Island Hopping: A WDW PTR for Sept. 2012-- Link to TR! 10/10

CBR was so amazing in April I absolutely loooved it! Having your own little pool & beach front is just GREAT, and we never got to the big pool, but it looked totally awesome.

GAH! Poly! It's my other one true love! I stayed there 3 nights in Jan and just DIED (and never actually made it out to the beach in the sunlight haha) It's so beautiful, and my room ended up being directly beside the TTC which made for great monorail adventures!

I can't wait to hear more!! Also, totally forgot to mention this earlier, but Sawyer has gotten so big!! It totally blew my mind when I saw the first pics, sometimes I forget how fast kids grow up haha!!

I'm glad you found something for around the same price so you can stay on property. That's great!

I am so happy you can stay at both CBR and the Poly! Deluxe is just amazing and I know you and your whole family will love it. Staying Deluxe is an incredible experience.

Can't wait to hear about the ADRs! :)

love your resort choices - and all the planning/logic behind them - I over anaylze things all the time.

Joining in! We'll be there from Sept 18-25th at POFQ. Come on over to my PTR if you'd like! I love having readers! :goodvibes

YAY,YAY, YAY!!!!!!

I loved CBR and am dying to stay at the Poly!!! I am so excited for you!

Free dining too? Awesome!

Can't wait to hear about the ADRs!

No MiL? I'm sure that you're upset about that, but do try to have a good time without her there. :rotfl2:
You know how sad I'll be without her:rotfl2:! I actually told Brandon that not taking her will be like taking one less child!

I always loved relaxing on those hammocks at CBR... Especially at night after a long day at the park..... Sounds like heaven right now.

Glad you got everything you wanted. :thumbsup2
When I'm having a stressful day, I just go to that hammock in my mind...nice:cloud9:. Something I love about CBR is how quiet it is. When you're on one of those hammocks, it feels like no one else is around.

CBR was so amazing in April I absolutely loooved it! Having your own little pool & beach front is just GREAT, and we never got to the big pool, but it looked totally awesome.

GAH! Poly! It's my other one true love! I stayed there 3 nights in Jan and just DIED (and never actually made it out to the beach in the sunlight haha) It's so beautiful, and my room ended up being directly beside the TTC which made for great monorail adventures!

I can't wait to hear more!! Also, totally forgot to mention this earlier, but Sawyer has gotten so big!! It totally blew my mind when I saw the first pics, sometimes I forget how fast kids grow up haha!!
I know, he's huge! He'll be two years old two weeks from Saturday. I don't know where the time goes!
I am so excited about the Poly! Sounds like you had a great location...of course, aren't they all great?!

I'm glad you found something for around the same price so you can stay on property. That's great!

I am so happy you can stay at both CBR and the Poly! Deluxe is just amazing and I know you and your whole family will love it. Staying Deluxe is an incredible experience.

Can't wait to hear about the ADRs! :)
I've been told that it's hard to go back after you stay Deluxe. I didn't mention that to Brandon:rolleyes1.

love your resort choices - and all the planning/logic behind them - I over anaylze things all the time.
I'm most definitely an over-planner. Guilty! But the good part is that the thinking is done before the vacation so we can all relax while we're there.

Joining in! We'll be there from Sept 18-25th at POFQ. Come on over to my PTR if you'd like! I love having readers! :goodvibes
I'll be right over!

AHH! I love the title of your report! Actually there are a lot of things I enjoy about this update. CBR was the first resort I ever stayed at growing up and I remember I LOVED it... especially the slide! I think I went down it like 50 times, haha.

ALSO, so exciting you're staying at the Poly! It has such a lovely laid-back feel to it... :cloud9:

ALSO ALSO, growing up, I LOVED MAGNUM PI! I had the most mega crush ever on Tom Selleck! I just love him and his stylish mustache! Hahaha.. I swear sometimes we are the same person. :goodvibes

But no, I think after dealing with how you have to book DVC, I'm actually USED to to confusion when booking resorts... so I'm totally with you on this. :laughing: Can't wait to hear more about your plans for this trip! :yay:

Yay for getting to stay where you guys really wanted to!!!! I'm so glad you didn't settle and were able to stay on property! :thumbsup2

Poly is definitely convenient for getting to both the MK and Epcot! There's of course the monorail, but you can very easily walk to the TTC from there (once you pick the right path, unlike us! :laughing:), and then hop the monorail to Epcot, or you can take the boat to the MK from there!

Oh, I'm not confused yet, don't you worry!!! :laughing:

Ohhh! Im So so so glad I found your TR now! In my past trips, I had no choice over which hotel I wanted to stay at until my memorial week trip in 08 and I picked the Poly because the year before I stayed at Shades of Green and got to walk through the Poly to get to the boats/monorail and I decided I HAD to stay there! Youll absolutely love it! It's so relaxing! Staying at a Deluxe last trip really spoiled me!

Im curious to hear more about your split stay. I think the trip Im trying to plan for Oct 2013 will be my last trip for a while and I want to make it somewhat big. Im currently debating on an AOA/4 night disney cruis/Wilderness Lodge stay and Im sort of overwhelmed with the idea of multi-reservations but I know if Im going to try something like this, Disney is the PERFECT place for it :)

Hope you're well! :)

AHH! I love the title of your report! Actually there are a lot of things I enjoy about this update. CBR was the first resort I ever stayed at growing up and I remember I LOVED it... especially the slide! I think I went down it like 50 times, haha.

ALSO, so exciting you're staying at the Poly! It has such a lovely laid-back feel to it... :cloud9:

ALSO ALSO, growing up, I LOVED MAGNUM PI! I had the most mega crush ever on Tom Selleck! I just love him and his stylish mustache! Hahaha.. I swear sometimes we are the same person. :goodvibes

But no, I think after dealing with how you have to book DVC, I'm actually USED to to confusion when booking resorts... so I'm totally with you on this. :laughing: Can't wait to hear more about your plans for this trip! :yay:
I loved him then. I love him now. You cannot deny the appeal of that mustache and chest hair. Brandon shaved his beard and left just a mustache and it looked RIDICULOUS! But Tom?? PERFECTION. I think I might be a little scary.

Yeah, your DVC talk has me confused. But you did eventually get all the days at Beach Club, so YAY! I'm only processing that part and forgetting that you had to call twice to do it. My brain hurts just keeping up with myself:crazy:! Woo-hoo!

Yay for getting to stay where you guys really wanted to!!!! I'm so glad you didn't settle and were able to stay on property! :thumbsup2

Poly is definitely convenient for getting to both the MK and Epcot! There's of course the monorail, but you can very easily walk to the TTC from there (once you pick the right path, unlike us! :laughing:), and then hop the monorail to Epcot, or you can take the boat to the MK from there!

Oh, I'm not confused yet, don't you worry!!! :laughing:
I really have been thinking about you during all this switch-er-roo-ing...I mean, you're the QUEEN of changes! Plus, Brandon asked to go to Akershus a-la-Wingnut. So we're practically twins.
I am super excited about just rolling strollers with children buckled in to our destination instead of loading up, unloading, wash, rinse, repeat. And no worries--our nights at Poly just happen to line up with Epcot/MK days only:thumbsup2.

Ohhh! Im So so so glad I found your TR now! In my past trips, I had no choice over which hotel I wanted to stay at until my memorial week trip in 08 and I picked the Poly because the year before I stayed at Shades of Green and got to walk through the Poly to get to the boats/monorail and I decided I HAD to stay there! Youll absolutely love it! It's so relaxing! Staying at a Deluxe last trip really spoiled me!

Im curious to hear more about your split stay. I think the trip Im trying to plan for Oct 2013 will be my last trip for a while and I want to make it somewhat big. Im currently debating on an AOA/4 night disney cruis/Wilderness Lodge stay and Im sort of overwhelmed with the idea of multi-reservations but I know if Im going to try something like this, Disney is the PERFECT place for it :)

Hope you're well! :)
I AM BEYOND EXCITED:banana:!!
We did a split stay once before. It is not hard at ALL at Disney--they'll even transport your luggage between resorts (or at least they did then)! The one thing I'd remember is that if you buy tickets with a package, make it the first package and get the tickets then for all the days you'll need, making your last stop a room-only ressie. Park cost per day goes down the longer you stay, and ask long as your trip is less than two weeks, it makes sense not to pay the high rates twice! Other than that, it's simple. Promise. Because if it wasn't simple, there's no way I could have handled it:rotfl2:!

I really have been thinking about you during all this switch-er-roo-ing...I mean, you're the QUEEN of changes! Plus, Brandon asked to go to Akershus a-la-Wingnut. So we're practically twins.
I am super excited about just rolling strollers with children buckled in to our destination instead of loading up, unloading, wash, rinse, repeat. And no worries--our nights at Poly just happen to line up with Epcot/MK days only:thumbsup2.

Hahaha yes!!!! Hey changing things around only makes the planning process and fun keep on going even longer! :rotfl:

You guys are going to love Akershus, I'm sure! We thought it was great! :thumbsup2

I have always wanted to stay at both of those resorts so now I will live vicariously thru your TR when you get home!! Those pics of the room at CBR look beautiful! Who knows, maybe next trip we'll upgrade to moderate:confused3 Hope you're having a great weekend![/B]

Hi!!! :wave2:

I just subscribed to your PTR!! I have to say, I'm so jealous!! The Poly is my DREAM hotel, but it's not really in our budget right now. HOWEVER, I'm staying at CBR Sept 15-20th! We're calling it our "Poor Man's Poly" ( :lmao: ), same time as you guys!! Hopefully we'll bump into you there! We're just a group of 4 adults (me, DBF, and my parents) but I like meeting other couples, and love kids!! I can't wait to read more about your plans!!!

I have always wanted to stay at both of those resorts so now I will live vicariously thru your TR when you get home!! Those pics of the room at CBR look beautiful! Who knows, maybe next trip we'll upgrade to moderate:confused3 Hope you're having a great weekend!
You just go right ahead--I live vicariously through your TRs, so you are more than welcome to do the same! I hope I make it as good as you always do!

I just subscribed to your PTR!! I have to say, I'm so jealous!! The Poly is my DREAM hotel, but it's not really in our budget right now. HOWEVER, I'm staying at CBR Sept 15-20th! We're calling it our "Poor Man's Poly" ( :lmao: ), same time as you guys!! Hopefully we'll bump into you there! We're just a group of 4 adults (me, DBF, and my parents) but I like meeting other couples, and love kids!! I can't wait to read more about your plans!!!
AHHH! I'm so excited!! We definitely need to make sure to meet up! And even if we didn't, I'm sure you'd find me--first you'll hear the loud noise my wild family makes, and then you'll see one at least one of the adults chasing at least one child who's decided to make a break for it:lmao:!
[/B]

OH MY GOSH. I just saw that you're from Dallas! We're in Canton!

AHHH!! I'm ACTUALLY from Kennesaw! Even closer! My parents still live there, but DBF and I have a house in Dallas!! That's so crazy!! We'll have a convoy going down to Disney!!! Are you guys driving down on Friday or Saturday??

AHHH!! I'm ACTUALLY from Kennesaw! Even closer! My parents still live there, but DBF and I have a house in Dallas!! That's so crazy!! We'll have a convoy going down to Disney!!! Are you guys driving down on Friday or Saturday??
AHHHH! That is crazy! I lived in Kennesaw FOREVER (okay, six years while I was getting my teaching degree from KSU while working to pay for it/getting married/having a baby...and yes, I then quit teaching to be a stay-at-home mom when the second baby came, so a lot of good that did:lmao:!). My husband works in Kennesaw now. We're driving down on Friday. Don't tell DD's school, but we're taking her out of school on Friday for an early beginning to the wonderful Cherokee County fall break:banana:!

Hello:)
Looking forward to reading more
Thanks for being here:goodvibes! I promise an update soon!

AHHHH! That is crazy! I lived in Kennesaw FOREVER (okay, six years while I was getting my teaching degree from KSU while working to pay for it/getting married/having a baby...and yes, I then quit teaching to be a stay-at-home mom when the second baby came, so a lot of good that did:lmao:!). My husband works in Kennesaw now. We're driving down on Friday. Don't tell DD's school, but we're taking her out of school on Friday for an early beginning to the wonderful Cherokee County fall break:banana:!

Thanks for being here:goodvibes! I promise an update soon!

Oh wow, it's a small world afterall!!!! :rotfl: I graduated from KSU in May 2012! So yeah, I lived in Kennesaw since 96! We're driving down Saturday morning... and unfortunately I think we're all going to work on Friday (maybe), then get a little sleep, and leave around 4-5 in the morning on Saturday. We'll meet you at CBR though!! :beach:

I was hoping I didn't pick dates that were coinciding with any of those new "fall breaks" . I doubt it will effect the crowds down there! Our dates look pretty promising!

Oh wow, it's a small world afterall!!!! :rotfl: I graduated from KSU in May 2012! So yeah, I lived in Kennesaw since 96! We're driving down Saturday morning... and unfortunately I think we're all going to work on Friday (maybe), then get a little sleep, and leave around 4-5 in the morning on Saturday. We'll meet you at CBR though!! :beach:

I was hoping I didn't pick dates that were coinciding with any of those new "fall breaks" . I doubt it will effect the crowds down there! Our dates look pretty promising!
We've been there during fall break before. It's empty, but it's funny to look around the parking lots and see so many Cherokee County tags:rotfl:!

I hope you’re all having a lovely day! We are enjoying our day inside, as it’s going to be 106 degrees here today, tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future. YIKES:eek:! I’d take the kids swimming, but you can’t really cool off in pool water that is as hot as bath water. Last night I went all over creation to find some black-out drapes for the big windows in our master bedroom. It always gets hot in there when the sun is on that side of the house. Apparently everyone in Georgia is having the same idea, because I had to go to three stores to find them!

In other household news, we’ve been really busy lately carting Brynn around to doctors and testing sites. We are trying to figure out if Sensory Processing Disorder is all that’s going on or if there’s more to it. She had an MRI last Friday and had to be sedated for it (worst Mommy feeling EVER:sad2:), and Monday we had to take her in for an eight hour video EEG. We don’t meet with her neurologist until July 11 to find out the results, so please send us calming thoughts, prayers, chants…whatever you’ve got. And please forgive me for not updating this week. I’ll try to do better!

Alllllrighty then…

Let’s get down to the business of the day: ADRs! This is one of my favorite topics, actually, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat.

When I was deciding where our ADRs would be, we were still scheduled to be at CBR with free dining for nine nights. I came up with the appropriate number of TS meals based on that. When we knocked off three days at CBR to instead stay at the Poly those three nights, we had to change some things around and decide to pay OOP for some meals. We’d made an ADR for San Angel Inn, but that got nixed. Then the kids decided they wanted to go to a restaurant in place of Akershus, and I think Brandon may have cried a little at that one—he loves those princesses, but we are having another princess meal. There, there, buddy:sad1:. Obviously there have been some changes already, and I can’t promise there won’t be more. I *think* we’re pretty set, though.

Some of the thinking behind our ADR choices:

*We love character meals. They keep our kids entertained long enough for us to shovel a few bites in our mouths. They keep us from having to stand in line to see those guys. And they are so loud that nobody complains about the volume that inevitably comes from our table.

*Buffets are great. No, they probably don’t have the best food ever, but it’s definitely better than I can cook, and there’s food right from the start instead of having to wait. That’s priceless for three kids ages six and under. Also, I like to pay at the beginning and exit quickly to get my ride on!

*We’re creatures of habit. We do have some new places to try this time, but we tend to stick with what we know for several reasons. First of all, Julia (who *might* have a little of her mom’s personality) gets a plan in her head, and Heaven help anyone who interferes with that plan. She can only plan what she knows, so she insists on the same places. Also, Brynn likes familiarity. She likes to know what is coming next.

*Our palates are less than sophisticated. Fine dining is lost on us, thank goodness. I’m glad my kids are impressed by just about any food, although I do realize it’s because I am a horrible cook. Brandon has sort of taken over that duty for dinners around here. He says it’s because he wants to “help me out.” It’s probably because he just wants to be able to stomach his supper:rolleyes1.

With all that in mind, I was sitting at my desk well before the sun came up on the morning of my 180 days mark. I want to say it was March 17, but I could be wrong. Brandon was holding the baby and made me coffee:coffee:. I had my list in front of me, with the restaurants listed in order of importance. I pulled up the Disney website, poised to make my reservations when…when…I realized the site was down:scared1:. I ran to my laptop—maybe it was just this computer having issues? Nope, the site was down. Quick! The iPad! Nope.

I was more than a little frustrated. I had gotten up early, and I am NOT a morning person. I was convinced that somehow, somewhere, the site was working for someone, and they were more than likely getting my CRT ADR. I kept trying the website, but to no avail. The phone lines don’t open until an hour after the online system, so we just sat and waited and thought that all my planning was for nothing.

At the appropriate time, I dialed the dining line and practically yelled, “I NEED AN ADR FOR CRT…QUICKLY!” The CM reassured me that nobody was going to take my ADR, because, yes, the online system was down, and I called the millisecond the phone system opened. She told me to breathe. I told her I would as soon as she got me that ADR, so she did it first. I relaxed and then proceeded to get all my restaurant choices at the times I wanted them, plus some reservations for all kids to get haircuts at Harmony Barber Shop. It will be Sawyer’s first haircut, and the girls both had their first haircuts there, too.
Without further ado…drum roll, please…

Our ADRs.

Saturday, September 15
*Chef Mickey’s, dinner, 5:30
This was a “Must Do” for us (Oh, Stacey, we love you!), mostly because of this:
disney-2011-day-2877.jpg

disney-2011-day-2831.jpg

But also for the parmesan mashed potatoes.

Sunday, September 16
*Garden Grill, dinner, 5:30
This is a new one for us, but I’m sure we’ll love it. The Land is our favorite pavilion, plus there are characters, spinning, and unlimited platters of food.

Monday, September 17
*Crystal Palace, breakfast, 8:05 (OOP)
Again with the kisses:
disney-2011-day-2317.jpg

disney-2011-day-2378.jpg

We love getting into the park before opening, and we also love Puffed French Toast and those yummy potatoes. Plus, we’re tight with Pooh and the gang:grouphug:.

*Cinderella’s Royal Table, dinner, 5:35
PRINCESSESprincess:. Duh.

disney-2011-day-01448.jpg

disney-2011-day-01509.jpg

Tuesday, September 18
*Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine, breakfast, 8:00 (This is what knocked out Akershus, believe it or not. I don’t really believe it. But Jake, June, Handy Manny, and Oso are big draws for the pre-school set.)

*Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, lunch, 11:30 (OOP)
Brandon is a big B-movie fan, and the girls are very entertained by the movie clips. They also have a delicious Reuben sandwich and a cookies and cream milkshake so good it will make you slap your momma. (Okay, that’s not true. Nothing could make me slap my momma. Where on earth did that saying come from:confused3? Is it just a southern thing, or is it widespread? Because especially in the south, I am willing to bet nobody would slap their momma, even for the best milkshake on WDW property.)

disney-2011-day-6-392.jpg

Wednesday, September 19
‘Ohana, dinner, 6:30
It’s a new one for us! I’ve already told you about our Hawaiian obsession (oh, Magnum, P.I….can I call you Thomas?), and this is the night before we check into the Poly. I am hoping for Wishes on the beach, but we’ll have other opportunities if it doesn’t happen.

So, what do you think? Are there any that we should add or take away?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter