It it true? Build your own lightsabers at DL now?

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
I was looking on, gasp, another board, and there was a thread that's been going for a week or two, complete with a CM posting, that there is a build your own* light saber set-up at the Star Wars theme gift shop.

Have I missed the posts about this here? How have I missed this?

Hubby will be thrilled, and so will DS...they think they are going to have to wait until whenever we visit WDW to do this...

Has anyone seen this in the last couple weeks?

*though I guess a CM actually makes it to your specifications

yes - i think you can.

i think that i remember seeing them in tomorrowland three weeks ago

in the store either near startours or space mountain. :)

I was looking on, gasp, another board, and there was a thread that's been going for a week or two, complete with a CM posting, that there is a build your own* light saber set-up at the Star Wars theme gift shop.

Have I missed the posts about this here? How have I missed this?

Hubby will be thrilled, and so will DS...they think they are going to have to wait until whenever we visit WDW to do this...

Has anyone seen this in the last couple weeks?

*though I guess a CM actually makes it to your specifications

I saw that same thread on that same board too, Molly, and I don't think it was ever posted on here...

I'll check it out for you this weekend! And I'll let you know how it works!! :goodvibes

YES....it is there, when you exit the ride.

In the shop straight ahead on the far wall.

Saw it on Monday and Tuesday. There was a line both days....it seemed quite popular.

Could somebody please explain what the build your own light saber is and how much it costs? My son is a huge Star Wars fan. Thanks.

I saw it when I was at DL a few weeks ago; was quite a line then too. I don't know how much it costs, but basically they have a variety of handles and a variety of "laser" colors along a wall in bins, and you can pick and choose to customize what you want. There's a CM there to help put them together but I saw some Dads working on them too. :) (The double sided Darth Maul light saber seemed to be the most popular.) Have fun!

This sounds excellent!! :cool1: My son is also a huge Star Wars fan!

Does anyone know the price? :confused3

Wow! DS(3) is a big Star Wars fan - he's going to love this:yay: . I'm sure big sis will want one too. Can't wait! Thanks for posting!

Just wondering if the light saber is collapsable(sp). Otherwise not sure what the airlines rule on light sabers on a plane might be.

THANK YOU for this thread! Ds10 did this in WDW (it was under $20 and he got a Jedi pin with it) and loved it. He has asked about it (DL in 8 days:banana: ) for this trip, but I told him I didn't think they had it. He will be so excited! He doesn't ask for much (unlike dd8:rolleyes: ) so I'm so happy they have this!

Really?? Wow! That sounds cool!

I'm a Star Wars fan, and a personalized lightsaber would look great on my shelf.

PS: Any pics anywhere? :confused3

Oh boy....I know where we need to go next trip! LOL Thanks for this info!! I had no idea they did this! The kids *wink wink* will love it!! :) Actually while they ride Star Tours we will wait in the shop........hehe

That's what I need in my house. More light sabers! My boys love Star Wars so sure we will be bringing home another one.

Oh, don't forget to make sure your saber works before leaving. I know last year that someone brought one back to Hollywood Studios because it wouldn't turn on.

In the shop at the exit of Star tours (where they have lots of star war paraphanalia). The wall has several bins of all the various pieces and on the wall is the various lite sabers from the main characters of the movie (Anakin Darth Maul Darth Vader Luke and Obi Wan) to assist you in your construction of them.

Yes they fold, so can be packed taken on airplanes.

Although I think DS has almost every light sabre in the universe already, I'm sure we'll be adding this to our "To Do" list as well. :upsidedow

This sounds excellent!! :cool1: My son is also a huge Star Wars fan!

Does anyone know the price? :confused3

I read on MP that it's just over 20 for the double-ended Darth Maul saber, and just under 20 for the single-ended ones.

Just wondering if the light saber is collapsable(sp). Otherwise not sure what the airlines rule on light sabers on a plane might be.

I think so.

The one thing the CM mentioned on mouseplanet is that they do NOT come with the pins like at WDW. That's a bummer for me b/c I knew about the pins, but not for my boys, since they didn't know.

You bet you can ~ DS made one last month while we were there! He made a double saber (like Darth Maul) ~ it flew home with us (I'm pretty sure carry on) it's taller than me (I'm almost 5'6") when it's extended. It's lights up (just 1 side??) and makes noise.

Here's a foto ~

DSC00632.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter