Is this realistic?

I finally heard from the doctor last week and then I went for my follow up yesterday. I have a torn tendon in my foot/ankle. It's a moderate tear and I need surgery. Not only will he fix the tendon, hopefully, but he is going to realign my foot to change the angle of my foot and hopefully avoid this from happening again. Its hard to explain the procedure on here but he has to take a chunk (his word not mine) out of the top part of my foot on the inside and move the tendons up there to adjust the angle of my foot. Surgery is scheduled for 7/26. I will be out of work a few weeks and off my feet for at least 3 weeks. Then I move to a walking boot. It will be 2 months before I can return to riding my bike and 3 months until I can attempt to run again.

I will get to run my next two races which are in a couple weeks, provided the tendon doesn't snap before that. But I will miss my fall races this year.

That's the update.

Did you run the Baltimore Ten Miler? That's the run it sounds like - I did it last year and that last set of hills is insane.

yep, that's the one -- it was brutal. Lesson learned (apart from the need for better training): if my foot cramps, deal with it immediately. I walked on a cramp the whole 10 miles and nearly couldn't put weight on it at all afterward. Ouch.

@Waiting2goback yikes. Glad you're getting the problem dealt with, though (the tendon thing sounds kind of like what pitchers do with their arms when undergoing Tommy John surgery?). Good luck with everything until the surgery happens!

I am going to miss my fall races but I am glad I didn't wait as long to check it out this time. I am not having a tendon replaced, like they do in Tommy John surgery. They will fix the existing tendon and the other part of the surgery is to adjust my foot so it is more flat to the ground. Apparently the angle of my foot has me walking more on the outside of my foot and he thinks that why this happened as I didn't actually "injure" my ankle. I didn't twist it, or fall, nothing like that. It is just wear and tear. So if he is trying to fix that to keep me running for years to come. That's the hope!

I finally heard from the doctor last week and then I went for my follow up yesterday. I have a torn tendon in my foot/ankle. It's a moderate tear and I need surgery. Not only will he fix the tendon, hopefully, but he is going to realign my foot to change the angle of my foot and hopefully avoid this from happening again. Its hard to explain the procedure on here but he has to take a chunk (his word not mine) out of the top part of my foot on the inside and move the tendons up there to adjust the angle of my foot. Surgery is scheduled for 7/26. I will be out of work a few weeks and off my feet for at least 3 weeks. Then I move to a walking boot. It will be 2 months before I can return to riding my bike and 3 months until I can attempt to run again.
Whoa. I'm really glad you got checked out! You said your work insurance is good, right? I hope this will be covered, especially missing so much work. I'm also glad you didn't sign up for the marathon...you'd have felt pressured to do something or lose all that money. How will this affect your divorce plans?

yep, that's the one -- it was brutal. Lesson learned (apart from the need for better training): if my foot cramps, deal with it immediately. I walked on a cramp the whole 10 miles and nearly couldn't put weight on it at all afterward. Ouch.
Baltimore is actually my ten mile PR, which is insane since the Army and Cherry Blossom Ten Milers are so much flatter, but I do rather like to run hills. (I know, I'm weird.) Still, I wasn't totally prepared for the last four or five miles, either. For foot cramps, have you figured out a way to relax your foot/leg while you're running. I'm not very good at it, but the massage therapist I used when I was training for a marathon two years ago really pressed me to work on it and I'm getting better. My issue is my hip rather than my foot, but I've noticed foot cramping on roads that are really titled.

As for me...I finished running for the duration last Saturday after a 3 mile run took so much out of me that I pretty much slept the rest of the weekend. I did my last circus workout tonight. I could probably keep training on the one apparatus I've kept up throughout pregnancy, but Dino is breech and showing no signs of turning, so they're going to try to turn her manually next Wednesday. If it works (50% chance) then I'm not going to mess with her head by turning upside down. If it doesn't, I have to schedule a c-section and I'm going to try to have that done as early in July as possible. (She's full term already and I'm sick of being pregnant!)

So, now I'm down to walking the dog and walking to and from the train to work...I feel so lazy, all I want to do is sleep.

Whoa. I'm really glad you got checked out! You said your work insurance is good, right? I hope this will be covered, especially missing so much work. I'm also glad you didn't sign up for the marathon...you'd have felt pressured to do something or lose all that money. How will this affect your divorce plans?

Baltimore is actually my ten mile PR, which is insane since the Army and Cherry Blossom Ten Milers are so much flatter, but I do rather like to run hills. (I know, I'm weird.) Still, I wasn't totally prepared for the last four or five miles, either. For foot cramps, have you figured out a way to relax your foot/leg while you're running. I'm not very good at it, but the massage therapist I used when I was training for a marathon two years ago really pressed me to work on it and I'm getting better. My issue is my hip rather than my foot, but I've noticed foot cramping on roads that are really titled.

As for me...I finished running for the duration last Saturday after a 3 mile run took so much out of me that I pretty much slept the rest of the weekend. I did my last circus workout tonight. I could probably keep training on the one apparatus I've kept up throughout pregnancy, but Dino is breech and showing no signs of turning, so they're going to try to turn her manually next Wednesday. If it works (50% chance) then I'm not going to mess with her head by turning upside down. If it doesn't, I have to schedule a c-section and I'm going to try to have that done as early in July as possible. (She's full term already and I'm sick of being pregnant!)

So, now I'm down to walking the dog and walking to and from the train to work...I feel so lazy, all I want to do is sleep.

I am glad I checked it out too. Of course I am kicking myself for not having it looked at sooner, like February. The recovery would be done by now and I could do some races this fall. But oh well, at least I get to do my races in the next 2 weeks before my surgery and I didn't wait until the fall to check it out again, like last year.

If I had signed up for the marathon I would have just deferred to next year as I am planning to do it in 2018 for the 25th anniversary anyway. And I am kind of doing a mini boycott on Disney right now anyway. I am getting tired of them jacking the prices up on EVERYTHING. I can understand tickets, hotel rooms, etc... But I heard all buffet lunch and dinner prices are going up to $60 for adults and $39.99 for kids. They will soon be charging a fee for wifi and Magical Express, etc... All this stuff used to be included in the price and is what set Disney apart from competition because you got more for your money, even though you still paid a lot for it. Now you pay a lot for the rooms and stuff and they will be adding this on top of it.

It won't impact the divorce. All the papers are filled out and she just needs to file them as she is the "complaintant" in the papers. I'm assuming she will do it soon. We are going to tell the kids at some point this summer. That should be pleasant. I am not looking forward to that at all. I have begun looking for places to live but nothing has caught my eye. I'll have to wait a bit now as I won't be able to do the move for a couple months on crutches but I'm in no rush. She is planning to move out in January, unless she finds something sooner but she is trying to save a bit more money as well. Overall, everything is pretty close to schedule as this was the summer I was planning to move anyway. If it takes a couple more months I'm not worried about it. We have been getting along pretty well so it's not an emergency.

I wouldn't worry about being tired. I am sure it stinks but keep in mind that you are not just getting through the day for yourself but you are growing another human being in your body at the same time so you are working at least twice as hard as normal. And enjoy the sleep when you can as it will be hard to come by for a while once the baby comes.

Boo!!! :( That really stinks but hopefully the fix will be permanent and allow you to do whatever you want in the future.

Great job on the race even though it was brutal. That is kind of how I felt about the TOT 10 miler. I hadn't trained enough but at least I finished. I was sore for days after though.

I'm really hoping that Dino turns for you. Recovery is easier than from a c-section. Just remember, you are not lazy. You are growing a person and to have stuck with your workouts as long as you have is a great accomplishment. :D

It won't impact the divorce. All the papers are filled out and she just needs to file them as she is the "complaintant" in the papers. I'm assuming she will do it soon. We are going to tell the kids at some point this summer. That should be pleasant. I am not looking forward to that at all. I have begun looking for places to live but nothing has caught my eye. I'll have to wait a bit now as I won't be able to do the move for a couple months on crutches but I'm in no rush. She is planning to move out in January, unless she finds something sooner but she is trying to save a bit more money as well. Overall, everything is pretty close to schedule as this was the summer I was planning to move anyway. If it takes a couple more months I'm not worried about it. We have been getting along pretty well so it's not an emergency.

I am glad to hear that you and your wife are getting along better. :)

I'm getting ready to go on my cruise in 2 weeks so of course my head is already in vacation mode. I've been keeping up with my workouts for the most part and actually recently added a 30-40 minute run one day a week before HIIT class. I tracked the distance yesterday for the first time and I did 2 miles in 30 minutes. For me that is awesome because when I did TOT I struggled with 17-18 minute miles. o.o Right now my eating sucks so nothing is changing there. Instead of beating myself up I am going to just wait until I get back from my trip to refocus.

I'm am glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

whoa! (and thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into some more exercises for that...) good luck with everything baby-wise, you have some exhausting (and exciting!) times ahead. I can't even imagine some of the things you've been doing physically *normally* let alone with a growing human being inside of you!

@Waiting2goback happy to hear that things are still on track, albeit in some unhappy circumstances…it sounds like you've really been to hell and back, so you're way overdue for some awesome things to happen soon.

@StayCool thanks! Have an awesome time on your cruise!

Boo!!! :( That really stinks but hopefully the fix will be permanent and allow you to do whatever you want in the future.

Great job on the race even though it was brutal. That is kind of how I felt about the TOT 10 miler. I hadn't trained enough but at least I finished. I was sore for days after though.

I'm really hoping that Dino turns for you. Recovery is easier than from a c-section. Just remember, you are not lazy. You are growing a person and to have stuck with your workouts as long as you have is a great accomplishment. :D

I am glad to hear that you and your wife are getting along better. :)

I'm getting ready to go on my cruise in 2 weeks so of course my head is already in vacation mode. I've been keeping up with my workouts for the most part and actually recently added a 30-40 minute run one day a week before HIIT class. I tracked the distance yesterday for the first time and I did 2 miles in 30 minutes. For me that is awesome because when I did TOT I struggled with 17-18 minute miles. o.o Right now my eating sucks so nothing is changing there. Instead of beating myself up I am going to just wait until I get back from my trip to refocus.

I'm am glad to hear that everyone is doing well.

Now doubt the huge improvement in your running has come because of not only the weight loss but the weight training. Overall you are just plain stronger. Is there another Disney race in your future. Just in case you don't come back before your cruise I hope you have a great time, you have worked hard this past year and you deserve it.

whoa! (and thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into some more exercises for that...) good luck with everything baby-wise, you have some exhausting (and exciting!) times ahead. I can't even imagine some of the things you've been doing physically *normally* let alone with a growing human being inside of you!

@Waiting2goback happy to hear that things are still on track, albeit in some unhappy circumstances…it sounds like you've really been to hell and back, so you're way overdue for some awesome things to happen soon.

@StayCool thanks! Have an awesome time on your cruise!

The first 40 years of my life were hell and back. The last 2+ have been much better because now I finally believe in myself. I have work to do still but I will get where I want eventually. Maybe I will meet someone eventually, maybe I won't. But I will be happy either way.

Just did a 5k this Sunday -- my sister and I even roped Mama into doing it. She had a blast (and was excited for her first-ever medal at 64 years old :) ). Took it verrrrry slowly, but was a nice walk. Joked with my sister that it's the best I've felt post-race so far, so she was quick to remind me about suffering through the 10-miler a few weeks ago...Mama's already looking into doing more with us. Awesome.

@Chiomaca good luck with everything!

@Waiting2goback awesome outlook. Best wishes for your upcoming races!

I went in to have Dino manually turned today and walked out having decided against it. Too much risk, not enough reward. So...scheduled c-section will happen on the 7th. Part of what convinced me to not go through with it was that when the OB pushed on her gently while the ultrasound was on her and her immediate response was to brace herself solidly by pushing her feet into my side and pushing back against the OB's hand. She wants to be that way for another week, I'm going to let her. (Though it doesn't look very comfortable AT ALL.)

Nice going on the run improvement! You're getting stronger and you're building stamina with all that HIIT stuff, and it's great that you can see it.

whoa! (and thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into some more exercises for that...)
Relaxing my foot and lower leg is really all mental. When it starts to hurt (or when my hip flexor tightens), I sort of concentrate and breathe into that part of my body and try to really focus on relaxing the muscles...like you would do at the end of a yoga class.

Just did a 5k this Sunday -- my sister and I even roped Mama into doing it. She had a blast (and was excited for her first-ever medal at 64 years old :) ). Took it verrrrry slowly, but was a nice walk. Joked with my sister that it's the best I've felt post-race so far, so she was quick to remind me about suffering through the 10-miler a few weeks ago...Mama's already looking into doing more with us. Awesome.
Nice! And go mom! My mom started running after I did...now at nearly 71 she wins a lot of her age groups, including the 10k at the Avengers weekend in Disneyland last fall, which was cool. We do Tinkerbell weekend together, although we do different races because she doesn't really enjoy the half distance and loves 10ks. We did the San Francisco Half Marathon the past two years, since that's her local race, and she came out to the the Marine Corps 10k one year when I did the full, which was also cool.

Nobody here since the 29th? I hope all is well. I have news...and a baby.

It was a little abrupt and probably right in line with what anyone who knows me would expect. Mom arrived on the 1st, we went to see a show at the Kennedy Center on the 2nd and chilled out on the 3rd. Monday the 4th, we got up and went to one of the local 4th of July 5ks....mom ran and I volunteered since my running group, Team RWB, was the featured charity for the race. I helped set up the post-race food tables and hand out the food. We had a some extra time before my scheduled pre-natal monitoring, but not enough to go home and shower, so we did a little shopping for stuff on my hospital bag list and headed into the hospital. What was supposed to be a 45 minute appointment turned into, "we'd like to listen to her heartbeat a little longer" followed by "we don't like this little dip, so we're going to keep you for another hour" followed by nurses running into the room, ripping my clothes off and the OB coming into the room saying "So, she's coming today." A few hours later I had my tiny little girl laying in my arms while I recovered from a quasi-emergency C-section. Struggled a bit with post-partum complications from the anesthesia (got fixed with a spinal patch on Friday, four days later...) and I'm feeling great. Little one is very sleepy and snuggly and pretty much perfect :-)

congratulations!!!!
Thanks! Sort of sad to see this thread die off...I hope everyone is continuing on their fitness journeys still. I did my first circus workout last night and am feeling it today. Tomorrow will be worse, in a good way. Still haven't gone for a run...between 100 degree heat and needing a babysitter, it's been better to wait.

Nobody here since the 29th? I hope all is well. I have news...and a baby.

It was a little abrupt and probably right in line with what anyone who knows me would expect. Mom arrived on the 1st, we went to see a show at the Kennedy Center on the 2nd and chilled out on the 3rd. Monday the 4th, we got up and went to one of the local 4th of July 5ks....mom ran and I volunteered since my running group, Team RWB, was the featured charity for the race. I helped set up the post-race food tables and hand out the food. We had a some extra time before my scheduled pre-natal monitoring, but not enough to go home and shower, so we did a little shopping for stuff on my hospital bag list and headed into the hospital. What was supposed to be a 45 minute appointment turned into, "we'd like to listen to her heartbeat a little longer" followed by "we don't like this little dip, so we're going to keep you for another hour" followed by nurses running into the room, ripping my clothes off and the OB coming into the room saying "So, she's coming today." A few hours later I had my tiny little girl laying in my arms while I recovered from a quasi-emergency C-section. Struggled a bit with post-partum complications from the anesthesia (got fixed with a spinal patch on Friday, four days later...) and I'm feeling great. Little one is very sleepy and snuggly and pretty much perfect :-)

Congratulations! I don't know what happened, I didn't get the notification when you posted this originally. I was thinking about you recently too, wondering if we would hear when the baby as born.

It sounds like quite the adventure for the birth but everyone came out happy and healthy so that's all that matters.

As for my fitness journey, it consists of me sitting on my butt all day. I had my ankle surgery at the end of July. I am 4 weeks post surgery and I am still at least 3 weeks away from being able to put any weight in it. I ran up until the last day and it turns out the damage was worse than expected. They told me I had torn one tendon but they were both torn. In order to realign my foot they needed to saw one of the bones on the top of my foot in half. It all still hurts and I am still swollen. I am about 2 more months away from running and I still have to have the screw removed from the top that hold the bones together. The best part is, I may need to have the right ankle done too. I felt a burning pain during my 7/3 race and it hurts still, in the same exact place as my left ankle did.

One more piece of news is that we finally told the kids about the divorce. She has begun looking for places to move so it could all be over soon, finally.

Thanks! Sort of sad to see this thread die off...I hope everyone is continuing on their fitness journeys still. I did my first circus workout last night and am feeling it today. Tomorrow will be worse, in a good way. Still haven't gone for a run...between 100 degree heat and needing a babysitter, it's been better to wait.

hope all is well with you and the baby -- the heat around here has been insane all month. Between that and work and school, I've definitely fallen off-track...mentally, it's been a pretty rough summer.

Congratulations! I don't know what happened, I didn't get the notification when you posted this originally. I was thinking about you recently too, wondering if we would hear when the baby as born.

It sounds like quite the adventure for the birth but everyone came out happy and healthy so that's all that matters.

As for my fitness journey, it consists of me sitting on my butt all day. I had my ankle surgery at the end of July. I am 4 weeks post surgery and I am still at least 3 weeks away from being able to put any weight in it. I ran up until the last day and it turns out the damage was worse than expected. They told me I had torn one tendon but they were both torn. In order to realign my foot they needed to saw one of the bones on the top of my foot in half. It all still hurts and I am still swollen. I am about 2 more months away from running and I still have to have the screw removed from the top that hold the bones together. The best part is, I may need to have the right ankle done too. I felt a burning pain during my 7/3 race and it hurts still, in the same exact place as my left ankle did.

One more piece of news is that we finally told the kids about the divorce. She has begun looking for places to move so it could all be over soon, finally.

Sorry to hear about the health issues -- best wishes for a speedy recovery! (at least it's looking to be better that you didn't pull the trigger on the marathon for this year?)

Hope the divorce will come to a quick and peaceable solution soon, I'm sure that will be a huge relief for you.

I'm glad you had the surgery and are headed towards recovery. I know resting and rehabbing stinks, but taking it easy is important. (And in this case, I did follow my own advice. I was cleared to exercise at 6 weeks and waited until 7...and didn't run until 9.5 weeks after delivery...because longevity is important at our ages!)

How did your kids take the news? I know that was probably rough on you.

hope all is well with you and the baby -- the heat around here has been insane all month. Between that and work and school, I've definitely fallen off-track...mentally, it's been a pretty rough summer.
Miss P is doing well. She's basically a happy baby with lots of smiles, but boy does she shift from smiley to screamy quickly. My nanny comes once a week this month to give me a break and for them to get used to each other, and she said that I wasn't imagining things. She doesn't do a slow roll, she just goes straight for top volume.

I'm doing circus workouts twice a week and getting stronger slowly. I did my first run last Saturday, up in Oregon. It was a tiny 5k put on by the local high school, which is also my mom's alma mater. There were maybe 20 people split between a 5k and a 10k. I wanted to do the 10k (because I am crazy) but mom pointed out that it was (1) my first post-partum run and (2) we were a mile high in altitude and I'm a sea level runner. I ran about an 11 minute mile pace without walk breaks, so not too shabby. I got really lucky and ended up running with a woman who is neighbor-ish to my aunt (it's really rural, so neighborish is within 5 miles) who was a near perfect match. We'd have been faster but her four year old son was riding his bike and needed a few breaks. It's too hot to run at home though - it was so nice to be in 40 degree weather again!

I'm glad you had the surgery and are headed towards recovery. I know resting and rehabbing stinks, but taking it easy is important. (And in this case, I did follow my own advice. I was cleared to exercise at 6 weeks and waited until 7...and didn't run until 9.5 weeks after delivery...because longevity is important at our ages!)

How did your kids take the news? I know that was probably rough on you.

Miss P is doing well. She's basically a happy baby with lots of smiles, but boy does she shift from smiley to screamy quickly. My nanny comes once a week this month to give me a break and for them to get used to each other, and she said that I wasn't imagining things. She doesn't do a slow roll, she just goes straight for top volume.

I'm doing circus workouts twice a week and getting stronger slowly. I did my first run last Saturday, up in Oregon. It was a tiny 5k put on by the local high school, which is also my mom's alma mater. There were maybe 20 people split between a 5k and a 10k. I wanted to do the 10k (because I am crazy) but mom pointed out that it was (1) my first post-partum run and (2) we were a mile high in altitude and I'm a sea level runner. I ran about an 11 minute mile pace without walk breaks, so not too shabby. I got really lucky and ended up running with a woman who is neighbor-ish to my aunt (it's really rural, so neighborish is within 5 miles) who was a near perfect match. We'd have been faster but her four year old son was riding his bike and needed a few breaks. It's too hot to run at home though - it was so nice to be in 40 degree weather again!

I am following everything the doctor has told me despite them telling me this would be a 3-5 week recovery and we are past 7 weeks and I just now got off crutches 2 days ago. And, to make it worse the X-ray showed my bone (they had to cut a bone to realign my foot, if I didn't already say that in a previous post) isn't healing as quickly as it should. So, I am in my walking boot for at least 4 more weeks. I was hoping to be able to start riding my bike this week, they has been pushed off 2 weeks. And while I do not understand why I can't ride the bike I am listening, which is hard for me. I am doing my upper body P90X workouts for the last month though so at least I am doing something.

This kids are fine with it. My oldest didn't talk to us for a day but everyone seems fine. They see us getting along and I told them the only major difference is that we will just be living in different places, that the kids will still be number 1 priority.

Babies are awesome aren't they. They are so fun to try and figure out, like what makes her go from happy to screaming so quickly. It's funny, although I am sure it doesn't feel it when it's happening, it will be funny when you remind her of it when she is older.

Glad to hear you are back to working out. Any plans for big runs any time soon or are you waiting until next year to figure that out?

I am following everything the doctor has told me despite them telling me this would be a 3-5 week recovery and we are past 7 weeks and I just now got off crutches 2 days ago. And, to make it worse the X-ray showed my bone (they had to cut a bone to realign my foot, if I didn't already say that in a previous post) isn't healing as quickly as it should. So, I am in my walking boot for at least 4 more weeks. I was hoping to be able to start riding my bike this week, they has been pushed off 2 weeks. And while I do not understand why I can't ride the bike I am listening, which is hard for me. I am doing my upper body P90X workouts for the last month though so at least I am doing something.
Wow, that's got to be incredibly frustrating. I'm glad you're able to get in the upper body workouts though. At least you have something to burn off energy and keep you motivated.

Glad to hear you are back to working out. Any plans for big runs any time soon or are you waiting until next year to figure that out?
I've got the Avengers Half in November. The only good thing about going back to work in two weeks is that ability to go for afternoon runs again. I was hoping to get in a run when the nanny comes next week, but apparently we're due for another round of heat. Blah. I'm ready for summer to be over. It stinks that I've spent the vast majority of my maternity leave stuck inside thanks to the stupid heat and humidity. This weekend is the Navy Air Force Half Marathon, which has been my half PR for the last two years, so I'm a little bummed that I won't be running on Sunday. I've been offered a bib for the Army Ten Miler, and I'm seriously considering it...but the child care issue is a problem.

I'm glad your kids are okay with your divorce. I know you were concerned.

P is so much fun when she's happy, but the yelling that I can't fix drives me nuts. I'm not good when I can't fix the problem and as you know with infants, sometimes you just can't tell what's wrong...or worse, there's nothing wrong other than that she's tired but refuses to sleep. One of my friends recommended "Happiest Baby on the Block" and quite frankly that has made my life SO MUCH BETTER in the last week. The hair dryer is an amazing trick to calming the baby and I gave in and bought a swing, which I'd boycotted on the grounds that they are all ugly and take up too much space. It keeps her asleep once I get her there, so I've decided to tolerate the ugly space hog. I've even baan able to snuggle with the cat!

Wow, that's got to be incredibly frustrating. I'm glad you're able to get in the upper body workouts though. At least you have something to burn off energy and keep you motivated.

I've got the Avengers Half in November. The only good thing about going back to work in two weeks is that ability to go for afternoon runs again. I was hoping to get in a run when the nanny comes next week, but apparently we're due for another round of heat. Blah. I'm ready for summer to be over. It stinks that I've spent the vast majority of my maternity leave stuck inside thanks to the stupid heat and humidity. This weekend is the Navy Air Force Half Marathon, which has been my half PR for the last two years, so I'm a little bummed that I won't be running on Sunday. I've been offered a bib for the Army Ten Miler, and I'm seriously considering it...but the child care issue is a problem.

I'm glad your kids are okay with your divorce. I know you were concerned.

P is so much fun when she's happy, but the yelling that I can't fix drives me nuts. I'm not good when I can't fix the problem and as you know with infants, sometimes you just can't tell what's wrong...or worse, there's nothing wrong other than that she's tired but refuses to sleep. One of my friends recommended "Happiest Baby on the Block" and quite frankly that has made my life SO MUCH BETTER in the last week. The hair dryer is an amazing trick to calming the baby and I gave in and bought a swing, which I'd boycotted on the grounds that they are all ugly and take up too much space. It keeps her asleep once I get her there, so I've decided to tolerate the ugly space hog. I've even baan able to snuggle with the cat!

Yes, it was very frustrating. My mood has declined over the past few weeks but it is starting to improve a bit as I can start riding the bike finally. It has to be stationary so I can't go outside yet but better than nothing. I have been riding with the boot so far but today I try with sneakers. My PT told me that it is going to hurt a lot so I'm a bit nervous.

Avengers should be fun as will be regular running again I'm sure. I'm not so sure I would do a ten miler and risk injury but you obviously know better than anyone if you're ready. Child care issues, those are always fun aren't they.

I'm not sure if the kids are OK with the divorce but they are taking it better than expected. When we finally move out we will see how well they take it.

I can't help but chuckle as I read the last paragraph, sorry. Before the first child is born all us parents have these great plans as to how things will work. It all goes out the window once that little person and their personality is born. I used to have to use the vacuum cleaner to get my oldest to sleep. I would sit there on the rocking chair and the vacuum sitting next to us just turned on for the noise. We had every contraption available for the kids. Some loved the swing, some hated the swing and liked other stuff. But, when you are tired (none of my kids slept through the night until at least 1 yr old) you do what you need to get them to sleep or to stop screaming. It can be frustrating but it's still an awesome time of their life to enjoy.

Yes, it was very frustrating. My mood has declined over the past few weeks but it is starting to improve a bit as I can start riding the bike finally. It has to be stationary so I can't go outside yet but better than nothing. I have been riding with the boot so far but today I try with sneakers. My PT told me that it is going to hurt a lot so I'm a bit nervous.
How did the bike riding go? I'm so looking forward to regular running again, but I feel a bit badly that the dog won't be getting to run. I'm going to try and find someone to watch P on weekends so I can take him out.

I can't help but chuckle as I read the last paragraph, sorry. Before the first child is born all us parents have these great plans as to how things will work. It all goes out the window once that little person and their personality is born. I used to have to use the vacuum cleaner to get my oldest to sleep. I would sit there on the rocking chair and the vacuum sitting next to us just turned on for the noise. We had every contraption available for the kids. Some loved the swing, some hated the swing and liked other stuff. But, when you are tired (none of my kids slept through the night until at least 1 yr old) you do what you need to get them to sleep or to stop screaming. It can be frustrating but it's still an awesome time of their life to enjoy.
No reason to apologize. I hear the same thing from all my parent friends. I don't expect P to sleep through the night while she's still nursing, but sleep deprivation doesn't really bother me, it's sort of a way of life for me. It's not being able to understand what's wrong when I've run out of things to consider (food, diaper, burp, too hot/cold, dog holding her head down with his paw so he can groom her...and yes, that last one actually happened this week.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!