Is your state running out of gas?

This group apparently claims to be an "ethical" hacking group....by not hitting non-profits, hospitals, schools...etc. They only go after private companies.
Most armed robbers only rob private businesses -- banks, convenience stores, etc. If a drug dealer kills a competitor, that's no big deal.

People can make excuses for anything. They're just thieves, but when they go after infrastructure they are terrorists and should be dealt with directly and harshly.

They can fancy themselves "ethical" hackers (what a laugh) but when you interfere with the critical infrastructure of the country, you can cause all sorts of serious issues you never thought about. There's nothing ethical about that.

Of course...that's why "ethical"....is in quotations. They're criminals....and should be prosecuted. Apparently that's also very difficult because of the way they operate. This group is supposedly operating out of Russia....but it's not "state sponsored". Which is a joke, because of course it is. Nothing happens in Russia without Putin knowing about it and getting a piece of the action. That really became apparent when I read the book Red Notice by Bill Browder.

Of course...that's why "ethical"....is in quotations. They're criminals....and should be prosecuted. Apparently that's also very difficult because of the way they operate. This group is supposedly operating out of Russia....but it's not "state sponsored". Which is a joke, because of course it is. Nothing happens in Russia without Putin knowing about it and getting a piece of the action. That really became apparent when I read the book Red Notice by Bill Browder.

Darkside has an ethics page. I kid you not.

The reality is that the IT for a gas pipeline should be better. No wonder the Native Americans don't want one running through their reservations.

Had to take my daughter to an appt just now. Most stations that I saw had their pumps covered. Walmart had gas but it looks like only at a few pumps.

I’m supposed to drive to Orlando Tuesday but might have to cancel.

From your name, I assume you’re in Florida. We are headed to Panama City. If you know, is the gas situation bad there? Thanks.

From your name, I assume you’re in Florida. We are headed to Panama City. If you know, is the gas situation bad there? Thanks.

I’m in Sebastian. I did see a few stations getting supplied with gas again today.

I don’t have any info on the stations in the panhandle. I hope it’s not too bad.

That's good news! What stretch are you traveling?

We traveled from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, down 301 into VA just above Richmond. From there we took 95 South until someplace in SC, then Thursday continued down 95 S to Orlando. Spent the afternoon & evening at DS and then this morning traveled west to the Ft. Myers area.
Not one issue coming down 95 S thru MD, VA, NC, SC, GA or FL getting gas. Waited in no lines, although we did see one station that was out of gas, but all the others had plenty of gas. Waited behind one car once, other than that was able to pull up to pumps. Plenty of folks traveling down 95...all getting gas somewhere. No issue in FL getting gas currently, driving home Monday afternoon/Tuesday and hoping for same luck!

We traveled from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, down 301 into VA just above Richmond. From there we took 95 South until someplace in SC, then Thursday continued down 95 S to Orlando. Spent the afternoon & evening at DS and then this morning traveled west to the Ft. Myers area.
Not one issue coming down 95 S thru MD, VA, NC, SC, GA or FL getting gas. Waited in no lines, although we did see one station that was out of gas, but all the others had plenty of gas. Waited behind one car once, other than that was able to pull up to pumps. Plenty of folks traveling down 95...all getting gas somewhere. No issue in FL getting gas currently, driving home Monday afternoon/Tuesday and hoping for same luck!

it seems to be urban areas with shortages. Are you going to gas stations in major metro areas or are they interstate roadside stops?

it seems to be urban areas with shortages. Are you going to gas stations in major metro areas or are they interstate roadside stops?

Honestly, I don’t recall at this moment, but I reported our stops in real time in the other thread, including city & state. One was Bowling Green, VA.

I live in Raleigh, NC and in just a 1 mile stretch of one of the main roads near my residence, one station had zero pumps operating, just about a mile from that one, all they had was the lowest octane, which is what most cars run very well on anyway. Right in the middle all pumps in a huge station and variety store were pumping happily away. This was never going to be anything but a short one anyway, but it was that same brain cramp that caused the TP shortage that kicked in again to cause a minor shortage of gas. I lived through the REAL embargo and it lasted for months, this was nothing.

My VW Jetta with it's small but powerful turbo assisted 4 cylinder engine has a 14 gal. tank. If full I can drive from my place nearly to (maybe all the way but I don't want to push my luck) the entrance to WDW. Some 600 miles. That's an average of 70 miles per hour on I-95 and I-4. Gotta love that little sweetie. Who needs a stinking pipeline! I suppose someone with a ginormous SUV uses that much gas to just get out of their driveway. :cool2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter