it' not officially summer until I get at least one mosquito bite

rubyslipperlover

<font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>w
I guess summer has arrived...would someone please pass the calamine lotion?

I go out of my way to avoid mosquitos (see my tag). I rarely go out at night. Mosquitos love me and the bites get as big as 1/2 dollars and they bruise.

Good luck with the itching!

if it's not summer till then, then it's been summer here for about a month already.

I spend the whole summer trying to keep my daughter from getting mosquito bites! She is allergic to them and every time she gets bit she ends up on antibiotics...which makes for a long summer of fighting her to take her medicine! She gets coated with bug spray, she wears citronella bracelets..I am getting a firepit to burn citronella logs in when she is outside.....

I've heard that if you add thiamin (vitamin B) to your diet, your skin developes a subtle aroma that can't be detected by humans but which mosquitos absolutely hate.

You know, I haven't had a mosquito bite in YEARS, which baffles me because we definitely breed them big here in the South.

When I was a teenager, I was a lifeguard, and at one time had over 90 bites on my legs and arms from working at night (my mother and i counted them!) Ever since then, they left me alone. I used to chalk it up to being a smoker, but I quit that four years ago, and they STILL don't bite me.

I like to think that the overexposure of my youth has immunized me to them. I sat outside all Saturday and Monday night, and not a single welt.

Weird, but I'm thankful. They LOVE DH. :goodvibes

Ok, the mosquitoes have been out here for a while now. Usually, I'm an all you can eat buffet for them, but this year, they aren't biting me.... :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter