Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I think Disney is pretty confident that the Tower will sell pretty well to new owners, but they are hedging their bet by including it they are counting on current owners to add on. It looks like this will be a beautiful addition to the resort, but personally I would never buy there direct. The entire restriction mess should be done away with IMO but I'm pretty sure they are in too deep to reverse course now.

I was there about a month ago, we took the resort boat to MK. I’m not sure there will be a Castle view from most floors, VGF is in the way. It was looking more towards the Contemporary. Might only be upper floors.

We’ve stayed ground floor at Moorea on the west side of the building (closest to Tokelau) and were able to see the top of the tower through the bungalows. The tower is roughly on the same angle and further west so I think it’s doable for sure.

Last edited:
You’d think they’ll almost certainly release some details next week as booking open June 4th for DVC members!
I’d expect to see some room details and concept art Wednesday or Thursday of next week. Doubtful they’d drop the news Tuesday since it’s the day after a holiday, and it’s never a good idea to drop news on a Friday (unless of course it’s bad news).

And seriously, enough with the trust already. You have a better shot of winning both the megamillions and powerball on the same night than the tower being declared as part of the CFW (and Reflections) trust at the last minute.

Last edited:
I think without knowing the accounting practices and aims for WDW it is hard to know what Disney Parks and DVD/DVC are looking for here. It is possible that different factions within the company might be looking for different things.

The cabins indicate to me that Disney may be interested in making everything in some essence a DVC program because that initial construction outlay can be accounted for differently. It also allows them to severely limit housekeeping staff since it is now a "timeshare" not a "deluxe resort" (and never mind that all the timeshare properties are considerered deluxe resorts but they don't provide the housekeeping unless you pay an additional fee, unless they don't offer it at all... confused yet?)

The cabins have been a DVC sales failure, but unlike say Vero Beach when it initially sold - I feel like Disney had to know that almost no one would willingly purchase that cabin product. And that a few die hards might, but it wasn't really the point.

I feel like Poly Tower might be different - it is a nice large DVC tower and building that at least based on concept art should rival Riviera and VGF in terms of luxury. I'm just thinking most of these DVC people would likely want some positive metrics to point to what they are doing for the company - if for no other reason than in their next job interview....

Like I have said in a few previous posts, I feel like Disney is assessing these folks on metrics that are different than the ones we think they may be. It's certainly not as clear cut as Westgate!

Some timeline questions…. We should be getting points charts and maybe more room concept art and types in the next week or two and probably announcement of sale date then too? Any predictions on when they’ll go on sale? Based on projected opening, what UYs will they start with?

Some timeline questions…. We should be getting points charts and maybe more room concept art and types in the next week or two and probably announcement of sale date then too? Any predictions on when they’ll go on sale? Based on projected opening, what UYs will they start with?
Yes. I think they’ll go on sale in June, personally. Likely the day after the current incentives expire.

I’d guess for new owners they’ll be pushing either March or April UY. Current owners will match whatever you already have. But even for current owners, nowadays they’ll sell you anything if you threaten to walk away.

Yes. I think they’ll go on sale in June, personally. Likely the day after the current incentives expire.

I’d guess for new owners they’ll be pushing either March or April UY. Current owners will match whatever you already have. But even for current owners, nowadays they’ll sell you anything if you threaten to walk away.
Sadly, they will not sell you VGC if you threaten to walk away, they will just follow up with solicitations to sell VDH several times. I don’t want to take it out on the guides, but sometimes I want to say “if I thought VDH would work for my family around $180/pt, do you think I’d be hounding you to buy VGC at $300+ per point?”

Sadly, they will not sell you VGC if you threaten to walk away, they will just follow up with solicitations to sell VDH several times. I don’t want to take it out on the guides, but sometimes I want to say “if I thought VDH would work for my family around $180/pt, do you think I’d be hounding you to buy VGC at $300+ per point?”
You might as well be asking to buy the Westgate Gardenwalk lol. They can’t sell it if they aint got it.

Sorry, I meant what UY do you think the first points will be. If it opens Dec 2024, would that be when they start (so Dec gets 2024, everyone else starts with 2025?) or would other UYs get 2024 points?

Points charts won’t come out until shortly before the sales begin and not until they actually declare units into the association.

Only thing so far that has been done is apply for the license to sell about 11,800 new weeks.

They don’t need the point chart released to sell rooms for cash.

But we should at least get room information in terms of size, and occupancy, and details.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant what UY do you think the first points will be. If it opens Dec 2024, would that be when they start (so Dec gets 2024, everyone else starts with 2025?) or would other UYs get 2024 points?

If if follows suit of RIV, we might see most UYs start with 2024 points. With RiV, Feb and maybe March didn’t start with 2019 but 2020.

Sales for that did start in April with a Dec opening.

With PVB tower, they won’t start until end of June or Jult at earliest…so we might see more UYs not get 2024 points.

What we do know is that no UY, even as part of the same association will get 2023 points since the tower rooms did not exist for occupancy before 2024.

Was it this thread where someone mentioned that the first X number of purchasers are recognized with a plaque (or something to that effect)? I’ve never noticed anything like that at the 8 DVC properties I’ve stayed at….but I’ve always dreamed of being on the giant board (fence?) at Castaway Cay.

facebook twitter