It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

Oh man, with you and @kastoney both reviewing Tiffins on the same day I am seriously wishing we were going in September! But between that and Tusker House and it just being me and Sean, TH seems to be the obvious choice for us. I will definitely get there at some point, and I will definitely be having that Snow Leopard drink.

Your evening at WL sounds like it was lovely! :)

Lamu Libation-Star African Rum Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Puree, Tropical Juices, Gosling's 151 Rum Float

This looks really good! I also love how large these drinks look!

The 4 cheeses included a Blue, a Goat, Feta, and a Midnight Blue Cheese. Accompaments were house made raisins, Cardamom Marcona Almonds, Manjar Blanco, and Cape Gooseberry which I think are those cute little raspberry jelly squares of deliciousness that I wanted a bag of!

Yum! I am so torn on what to order at Tiffin's this Saturday...we're not doing the RoL package so I may just have to get more than one appetizer.

Steve opted for the Octopus as his appetizer: Marinated Grilled Octopus served with Salsify, Saffron Aioli, and Lemon-Caper Olive Oil

I loved this the last time! I'm sooo going to get it again!

I knew way ahead of time what I was going with but Steve had a tough time deciding between this and 2 other offerings. In the end we were both more than happy with our decision to get the Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib: with Rainbow Carrots, Roasted Peruvian Purple Potatoes, Chimichurri

Ooooh looks delicious! I love chimichurri!

It was chocolate cake :thumbsup2

Hahaha. Desserts looked really good!

It's pretty, I'll give it that. There seem to be 2 camps: either you love love love it or think it was hyped too much. We didn't exactly think it was hyped too much but............we didn't love it. Not enough of a story and the water projections didn't come through all that clear, which was also an issue with the Jungle Book show

SAME THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!

The pretty light blue one is my drink, the Moscato Colada: Skyy Infusions Moscato Grape Vodka and Bols Blue Curacao blended with Pina Colada mix.
Steve had the Black Cherry Lemonade: Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, fresh Lime Juice, and Grenadine topped with Sprite.

Such pretty tropical drinks!! The blue one looks especially cool.

s boring as some think it is I wanted to ride the boat ride in Mexico because I love the fireworks on the ceiling.

Um, I LOVE this ride, it's a staple for my trips :thumbsup2

I took a picture and was going to post it here but there's a lady's face right smack up close staring at the camera so I decided not to lol.

This is HILARIOUS :rotfl2:

As soon as we hit Main St. we saw the trolley and it was the perfect timing as they had just pulled to a stop and were loading up with guests so we jumped on for our first ever ride!

AHH I want to do this! Do you know if there is a schedule or do you just have to be in the right place at the right time?

. The little boy belonging to the family in front of us was full on french kissing the railing while we were waiting :crazy2: :crazy2: :faint: so that was fun to watch.

Fun times... :bitelip:

Our table was right under a picture of Thomas Jefferson so I quickly looked around the room to see if they also had pictures of his many illegitimate children but as usual, they get no respect.

hahahahahahah:goodvibes

Hi guys! Thought I'd give you all a quick rundown of our eating plans for our May trip, which is now a mere 19 days away!!

SO CLOSE!!

-Boma dinner
-Plaza lunch, which I'm thinking more and more we won't do
-Boma breakfast
-Homecomin' dinner
-planning to eat at HBD lounge, and of course,
-LOTS more F&G booth fun!

Can't wait to see what you end up keeping and switching!

Steve's is the Snow Leopard Salvation-Snow Leopard Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer
Mine is the Lamu Libation-Star African Rum Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Puree, Tropical Juices, Gosling's 151 Rum Float

YUMM. DH and I might go here just for the babies

RoL dining packages and FP's opened in Feb. while I was in Orlando at my TA Universal training, and I jumped on my Ipad and booked the RoL dining package right away without even searching for a FP. It was easier, as I knew I wanted to eat at Tiffins.

AHH now I want to do the ROL dining package and not the 'Brunch at the Top'. #decisionsdecisions #firstworldproblems

We actually found an entire empty row that had a "reserved" sign on the end, so we sat there. After about 3 minutes a CM removed that sign and other latecomers sat in the row, too. The seats were fine view-wise and I can't see that any seat would have a bad view.

HMMM that seems to be a good tactic...

Steve's is the Snow Leopard Salvation-Snow Leopard Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer
Mine is the Lamu Libation-Star African Rum Cruzan Banana Rum, Guava Puree, Tropical Juices, Gosling's 151 Rum Float

Those both look delicious and refreshing, especially yours!

Very soon our server, Mark from Long Island came over. He recognized our "accents", our lack of if you ask me ;) as NY and he has relatives by us, so we had a nice conversation about LI and upstate. He then brought us over some of their bread and dipping sauce:

Next up were our entrees and we both ordered the same thing. I knew way ahead of time what I was going with but Steve had a tough time deciding between this and 2 other offerings. In the end we were both more than happy with our decision to get the Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib: with Rainbow Carrots, Roasted Peruvian Purple Potatoes, Chimichurri

I know the meat probably looks a little rare for some of you and truthfully, I normally like it less red than this, but this was like buttah. Perfect, and if it were cooked differently I don't know that it would have been as good! The potatoes also were delicious and the chimichurri sauce was just heavenly and had a nice kick to it. Steve enjoyed both meats evenly but my favorite was the wagyu beef. I would get this again in a heartbeat.
I normally don't get my beef rare, but wow that looks amazing. You can tell how tender it is.

As mentioned above chocolate is my go-to sweet, so I got the South American Chocolate Ganache: served with Caramelized Bananas and Cocoa Nib Tuile:

Look at all the yummy things on this plate! The schmear was raspberry, my favorite of the berries :D Then hiding behind the cocoa nib you have a sweet creamy semi-whipped cream atop a dark chocolaty cake-y candy bar dessert. I let Steve have the bananas because between the jelly raspberry thingy's with my cheese plate, the schmear here and the spoonfuls of dragon FRUIT and passion FRUIT sorbets, I was at my limit of fruit for the day lol.
I was questioning the furry thing that looked a little like brown lint on my plate; we couldn't figure out what it was. It was soft, like lint..........

That looks like pure chocolate heaven! It definitely does look like a chocolate lint ball though.

The pretty light blue one is my drink, the Moscato Colada: Skyy Infusions Moscato Grape Vodka and Bols Blue Curacao blended with Pina Colada mix.
Steve had the Black Cherry Lemonade: Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, fresh Lime Juice, and Grenadine topped with Sprite.

Now, I got the Moscato Colada because I love Moscato and it had the word in it lol, and I promised Renee @ArielSRL I would try it. It was ok; sweet but not a happy sweet. Kind of a flat sweet? Yeah, I know I'm not helping any of you with that description. Bottom line it didn't taste bad by any means but it didn't make me look forward to my next sip.
I'm with ya on the moscato colada. It looked so pretty, but I was kind of disappointed. After about half I had had enough.

Your dinner at Tiffins looks good, especially the cheese. We need to find our way to Nomads Lounge. There is a drink that I want to try.

This was a very nice way to end our night, sitting down by the water with our drinks. It was pretty busy out there too and many folks were ordering food, with servers taking orders at tables and then delivering the food. Also, if we strained our necks we could see the EWP stop down by the dock but it didn't come all the way down to GP. Sadly this was the only night we spent out there and I do wish we'd gone back because it's very relaxing and there are so many more drinks on the menu I need to try!
I had the Black Cherry Mule, which in theory sounded good, but I didn't particularly can for it. I think the ginger beer didn't work here. :(

I'm surprised that the EWP didn't go all the way down to Geyser Point. We are going to try and get over to Geyser Point in May, if we can work it into our schedule.

Oops, and my bra too! Made sure to get that in the picture. Our trip last month was March 25th-28th and we stayed for the 2nd time at what has become my favorite resort, the Wilderness Lodge.
OK, so I'm late to the party, but any report that starts off with a bra has to be good! :rotfl:

Steve ordered Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite: Pot Roast served with Mashed Potatoes and Garden Vegetables:
I only went to LTT once, in 2010 and i think it was just the family style dinner. It was OK, but nothing that has ever made me want to go back. Until seeing this picture. That looks awesome, and right up my alley, being a very meat and potatoes guy. If the keep the a la carte menu, I might have to try it sometime. Plus it would give me a chance to get the legendary ooey gooey toffee cake.

So, we both have reservations at Homecomin" and I can't wait.
I can't, either! At first I wasn't sold on it but after reading multiple reviews and checking out the menu a couple times I decided I have to go :thumbsup2

Why are you thinking about canceling The Plaza??? We are eating there in July simply so I can have the fried green tomato sammie. I'm a sucker for those yummy tomatoes...
The fried greem tomato sandwich is exactly why I want to go there lol! The main reason I'm thinking of not going there is because Steve and I both loved LTT lunch SO much, I just can't make up my mind if I want to go back there instead. And I plan to get the fried green tomato app at Homecomin' so I'll still get to have some of those........tough decisions when it comes to Disney!

Your Tiffin's meal looks good. I'm with you on Steve's :crazy2: We have a ROL package booked there too. I was hesitant because I'm a picky eater. I'm perfectly happy with plastic cheese ( a term I may have picked up from another Diser...).
I'm actually rather picky myself - no seafood or strange meats, hardly any vegetables - which is why we hadn't done Tiffins previously. But I knew I'd be ok with this one dish and now I've seen another I want to try, plus I knew I'd enjoy the cheese plate app. If there's even one entree you'd eat or just like, 2 apps, I think you'll be fine :)

I'm curious of what we'll think with ROL, the floats look very pretty in the pictures...
I'm curious, too! I hate to sound down about it, it's just not what I was expecting and not my favorite nighttime show. But that doesn't mean it's bad................

I'm doing the Tiffins RoL pkg this week, so I feel like this post was just for me 8-)
:D I don't know if you've done it yet or not, but I hope you enjoy/enjoyed it as much as we did!

How did you ask for them to cook your steak to get it to this point? I always ask for medium, but this does look more rare than I'd like...BUT if it was so good, I won't worry about it too much.
Funny you ask. I always eat my meat medium, so when we ordered this Mark said, "it comes out rare, is that ok?" Steve said yes and I was like, "um......" and I asked him if it would still taste ok if it was more towards medium. I didn't know if maybe that particular cut was best when rare. He said it would still be fine and he'd tell them to cook it a bit more. So technically that's not even how they normally serve it I guess; more like their version of medium! I few bites were still more rare than I could handle but I'd say 9/10 of it were :cloud9:

So we decided recently that we don't really want to do TH for the package and are thinking of doing Tiffins instead! That is definitely what Josh would order, and then I would try some of it :thumbsup2 I have my eye on the pasta dish I saw in @kastoney 's DTR.
I have never seen that pasta dish until Kari's review! I don't know if it's regularly on the menu or if it was a special, I need to look at the menu again, but if it's always there it'll be what I order next time!

Great review on Tiffins. We had reservations there but I canceled them for an Ohana that popped up.
'Ohana is hard to pass up :goodvibes It's been a couple years since we've eaten there but I actually was just thinking to ask the boys if they'd like to eat there again in August.

I have never seen that pasta dish until Kari's review! I don't know if it's regularly on the menu or if it was a special, I need to look at the menu again, but if it's always there it'll be what I order next time!

I hadn't either but it's on the menu they have on the Disney website so I think it's a regular item for now!

Funny you ask. I always eat my meat medium, so when we ordered this Mark said, "it comes out rare, is that ok?" Steve said yes and I was like, "um......" and I asked him if it would still taste ok if it was more towards medium. I didn't know if maybe that particular cut was best when rare. He said it would still be fine and he'd tell them to cook it a bit more. So technically that's not even how they normally serve it I guess; more like their version of medium! I few bites were still more rare than I could handle but I'd say 9/10 of it were :cloud9:

Hmm...this makes me a little nervous. I might need to go check out this pasta I'm now hearing about...

Thank you for answering!! That's on my agenda for tomorrow night!!

Homecomin' dinner
So Jealous!!!! YEAH! Don't change that one!

Plaza lunch, which I'm thinking more and more we won't do
I feel like the Plaza is such an easy one to skip or overlook.

Both of those look fantastic!

I know the meat probably looks a little rare for some of you and truthfully, I normally like it less red than this, but this was like buttah.
The redder the better for me! But they do say that really good cuts of meat should be eaten redder than fully cooked. Glad you liked it!

I asked what it was. Chocolate cake! Duh! They bake the cake, crumble it and stick it on there!
So I ate it.
It was chocolate cake :thumbsup2
Too funny!

I'm an Expert Trekker, who knew?
I love this feature with the new magic band technology! I think it is so cool.

Not to bring up a sore subject there but I think JB: Alive with Magic had more of a story line to it :duck:
Man, that is NOT a stellar review... I feel like we might like it just because my expectations aren't that high for the show at this point.

Also, if we strained our necks we could see the EWP stop down by the dock but it didn't come all the way down to GP
I wonder why it doesn't come all the way down? I thought you could see if from Fort Wilderness, too.

The fried greem tomato sandwich is exactly why I want to go there lol! The main reason I'm thinking of not going there is because Steve and I both loved LTT lunch SO much, I just can't make up my mind if I want to go back there instead. And I plan to get the fried green tomato app at Homecomin' so I'll still get to have some of those........tough decisions when it comes to Disney!

OMG!!!! I am so ordering the fried green tom app at Homecomin'too!!! I think we are soul sisters...LOL!!!

I would like to go back to LLT for lunch one of our trips as well. The pot roast and ooey gooey toffee cake are yummy!
I am so glad they brought back the a la carte menu! I'm not a fan of most of the MK TS options so now this one can stay on our list.

We have decided on a Thanksgiving trip, we will be there 11/21-11/27. We are staying at POFQ.
Awesome! I'm jealous actually since we can't go this year for Thanksgiving. It's such a great way to get in to the holiday spirit!

I was expecting the moscato colado to be something way more exciting. But the lemonade sounds great. We're planning a dinner at Whispering Canyon this next trip. I might need to stop by to grab one.
Oh, you should most definitely try to make time to at least go out to GP, especially if it's after dark, even if you don't have a drink. It's pretty spectacular as weird as that sounds!

I really enjoyed your review of Tiffins except the Octopus :eek:
Right? No seafood for me! I made such a face when they brought it out to him lol, but so many people seem to like it. To each their own :)

Looks like we are mind melding on Tiffins this weekend :-)
We are sistah's from another mistah :P

I'm suddenly having ordering envy and wishing I had tried this. That looks and sounds amazing and perfectly red in my estimation :-)
That's how I felt when I saw your picture and review of your pasta dish. Which is exactly what I'm ordering next time we go. I know you like your meat crawling across your plate and like I explained to Samantha @xlsm, they normally serve it rare and I requested mine be cooked a bit more. So if you get it it'll be redder than this!

It most definitely does look like lint. Glad you asked before sticking a potential dryer in you mouth
Normally I stick without thinking :rolleyes1 but thought better this time.

Apparently we are both EE famous, as I am a friendly and experienced tour guide there. Too strange both of our names aren't very common, yet they are both on EE.
Just something else we have in common :rotfl2: I guess we need to go start heading up mountain climbing tours in Asia together!

I'm on the fence about doing this at all. Given that Case hated the JB show I'm thinking this is going to bore her big time.
My gut tells me Casey will not be impressed, although the floats are pretty and the lights are, too. But no storyline and no characters which I remember her missing and asking about at JB lol. But I supposed if you never see it you'll keep wondering what it's like??

WL was already my favorite resort, but with the addition of Geyser Point and being able to get some adult beverages late at night I think I love it even more :-)
You have GOT to stay there again soon, like on the trip you book when you return from your Nov. trip ::yes:: As sure as I know Casey won't be thrilled with RoL I know without a doubt you will LOVE GP, the view, drinks, food menu, and all changes made since your last stay there :goodvibes

You're getting so close to your next trip! So excited for you! :goodvibes PS - I'm binge-reading your "Compromise" TR and loving every minute! :thumbsup2
Aw, so glad you're reading through that monstrosity and enjoying it! Yup, I think we're down to 16 days?? I've been so busy I lose track lol!!

We'd get along very, very well. This is my go-to move for desserts... or just eating in general :laughing:
That just means at some point we'll have to meet up in Disney for dessert, and of course the requisite :drinking1 Really though sometimes there is a dessert on a menu that doesn't have chocolate or PB, I want to try it, but I'm afraid I'll be craving one of the other 2 afterwards so I forgo it for what I know will satisfy me. Sad and strange that so much thought goes into my desserts, right??
I have a night planned in August for ROL but I don't know that I necessarily want to traipse all the way to AK that night in order to do it, as I have plans elsewhere during the day. I'm undecided at this point as the reviews haven't necessarily wow-ed me but I'm always anxious to see "new" things at Disney so we'll see!
That's really the main reason we saw it, because I love to see anything new whether I'm excited about it or not. So now I can say I've seen it; if we didn't, I'd just keep wondering about it.....

I started reading this yesterday but I swear my iPad (and iPhone) don't cooperate with the Dis boards anymore. I can read everything just fine, for the most part, but quoting and replying rarely work out
Strange, my Ipad is doing the same thing :sad2: I can read fine but as soon as I go to post it gives me trouble. Very annoying.

Wahoo! We are at 34. Tomorrow I get to say that I am going to Disney next month!
Now you must be at 30 if not less!! I told you, your trip is coming fast (at least for me lol!)!

Okay, so I love pomegranate and I love focaccia...I'm just not sure I would like them together. Hmmm....
Think of it as the avocado margarita in a way: sounds weird but tastes better than it sounds. I bet ya you'd like it!

Chad and I got a rare night to ourselves last night as Will spent his second night ever with my folks - AJ does this once a week), so we had a Longhorn gift card and we just got it to go because it was easier. We were both sooo disappointed in the steaks. I got a filet and while it was tender, it was so dry and flavorless. I really was looking forward to a good steak. Maybe once I get to Disney....
Ugh, so disappointing when you FINALLY have a kid-free night and it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped! At least you still had a date night :goodvibes We don't have a Longhorn right here but there's one about an hour away and a few people I know who live out that way like it. On the upside, the only not-real-good steak any of us has ever had in Disney was the kids steak at BOG. All the rest, really good to fantastic!

Everything but the coconut sounds good. Nope, not a coconut fan.
I remember this about you lol

Yum on everything but the bananas. Nope, not a banana fan either.
And this too!

We have all had to wait so long for it. I'm sure it will be fine but it very well may be a one and done for us. But I definitely want to see it once. I've heard that it will be replaced by 2020 for the 50th.
I hadn't heard about it being replaced as soon as 2020 but I supposed I can see that. Speaking of 2020, and I can't believe I'm writing this, but I will most definitely be going for the 50th anniversary since..............it'll be MY 50th :blush:

I'm really looking forward to the Cascadia Sangria but is that only from the QS window?
Hmm, I think they'd make it at the bar?? Because a picture of it on some type of menu does hang on the bar. It just wasn't on the actual paper bar menu we looked at that night. So my guess is that more than likely you can get it right from the bar, too.

Nice! I'm not a huge Black Cherry fan, but I am a fan of flavored lemonade drinks, so I will add it to the list to try!
It didn't have a strong Black Cherry flavor, more like a.....pink lemonade flavor? But try that Cascadia Sangria first, so you can report to me this time :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Oh man, with you and @kastoney both reviewing Tiffins on the same day I am seriously wishing we were going in September! But between that and Tusker House and it just being me and Sean, TH seems to be the obvious choice for us.
I feel you :sad1: We aren't getting back there this month and when we go in Aug., Tusker House is just a better idea with the boys. Ah well, what we do for them.....

Your evening at WL sounds like it was lovely! :)
It truly was, and while I'm extremely excited to finally going back to AKL this month and in August, I'm sad neither trip involves WL.

Yum! I am so torn on what to order at Tiffin's this Saturday...we're not doing the RoL package so I may just have to get more than one appetizer.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do end up ordering!!

SAME THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!
It's disappointing, right? Such high hopes.......at this point I don't even know what I WAS expecting. Just to say "WOW" at least 5 times I guess.

AHH I want to do this! Do you know if there is a schedule or do you just have to be in the right place at the right time?
Sadly I don't, I'm sorry! I didn't think to ask, but you probably could. We saw it again later in our trip but it was closer to 9:45ish and already full so my only uneducated guess is morning vs. afternoon. But that's every uneducated and could be 99% wrong :guilty: I think your best bet is asking someone maybe in GS there on Main St?

I normally don't get my beef rare, but wow that looks amazing. You can tell how tender it is.
I get it medium and normally shy far away from rare meat, so when our server told us it's served rare I requested it be cooked a bit more. I think they still stayed on the rarer side because technically it would taste better. Whatever their reasoning for normally serving it rare, mine tasted fantastic!

I'm with ya on the moscato colada. It looked so pretty, but I was kind of disappointed. After about half I had had enough.
Yup. When my friend Renee @ArielSRL clued me in on the existence of this drink, I got excited. I love Moscato and I thought that's what this was all about! It's very pretty but not something I'll be ordering again.

We need to find our way to Nomads Lounge. There is a drink that I want to try.
I'm so glad we stopped in there and it won't be our last time! It can be a nice short break during the day, doesn't even have to take much time away from park touring if you just go in there and don't do a Tiffins meal. Most definitely worth it.

I'm surprised that the EWP didn't go all the way down to Geyser Point. We are going to try and get over to Geyser Point in May, if we can work it into our schedule.
I hope you do! And I was also surprised. Actually I hadn't much thought about it but while we were sitting there, a family came down and the mom kept telling the kids the EWP would be by soon. The youngest child was not having it so after about 20 minutes they left and another family with older kids came and was saying the same thing, that the water parade should be coming by. Eventually we started seeing it lit up down by the dock which was behind us, or over to our left, but it never came by us. Not sure where it went from there since it went dark lol but it makes more sense to go by GP now that people will be out there every, or at least most, nights.

OK, so I'm late to the party, but any report that starts off with a bra has to be good! :rotfl:
I figured that would grab me some readers ;)

I only went to LTT once, in 2010 and i think it was just the family style dinner.
That's still how the dinner is, your only option is family style. That's why we opted for lunch because we have no interest in the all you can eat.

That looks awesome, and right up my alley, being a very meat and potatoes guy. If the keep the a la carte menu, I might have to try it sometime. Plus it would give me a chance to get the legendary ooey gooey toffee cake.
My guess is that the keep the a la carte menu since so many were upset when they took it away! Not going to lie, dessert was the main reason I wanted to go :rolleyes1 The rest of the meal being awesome was just a big bonus! But I do recommend trying it for lunch next time you get down there :)

Thank you for answering!! That's on my agenda for tomorrow night!!
Have a great time! And why are you spending time on the Dis while on your vacation :upsidedow

The redder the better for me! But they do say that really good cuts of meat should be eaten redder than fully cooked.
I'll bet that's why they normally serve this rare, makes perfect sense.

I love this feature with the new magic band technology! I think it is so cool.
So do I! I'm still waiting for our names to appear on IASW and HM!

I wonder why it doesn't come all the way down? I thought you could see if from Fort Wilderness, too.
I believe you can, which is another reason it's weird it didn't come all the way down to GP. Normally I'm directionally challenged but I'm also pretty sure it should go directly by WL to get to FW?? So it would make sense to go by GP. Who knows. It could've even been a freak night that caused it not to go by when we were there, I should probably pose the question on the WL resort thread so I can stop wondering about it.
OMG!!!! I am so ordering the fried green tom app at Homecomin'too!!! I think we are soul sisters...LOL!!!
:lovestruc

I believe you can, which is another reason it's weird it didn't come all the way down to GP. Normally I'm directionally challenged but I'm also pretty sure it should go directly by WL to get to FW?? So it would make sense to go by GP. Who knows. It could've even been a freak night that caused it not to go by when we were there, I should probably pose the question on the WL resort thread so I can stop wondering about it.
Now that I think about it. The first time we stayed at Wilderness Lodge we were in the wing closer to the original DVC and ALLLLLLLLL the way at the end of the hallway. We actually had a view out to the water. It was a fantastic view but so far away from the Quick Service with a stroller. But that's besides the point. I remember EWP being SUPER loud each night going by! Maybe it was just a freak night....

Now you must be at 30 if not less!! I told you, your trip is coming fast (at least for me lol!)!
31 today...1 month! So you were a little off but I think it seems like it should be less because the days are dragging by. Probably doesn't help that it is the end of the school year, too...because these days are so friggin' long.....ugh.

I hadn't heard about it being replaced as soon as 2020 but I supposed I can see that. Speaking of 2020, and I can't believe I'm writing this, but I will most definitely be going for the 50th anniversary since..............it'll be MY 50th :blush:
Yay! That will be so fun!

Hmm, I think they'd make it at the bar?? Because a picture of it on some type of menu does hang on the bar. It just wasn't on the actual paper bar menu we looked at that night. So my guess is that more than likely you can get it right from the bar, too.
I will definitely be finding out...you can bet on it!

It didn't have a strong Black Cherry flavor, more like a.....pink lemonade flavor? But try that Cascadia Sangria first, so you can report to me this time :thumbsup2
Yes ma'am! :) It's a dirty job but someone has to do it......

Yup. When my friend Renee @ArielSRL clued me in on the existence of this drink, I got excited. I love Moscato and I thought that's what this was all about! It's very pretty but not something I'll be ordering again.
Yes, and I am so sorry it wasn't that great...but so happy you found that out for me...HAHAHAHA! :rotfl2:

Now that I think about it. The first time we stayed at Wilderness Lodge we were in the wing closer to the original DVC and ALLLLLLLLL the way at the end of the hallway. We actually had a view out to the water. It was a fantastic view but so far away from the Quick Service with a stroller. But that's besides the point. I remember EWP being SUPER loud each night going by! Maybe it was just a freak night....
I guess I didn't really process what she wrote because I remembering reading that part but it didn't register what it meant. Yeh, that had to have been an off night. Right??

It does make more sense that it would go by, because why wouldn't it?? First I thought they just waited a few minutes before lighting it up again, kept it sitting there out on the water creepily dark. But we were there another 30 minutes or so after it went dark and it never came back on. Maybe they had technical problems? IDK, but between you and @ArielSRL hopefully I'll be able to find out for sure if it goes by GP because now I'm all curious :)

So I'm in love with Steve's drink and will definitely need to sample it in August!

Look at all the yummy things on this plate! The schmear was raspberry, my favorite of the berries :D Then hiding behind the cocoa nib you have a sweet creamy semi-whipped cream atop a dark chocolaty cake-y candy bar dessert. I let Steve have the bananas because between the jelly raspberry thingy's with my cheese plate, the schmear here and the spoonfuls of dragon FRUIT and passion FRUIT sorbets, I was at my limit of fruit for the day lol.

Your dessert takes the prize even though I love coconut and the sorbet looks gorgeous. But put chocolate and raspberry together in anything and I HAVE to have it!

I don't think I am brave enough for some of the Tiffins mains as I am not a big meat eater and can be a little squeamish around some fish. I'll have to take another look at options!

Breakfast at The Wave.......of American Flavors..........and Mimosas

OMG guys, I have been trying to do this update since Sunday! Stupid photobucket would NOT cooperate with me. It was like, "sure, you can download some pictures. PSYCH!" I was hoping to get our March trip finished before we leave next Thursday for our May trip but don't think that's happening.....

BTW as anyone seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I hadn't seen the first one but took Chris and his friend to see the new one on Sat. LOVED IT! It was so different from what I expected, especially the fact that it's hysterical. Love the humor. I came home and immediately watched the first one! Now I'm kind of looking forward to the new M&G at HS, hoping it sticks around until our Aug. trip with the boys.

Back to dining, it was our third day and the day before we went home. After booking and cancelling a few times on previous trips we were finally going to eat breakfast at the Wave. I HAD to, because in the months leading up to this trip I read like 5 or 6 dining reports raving about their breakfast and I do love me some breakfast. Steve not as much: I'm ready to eat the minute I wake up while Steve waits a few hours, if he eats breakfast at all.
To work with him and get him on board for a sit down breakfast, I booked this for 10:30 and we began our day doing RD at HS, of which for some strange reason I have no pics. We didn't eat there anyway, just rode ToT 3x and walked through some shops. It felt weird not spending more time there but knowing we'd be back soon (9 days from today guys!) made it OK.
We bused from HS to the Contemporary and checked in:

As we were seated, the hostess handed us this:

Which is adorable and I love it and I have it in my "Disney" box, but um, this was our first time eating here :ssst: I believe I know where the confusion lies, though. Back in 2015 we were booked here for Thanksgiving brunch. As a few of you know, I spent the wee hours of that morning like this :crazy2::crazy2: and ended up spending the day in bed with a horrendous stomach virus, except for a quick venture out to Beaches and Cream and an attempt to eat a little something which failed. Steve technically did not cancel our Wave ADR because he's a man, I could barely speak or move a finger let alone make a phone call, yet we were never charged the no show fee. So I guess they have us as being there before. Who knows, maybe some family of 4 was hanging around hoping to get in, found out we didn't show up and pretended to be us for the day :P Whatever the reasoning it was nice to feel welcome.

The Wave has both a breakfast buffet and an a la carte menu but we both went with the buffet. Steve got his coffee but I had something else in mind; something I'd recently learned about here on the Dis on some dining reports:

Yes boys and girls, the Wave has bottomless Mimosas!!! Whoo, and the heavens opened up!!! This one was much better than the one I had at LTT becase it was minus any pulp.
After placing our order we went right up to fill our plates. I took these pictures towards the end of our meal because breakfast was almost over and nobody was in my way:

And here's my first plate which is pretty self-explanatory:

Bacon, hash brown casserole, a cute Mickey waffle (high smiley!), DISNEY cheese danish and scrambled eggs

Plus a little on the side: a Banana Caramel Greek Yogurt Parfait:

Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly! Crunchy bacon, eggs not runny, etc. The hash browns were so tasty and while this wasn't the full-sized danish it did the trick. And the yogurt parfait? I never eat yogurt because it's healthy and really doesn't get along with the other foods I consume. But when I read what was in this I had to try it, because besides the caramel, banana and granola it had white chocolate chips!! My mouth was dancing!!
I may have had two.
Here's Steve's pathetic first plate:

Sausage, scrambled eggs, the hash brown casserole:

He liked it all too, and that's all you're getting from him.
Our server brought us this tray of spreads to put on our waffles and/or pancakes, but of course I can't remember what they were. I know the one to the left was a type of nut butter and it was really good because I smeared it on Mickey's face :P The one to the right is plain butter and in the middle is some type of jelly:

Our server also must have been filling up my glass every time he walked by, because whenever I came back from the buffet, bathroom, taking pictures, getting salt, whatever, my mimosa was magically filled to the brim..................
We both made a 2nd trip to the buffet and this time, Steve got waffles, more sausage, and tried the sweet-potato pancake:

The pancakes were what I thought might make this a stand-out breakfast for him as he loves sweet potatoes but he just thought these were ok. He tried the nutty butter on them and liked that a bit better.
My next plate: Cheesy grits, Mickey, and another glorious yogurt parfait:

It's like dessert at breakfast! Now I know some of YA'LL will razz me for this but I did NOT like the grits at all. I'm just not a grits person. I'm from the north. I had never even seen grits until my mom moved to Ga. in the early 90's and my tastebuds had already developed, so don't "tsk, tsk" me!! No on the grits.
I seriously wanted to eat more but I was too full; I'm sure the 4 or 5 Mimosas had something to do with that. Instead we paid our bill and browsed the shops of the Contemporary. I may have been a little loud, which is what usually happens after I have some adult beverages :P Doesn't normally happen before noon but, well, sometimes................
We were stopping back at the WL briefly so the boat was our best mode of transport; this worked out well because we'd never walked the grounds of the Contemporary so we did:

And I'd never seen this in person, and now I have!

Minus the grits I enjoyed everything about the Wave buffet and am glad we finally did it. I'd do it again, especially for the Mimosas and yogurt parfaits!

UP NEXT: WE DISOBEY THE RULES AND VISIT F&G AGAIN

So I'm in love with Steve's drink and will definitely need to sample it in August!
Yes! I actually saw it on another menu and now can't remember where :headache: I want it again so bad! Might try fitting a visit to WL in on our Aug. trip especially since the boys have never seen my favorite resort.

But put chocolate and raspberry together in anything and I HAVE to have it!
Yes again! I wasn't big on chocolate and raspberry but we often had desserts of that nature because my dad loved the combination. After he passed away, my sister and I started a tradition of eating his favorite foods on his bday and the anniversary of his death and that was something I picked once, and so for the past almost 20 years it's become one of my fave combinations :love:

I don't think I am brave enough for some of the Tiffins mains as I am not a big meat eater and can be a little squeamish around some fish. I'll have to take another look at options!
I felt the same when it first opened and I was disappointed, because I really wanted to go there. Eventually reading reviews the Wagyu grew on me lol. But I will say that sometimes when people are eating certain types of seafood dishes around me the smell makes me feel :crazy2: What about the apps, could you make a meal with a couple of those?
Also look at the menu for Nomad Lounge, maybe just a couple drinks and an app or two there will work. The lounge is themed great, too!

Yay, glad you loved Tiffins - so looking forward to dinner here in a few weeks (with the package). The food looks fab although their lobster popcorn soup is where its at ;) The chocolate dessert is what i'm anticipating mmmm. Glad you didn't have to get seated too early for the show and still ended up with good seats - i haven't read too many reviews just because I want to see the show for myself and make my own decisions on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter