LOVE the ToL Awakenings :love: Unfortunately the boys only caught a glimpse on our Nov. trip so I'm hoping they can watch longer next time as I think they'll enjoy that more than RoL, which I don't even know if we'll bother with. I am glad they have a nighttime show there but.......................:confused3

The Wave seems like a Disney hidden gem and the breakfast looks delicious :thumbsup2.
Exactly what it is, a hidden gem!

Breakfast looks good too! And bottomless mimosas? :thumbsup2 I made them for Mother's Day breakfast, for myself and my soon to be MIL.
Ooh, nice DIL you are!

My fiance went to try mine, sniffed, and goes, it smells like wine :confused3 I don't get wine smell lol.
:laughing: I don't get wine from sniffing my Mimosas either but to each their own, right?

So many places, so little stomach room...
Truer words have never been spoken, and hey, that's a good title for a dining report!

Guys!
Ugh!

I tried SO hard to get another update done before we left for our May trip, but alas I have failed. Because we leave THURSDAY :dancer:
and as you can see, no update. So when we return early next week I promise I will quickly finish up our March trip so I can get started on our sure to be fabulously full of food MAY TRIP!
THANK YOU FOR STICKING AROUND; SEE YA REAL SOON :tinker:

Have a great time! :wizard:

I don't think anyone can be disappointed when you're off to have more amazing Disney experiences to write about in your TRs/DRs. It's all in the name of good research, right? :thumbsup2

Guys!
Ugh!

I tried SO hard to get another update done before we left for our May trip, but alas I have failed. Because we leave THURSDAY :dancer:
and as you can see, no update. So when we return early next week I promise I will quickly finish up our March trip so I can get started on our sure to be fabulously full of food MAY TRIP!
I'll be be here have fun!

BTW as anyone seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I hadn't seen the first one but took Chris and his friend to see the new one on Sat. LOVED IT! It was so different from what I expected, especially the fact that it's hysterical. Love the humor. I came home and immediately watched the first one! Now I'm kind of looking forward to the new M&G at HS, hoping it sticks around until our Aug. trip with the boys.

I loved it too!!! Hope Starlord and Baby Groot are there in August!

The Wave has both a breakfast buffet and an a la carte menu but we both went with the buffet.

Good choice! So did I!

Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly! Crunchy bacon, eggs not runny, etc. The hash browns were so tasty and while this wasn't the full-sized danish it did the trick. And the yogurt parfait? I never eat yogurt because it's healthy and really doesn't get along with the other foods I consume. But when I read what was in this I had to try it, because besides the caramel, banana and granola it had white chocolate chips!! My mouth was dancing!!

Yum, the parfaits there are really good, and I like how they are small so you can have more than one. Loved breakfast at the Wave! Glad you tried it!

I seriously wanted to eat more but I was too full; I'm sure the 4 or 5 Mimosas had something to do with that. Instead we paid our bill and browsed the shops of the Contemporary. I may have been a little loud, which is what usually happens after I have some adult beverages :P Doesn't normally happen before noon but, well, sometimes................

Haha. I sometimes get loud when I drink. It's either that or I'm passed out. Haha.

Guys!
Ugh!

Yay!! See you this weekend!!

Have a fun trip, I'm sure it will be lovely!

We also enjoyed the Wave breakfast buffet. The little yogurt parfaits were good and many choices. I really loved the sweet potato pancakes and the grits. I am from as far north as you can get practically and really don't like grits either but these were the best of the grits I had tried lol!

Back in 2015 we were booked here for Thanksgiving brunch. As a few of you know, I spent the wee hours of that morning like this :crazy2::crazy2: and ended up spending the day in bed with a horrendous stomach virus,

I'm sure you were super happy to be remembering THIS right before brunch :crazy2:

the Wave has bottomless Mimosas!

Yum! Awesome deal!

I'm just not a grits person. I'm from the north.

I've still never tried them :rolleyes1

we leave THURSDAY

Oh my gosh!! You're there NOW! Have fun!

Hey Hey, we're back!! Got home around 9:30 last night from another great trip, so thank you all for the well wishes!! I hope to finish up my posts from our March trip asap so I can move on to this trip, especially since we ate some great food and had no less than THREE dismeets!!!

Have a nice trip!

Have an amazing trip!!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read all about it! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!

Have a great time! :wizard:

I don't think anyone can be disappointed when you're off to have more amazing Disney experiences to write about in your TRs/DRs. It's all in the name of good research, right? :thumbsup2

Hope you have a great trip!:mickeyjum

Have a fabulous trip!!!!

I'll be be here have fun!

Have a great trip!

Yay!! See you this weekend!!

We did see you guys and I'm so glad for that :goodvibes:goodvibes

Time for me to start stalking you again on FB! ENJOY!!!

I saw you stalking me :tiptoe:

Have a fun trip, I'm sure it will be lovely!

Hi Ariane! Have ANOTHER GREAT TRIP!!!:rose:

Oh my gosh!! You're there NOW! Have fun!

Hi Ariane glad you had a great time. Can't wait to hear about all the good food and your DIS meets. Also what you thought about Pandora.
Kathy and I are flying out tomorrow morning at 6:15am can't wait to get back to our happy place :cloud9:

I was just thinking of you today and wondering how your trip was going. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Can't wait to hear about all the good food and your DIS meets. Also what you thought about Pandora.
We need to be FB friends! I posted a bunch of pics of Pandora on my page, but of course now you're busy packing or getting ready to sleep and you'll be seeing it for yourself soon enough. I'll just say this - it is spectacular and do not skip FoP!!

Kathy and I are flying out tomorrow morning at 6:15am can't wait to get back to our happy place :cloud9:
I hope you and Kathy have another wonderful trip :goodvibes :smickey: :tinker:

I was just thinking of you today and wondering how your trip was going. Can't wait to hear all about it!
That's so nice of you! And I just noticed the PTR link in your signature; going to check that out asap :)

We need to be FB friends! I posted a bunch of pics of Pandora on my page, but of course now you're busy packing or getting ready to sleep and you'll be seeing it for yourself soon enough. I'll just say this - it is spectacular and do not skip FoP!!

I hope you and Kathy have another wonderful trip :goodvibes :smickey: :tinker:

I would love to be FB friends but I'm in the 1% that isn't on FB. I know I know :crazy:
Thanks so much :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter