It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

I Need A Snooze Before I Moves
I am so anxious to get reporting on our eats from the trip we returned from Monday night! We've now logged our 5th adults only trip in the books and as usual, we seriously enjoyed ourselves. We previewed Pandora, did our 3rd tour, met Disers and ate GREAT! So I'm going to try finishing up March as quick as possible before my May memory fails me.

After our Wave breakfast and checking out the Contemporary grounds, we decided to take the boat back to WL real quick. I had on denim capris and as it was past noon I was HOT, hotter than I thought I would be, and no way would I make it all day like that. Once I got to the room I decided I needed a nap. Yup. One too many bottomless Mimosa's, maybe??? Steve was less than thrilled so that didn't last long and by 1:30 I was changed and we were on our way to MK for some FP's. I wanted to include this picture because similar to our horse and buggy ride up Main St. two days prior, this was another "first" for us:

Actually stopping and listening to the Main St. Phiharmonic! We stood there until it got too hot, then moved on for our FP's. As soon as they were done we went back to WL AGAIN (I know, bad use of time for Disney vets) to get the phone charger. It was at this point that we began debating our dinner plans. We had an ADR for Citricos, which is Steve's favorite signature and one I enjoy also. However we wanted to spend more time in Epcot and were still feeling not completely hungry, so we made the rebel choice to skip our fancy dinner. AND, we didn't call and cancel, because Steve was going to do it when we got back to the lodge but then my stepson called and we both forgot.
AND......as has happened on previous occasions when we've skipped a reservation and not cancelled, we were never charged for it.
I'm not saying do this because I honestly have no idea why we are never charged, just sayin'.
THEN went to Epcot for some more F&G, around 4:45:

Surprised? I think this was his 3rd or 4th shrimp of the trip and, spoiler, it's not the last one he's had. Steve may or may not have made a beeline to this booth last Thursday :rolleyes1
I on the other hand opted to forego the booths and see an old friend:

Ah, my beautiful School Bread. If you've never had this you are depriving yourself, unless like @ArielSRL you hate coconut (she's weird lol). The cardamom cream inside is heavenly and I love the mix of toasted and untoasted coconut on top. Just what I needed after having no sweets at our Wave breakfast, certainly not 2 yogurt parfaits with caramel and white chocolate chips in them.......
Since we were in Norway and hadn't found the egg yet that's what we did next. As with many others, the Norway egg was inside:

Next up for Steve was the one thing we actually tried at the booths the last time we were at F&G in 2015, from the booth in China:

I was full from my school bread but loved these 2 years ago and Steve loved them again. The sauce is a spicy mustardy sauce which adds heat, but if you don't want it you can tell them so.
What else do you do in China? Look for eggs!

This guy was in the gardens around the water and was a little hard to find. Yeah, I know he's bright yellow; are you judging???

Something not quite bright yellow but a little more on the orange side followed our trip to China:

That's the Schofferhoffer pink grapefruit beer from Germany; quenched my thirst perfectly.
Since we'd come over to America to use the facilities-hence me chillin' on the wall by the American pavilion-and it was almost concert time, we figured we'd catch Night Ranger again. Steve grabbed some type of beer from the stand right in front of the American Gardens theater and we sat down:

Night Ranger was awesome two nights prior and even better this time!
This had been the 6:30 concert. All I'd had since the Wave was the school bread and we had plans for some dinner which meant exiting Epcot, but on the way out I grabbed my own Spring Rolls from China. I didn't take another picture but if you scroll up a bit, you can see what they looked like ;)
This is out of order but since this update lacks topiary pictures, here's one from China:

We made our way out of Epcot and back to Wilderness Lodge, getting there close to 9 due to a really long bus wait. Now we were ready for dinner! We had a choice between Geyser Point, which we had yet to eat at, and Territory Lounge, where we'd eaten last August. Although it was a beautiful night and I did kind of want to try the food at GP, I also really wanted to have something on the Territory Lounge menu that I'd gotten last time, so that's where we headed.
And started with drinks:

Sangria for me, look at that fruit!

And Grey Goose on the rocks for Steve:

I love eating the olives out of his vodka after they've soaked it up for awhile :D

So here's the deal with what we ordered. Last summer I was a true rebel, and more than just blatantly not cancelling an ADR I ate mushroom dishes, which I hate, TWICE. One of those was the mushroom soup from Artist Point that they serve in Territory Lounge, and that's what I was jonesing for on this night. I didn't even plan on looking at the menu when our server handed it to us, until he told us we could order anything on the menu that didn't come from the AP kitchen because they were closed.

:mad:
No soup for me! But here's where I made a huge mistake. Because I knew the soup came from the restaurant I didn't even tell our server I wanted it. Instead, we ordered the House Bread with Lardo Butter and Sea Salt, and I don't know why. He then informed us that also comes from Artist Point so we said forget it and just ordered our entree which we'd be sharing.
But then, 3 minutes later he came over with the bread:

And told us he went back and checked and the kitchen was willing to give us some. How nice! Wonder if the kitchen would have been willing to give us some soup he I'd spoken up and mentioned that's what I really wanted??
Now I'm not one to turn down bread so we both dug in, even though our entree had some bread to it also. This was really good and in the end neither of us regretted getting it. The butter as you see had sea salt on it which I LOVE and the bread was soft, warm, fluffy whole grain.
We also ordered the same thing we'd shared last time, which luckily did not come from AP.

The Gourmet Burger: with Land Lettuce, Tomato, House Pickles, Truffle Fries and Aioli:

Some close-ups:

I do have a picture of the inside of the burger after we cut it and I'd taken a couple bites, but it's not the prettiest, so I'll keep that to myself.
The first time we had this it blew our socks off; the second time, it confirmed for us that it has to be the best burger on property! So juicy :cloud9::cloud9: Sorry!
And forget those truffle fries, they are definitely the best on property.
I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't get my soup, and while the bread was absolutely delicious it didn't fill the soup void. The burger was perfection, though. We would most definitely eat at Territory Lounge again (early enough for the soup though!) but on our next stay at WL I want to eat at Geyser Point for sure.
After another quick walk down to GP we went to our room and I started packing up. Tomorrow was our last day, and while we had a late flight I still wanted to get as much Disney time out of it as we could!

UP NEXT:
A SWEET STOP IN MK AND ONE MORE F&G VISIT

AND......as has happened on previous occasions when we've skipped a reservation and not cancelled, we were never charged for it.
I'm not saying do this because I honestly have no idea why we are never charged, just sayin'.

I've forgotten to call and called and spoken to people to cancel, and still been charged both times :sad2: I think you're just lucky :rotfl:

The first time we had this it blew our socks off; the second time, it confirmed for us that it has to be the best burger on property! So juicy :cloud9::cloud9: Sorry!

I loved this burger!

Hey Hey, we're back!! Got home around 9:30 last night from another great trip, so thank you all for the well wishes!! I hope to finish up my posts from our March trip asap so I can move on to this trip, especially since we ate some great food and had no less than THREE dismeets!!!
Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out. Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about. Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!!!!!!

After our Wave breakfast and checking out the Contemporary grounds, we decided to take the boat back to WL real quick. I had on denim capris and as it was past noon I was HOT, hotter than I thought I would be, and no way would I make it all day like that. Once I got to the room I decided I needed a nap. Yup. One too many bottomless Mimosa's, maybe???
Hot??? Nap??? Of course that had nothing to do with the mimosas!

Actually stopping and listening to the Main St. Phiharmonic! We stood there until it got too hot, then moved on for our FP's. As soon as they were done we went back to WL AGAIN (I know, bad use of time for Disney vets) to get the phone charger.
I had to do a double take on reading this as I thought you said you saw the philharmonic peeps and then left right away. Missed that whole fast pass part and thought the mimmoas were still enacting their alcohol revenge :-)

How are you not charged and I've missed a single ADR and was not only charged, but charged more than we should have been o_O

Surprised? I think this was his 3rd or 4th shrimp of the trip and, spoiler, it's not the last one he's had. Steve may or may not have made a beeline to this booth last Thursday :rolleyes1
Wow, that man loves shrimp. Maybe you should just have the booth open up in your backyard :P

Ah, my beautiful School Bread. If you've never had this you are depriving yourself, unless like @ArielSRL you hate coconut (she's weird lol). The cardamom cream inside is heavenly and I love the mix of toasted and untoasted coconut on top. Just what I needed after having no sweets at our Wave breakfast, certainly not 2 yogurt parfaits with caramel and white chocolate chips in them.......
I had absolutely no idea this had cardamom cream in it, I just thought it was plain old custard filing. Related story I'm obsessed with the BBC British Bake off on Netflix and the other day someone made skolbred (crazy Uk and their spellings). It looked so good, but had nothing on the Norway Pavilion.

That's the Schofferhoffer pink grapefruit beer from Germany; quenched my thirst perfectly.
Did you need to nap again :P Sorry, can't help myself

Night Ranger was awesome two nights prior and even better this time!
What's your price for flight? And finding Mr. Right? You and Schofferhoffer will be all right tonight :D

Last summer I was a true rebel, and more than just blatantly not cancelling an ADR I ate mushroom dishes, which I hate, TWICE. One of those was the mushroom soup from Artist Point that they serve in Territory Lounge, and that's what I was jonesing for on this night. I didn't even plan on looking at the menu when our server handed it to us, until he told us we could order anything on the menu that didn't come from the AP kitchen because they were closed.
This is your penance for abdicating the mushroom haters club and joining the mushroom dark side :P

Gonna have to try both of those. Why, oh why, are we not staying at WL on our next trip???? Oh yeah, cause I'm cheap and wanna get my Johnny Depp on :-)

I've forgotten to call and called and spoken to people to cancel, and still been charged both times :sad2: I think you're just lucky :rotfl:
It seems like a 50/50 chance that you'll get charged from what I hear; next time give them a sob story and maybe they'll let you off lol!

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out. Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about. Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!!!!!!
You know I didn't just read this, I SANG it, baby!

I had to do a double take on reading this as I thought you said you saw the philharmonic peeps and then left right away. Missed that whole fast pass part and thought the mimmoas were still enacting their alcohol revenge :-)
Are you drinking Mimosas? Because that sounds something like your Disney drunk notes..............

How are you not charged and I've missed a single ADR and was not only charged, but charged more than we should have been o_O
Hmmm :scratchin They like me better?

Wow, that man loves shrimp. Maybe you should just have the booth open up in your backyard :P
We have an architect working up plans as I type! I'm even going to make myself a CM nametag to really get into the role playing aspect of it for him ;)

What's your price for flight? And finding Mr. Right? You and Schofferhoffer will be all right tonight :D
Now I want to get "motorin'" back down to Epcot!!

Why, oh why, are we not staying at WL on our next trip????
Because you're going to stay there on your next next trip. The one you'll book when you get back in Nov. :thumbsup2 Seriously though you do need to get back there!

and wanna get my Johnny Depp on :-)
I lol'd when I read this because what I want to do is rearrange some of those words to make a whole new sentence, regarding myself, Johnny, and the words "get" and "on" :rolleyes1 I've wanted to marry him since the first Nightmare on Elm Street :love: But if I adjust your sentence to fit my Johnny Depp wants, I will most certainly get multiple infractions here on the Dis.

It's 7:00 and now I want a burger... yum! Sorry you didn't get your heaven in a bowl but the truffle fries are a nice consolation prize.

Interesting that you've never been charged for missing an ADR - once I was charged for missing an ADR at the Hollywood Brown Derby and we actually ate there! Disney refunded it and the cm said something like "oh that's weird I see your charge from HBD right here, I guess you ate there" um duh.

Sorry I've been a little awol from the boards - been really busy and I'm just getting ready for a teeny tiny trip to Aulani and Disneyland TOMORROW! Don't worry, I will post plenty of spoiler pics on Facebook. ;)

I love eating the olives out of his vodka after they've soaked it up for awhile :D
The only way I enjoy olives!

Your reports keep adding places on for me to eat.... This burger looks delish!
And you leave soon too, you must be getting psyched :banana:

I am! I hate that the F&G festival is over when I arrive, but if I had to choose between booths and restaurants i think both would win and I would have to rolled on to my plane home! :rolleyes::rotfl:

This is a beautiful picture of you :cutie:
Aw, thank you so much! I really appreciate that :goodvibes

OMG the fries look amazing!
They ARE! Normally I don't eat many fries that come with my meal, not that I don't like them but I prefer leaving room for whatever my main meal is. However here I NEED to eat all the fries!!!

Interesting that you've never been charged for missing an ADR - once I was charged for missing an ADR at the Hollywood Brown Derby and we actually ate there! Disney refunded it and the cm said something like "oh that's weird I see your charge from HBD right here, I guess you ate there" um duh.
Well, nobody said you need a Ph.D to be a CM :rotfl: But I do think it's just been our luck, and eventually that will run out. We must begin obeying all the Disney rules................

Sorry I've been a little awol from the boards - b
Really, I've been wondering where you've been. How dare you have more important stuff to do than sit and play at your computer!

I'm just getting ready for a teeny tiny trip to Aulani and Disneyland TOMORROW! Don't worry, I will post plenty of spoiler pics on Facebook. ;)
WHAT??? How did I not know this?? Have a fantastic time :cheer2: I'll be watching FB for your posts and can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Your reports keep adding places on for me to eat.... This burger looks delish!
That's exactly what happens when I read dining reports! And to be honest, we've eaten at quite a few places that I never would have thought of eating at if it weren't for reviews here :)

I am! I hate that the F&G festival is over when I arrive, but if I had to choose between booths and restaurants i think both would win and I would have to rolled on to my plane home! :rolleyes::rotfl:
I hear ya. At first I was a bit sad that we wouldn't be eating as many TS meals as we normally would if it weren't for the festival-eating is one of the highlights of our Disney trips! But some of those booths are so delicious, once we started trying them out I didn't mind cutting some meals at all.

Yes boys and girls, the Wave has bottomless Mimosas!!! Whoo, and the heavens opened up!!! This one was much better than the one I had at LTT becase it was minus any pulp.

My oh my! That is a dangerous and delicious way to start the morning! Love it!

Bacon, hash brown casserole, a cute Mickey waffle (high smiley!), DISNEY cheese danish and scrambled eggs

Everything looks so yummy! I am not a danish person at home but at Disney they are just too, too delicious!

And I'd never seen this in person, and now I have!

#1~This is a great pic of you! #2~Tell me about your purse.....it is so adorable!

School bread is fabulous! I tried it for the first time in 2015 and loved it.

There is never anything wrong with a Schofferhoffer! We can buy them locally (only canned though) and they are so refreshing. Will definitely be enjoying a few of those in August!

A Little More Eating Before We Say Good-Bye, Part 1
Tuesday morning we were up and out the door bright and early. Since it was our last day we wanted some more time at the F&G festival but I needed a MK fix before leaving. Once again we took the boat over because when you're at the WL, why wouldn't you??
You'll have to excuse me in this update, it'll be a little bit TR mixed in with the dining simply b/c I took a decent amount of pictures and I'd like to share them. Thanks!
We started with one of my faves:

After finishing our wild ride we took a spin with some friendly spirits in their mansion on the hill; and since hanging with dead people always whets the appetite we followed this up with some breakfast.

To Gaston's we went!
Have you tried the cinnamon rolls there? I have! Again and again and again!

The picture looks kind of sad but I wasn't sad. I was happy, very happy to be eating all this sugar in the morning. Steve doesn't love sugar as much as I do but he was hungry so he chose the chocolate croissant which he'd never had there before and he liked it better than the cinnamon roll.
You may notice from the picture that once again I forgot to ask for extra icing, doh! I mean there's enough on there already to make it delicious but there's no such thing as too much icing. One of these days I'll remember...........
We did a couple more things in MK but I wanted to be over to Epcot by at least 2 since we only had until about 5. We had walked by the river boat probably 3 or 4x this trip wanting to take a ride and it was always closed for Tiana's ice cream social, but we finally caught it open! Again, excuse all the non-food pictures. It had been awhile since we rode around the Mississippi so I took a few shots and I think it's really cute, so I'd like to share them:

See all the holes in the cabin? Some of you who are as young as I am may remember when this used to burn. You know, as in, "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the................" :D I can remember riding the boat with my grandmother and thinking the cabin on fire looked so incredibly cool! I thought it was still that way and was disappointed it's not; as soon as we got home I googled to find out what the deal was and learned this:

7 – The barn used to be on “fire”.

The “burning cabin scene” was created on the island as a really cool effect and a nod to the story. The effect made the cabin on the island appear as if it were on fire. In 2005 this had to be turned off and has never been turned back on. There was pipe corrosion that caused the issue. The cabin is still there, it just doesn’t “burn” anymore.

Thanks, google! I guess the last time I saw it burning was when Steve and I went in 2000.

Here's the fort:

I posted these out of order, this was closer to Harper's Mill as you can see the HM in the background:

Once we returned from our boating adventure we said good-bye to the MK for now and used, for the first time, the Express Bus service to get to Epcot quick. LOVED IT! Most of you probably know this already but in MK, the pick up is back behind Buzz Lightyear, and in Epcot it drops you off/picks you up over by SE. We were on the bus with 5 other people; the bus was supposed to leave at 1:00 I believe and it left at 1:00 on the dot.
I had been carrying around my egg map all morning and wanted to turn that in to get my really cool prize, so as soon as we got to the entrance of WS we went into the store there, World Traveler.
I hadn't actually found all the eggs: I was missing a couple stupid ones I was having trouble finding. But Steve found out you could cheat by going online and getting a picture of the completed map :rolleyes1 I didn't wanna do it guys, I didn't! But my patience was running out and I needed my prize:

See? Worth cheating, right? I even got to pick which character I wanted. I can't remember them all but I know there was Mickey, Daisy, Woody, and Stitch, plus about 6 or 7 others.
We then moved on to the Germany booth, Bauernmarkt: Farmer's Market. We'd had the potato pancake on our first day but I had my eye on something else, the Curryworst with Paprika Chips- Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips:

I know it doesn't look all that appetizing from the picture, especially the dinky little sausages which, let's face it, are never too exciting to see :D However this ended up being one of my favorite dishes from the festival. The sausage had good flavor but the two stars were the spicy curry ketchup and, as always, the paprika chips. My only complaint is that I didn't get another one! Not that this matters since the festival is over, but FYI for anyone planning to go next year, the curry ketchup is on the spicy side but definitely not SPICY. The paprika chips are the same ones you can get all the time in the Germany pavilion and come with the Bratwurst there.
Next was Steve's turn for food and since we had unfinished business in Italy, he chose to stop at Primavera Kitchen and get both the Antipasto Misto and the Meatball Parmigiana, with some Italian grass thrown on top for good measure:

Antipasto Misto: Cerignola Olives, Sweet Soppresatta and Salami, Ovolini, Mozzarella, Sweet Roasted Peppers, and Ciabatta Bread.
Meatball Parmigiana: Handmade Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana, and Fresh Basil.

I remember hearing lots of negativity about the Italy offerings at F&W the last couple years, but Steve loved both of these. Everything on the antipasto plate was delicious and he said the meatballs tasted great, freshly made, and the sauce also. He's very particular about his sauce so I was pretty surprised he liked this so much. I only tried a bit of meatball even though I love everything that came on the antipasto plate. I though the meatballs were fine, nothing special, sauce was really good.
As mentioned we had unfinished business here. If you remember, we had tried to catch the performer Sergio on our first day but *somebody*read the times guide wrong, and after we got over there and waited around for a bit, I realized he didn't perform on Saturdays. But he did perform on Tuesdays! Chris and I thought he was fun to watch in Nov. and I wanted Steve to see him:

Serg must have known I was a fan the first time because he got me in on the act:

Steve was less than impressed with Sergio's act but I still say he's fun to watch and I think kids will enjoy him, so listen to me and not Steve.

I wasn't done sampling the booths yet and there was one in particular I'd read lots about but hadn't tried, so we went over towards the good ol' U.S. of A to visit:

The Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash was not something that had ever appealed to me, but so many here love it that I had to see what all the fuss was about:
With White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapenos:

I'm ready for the hate, but..............neither of us liked this at all. We found the beef a tad tough-maybe it was supposed to be that way?? And while I normally like anything considered cheese this didn't do it for me. Again, it wasn't something I initially thought I would be crazy about but kind of hoped I would like since everyone else does and I like to be a follower.
We weren't giving up on the booth just yet, and what we tried next was an item that DID sound up my alley: the Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans:

The chocolate cake was nice and moist (that word makes me giggle like a schoolgirl even in my 40's) and chocolate-y. But I didn't much care for the salted caramel sauce. Not because of the bourbon flavor, I think I wanted it to be a little sweeter. So I mostly dug out the cake and ate that. Unfortunately of all the booths we stopped at, this was like, one of two we felt was a fail, the other being Northern Bloom which we had tried on our arrival day.

We still had some time left to spend in Epcot before going home! Part 2 coming up, in which I get to "SMEET" a most awesome friend! Plus I make a really dumb last food choice!

I am DEFINITELY trying this in July...NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!
Make sure you do! And let me know how you like it :thumbsup2

Everything looks so yummy! I am not a danish person at home but at Disney they are just too, too delicious!
I love danish but try not to eat it too often at home. At Disney though, anything goes! Especially since Disney food has no calories.............right??

#1~This is a great pic of you! #2~Tell me about your purse.....it is so adorable!
1. :thanks: 2. I bought it down there last year! And as of last week they still had it in tons of stores, I want to say it's only $30? $40 at the most but I think it was $30 when I bought it. The purse I had brought down with me broke and I needed one quick. Size-wise it's great! The strap does get a bit uncomfortable on long days so I'm actually looking to buy a Vera but can't find one in a design I like. I always bring my current Disney Dooney down with me on the plane but I use the satchel daily and it's too big to use in the parks, so I switch and leave the Dooney in the room. Sometimes I'll take it to the signatures if I remember to switch!

There is never anything wrong with a Schofferhoffer! We can buy them locally (only canned though) and they are so refreshing. Will definitely be enjoying a few of those in August!
We can buy it locally too, in a six-pack of bottles. So refreshing, especially in summer! I do think it's better on tap but I'll take what I can get!

Glad you had a nice trip
Thank you :goodvibes Of course I'm already ready to go back lol

I LOVE the mushroom soup from Artist Point. :lovestruc
Yes, I think the one disappointment of the trip! I need to go over the menu at AP again and see if the boys would like it; maybe we can eat there in August as that's one signature none of us have been to.

Have you tried the cinnamon rolls there? I have! Again and again and again!
YES!!!!!! :cloud9: These are amazing! And I never share mine :laughing:

I mean there's enough on there already to make it delicious but there's no such thing as too much icing.
No, there really isn't such a thing as too much...

See? Worth cheating, right?
How cute!!! Definitely worth it! :thumbsup2

Serg must have known I was a fan the first time because he got me in on the act:
How fun!!!

Love your reviews - and have to give you a compliment - you look so young. Whatever you're using on your face - keep doing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter