ISO: Great NON-Disney, Orlando Restaurants

Justbranches5

Earning My Ears
We are staying at W Bonnet Creek and doing some Character dining but would like to know about some great, not super expensive local restaurants that you love! We like Seafood, Italian, American, etc. Anyone have any favorites? We are good on Pizza :) TIA

If you search this forum, there are several similar threads. We prefer to avoid the national chains but there are some local and regional chains that we like as well as some independent places.

For chains, Sweet Tomatoes and Flipper's Pizza are our favorites. For local Italian, we like Bruno's on 192. Good pizza (by Florida standards) and good Italian food. There are several good places in Celebration like Cafe D'Antonio, Celebration Town Tavern, and others. We have yet to try 4 Rivers but have heard great things about it. Rocco's Tacos is also on our to do list.

I like chains on 192 that we don't have near where we live: Chik Fil A (seriously! The closest one is 30 minutes away and we rarely are on that side of town), Joe's Crab Shack, Orlando Ale House, Chuy's, Bahama Breeze, BW3s. We usually go to Orlando Ale House and Chuy's each twice--just because the prices are low and we always enjoy the food.

Giordano's has great Italian! and I'll second a PP's recommendation for Teak Neighborhood Grill!

Winter Park Fish Company, Yellow Dog Eats, Q'Kenan, Sofrito and Merguez.

Merguez is the best gem of them all in terms of unique flavors followed closely by Q'Kenan.

I just posted this in another thread but Sweet Tomatoes is our absolute must do! There are a few of them in the area.

If Winter Park isn't too far away, The Ravenous Pig is a favorite of ours. It's worth the trek — maybe make an afternoon visit to the Morse Museum (another favorite!) and then have dinner.

If Winter Park isn't too far away, The Ravenous Pig is a favorite of ours.
That is the same folks who opened The Polite Pig in Disney Springs. We've never been to Ravenous Pig but have been to Polite Pig and thought it was excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter