Is this path walkable?

spiderann

Mouseketeer
im looking to stay at the Best western stovall on W Katella Ave. is it possible to walk to downtown Disney up S Disneyland drive and cutting through the Grand California parking lot around the paradise pier hotel? Google maps shows that path is walkable, but has anyone ever walked that way? Thanks for your help!

im looking to stay at the Best western stovall on W Katella Ave. is it possible to walk to downtown Disney up S Disneyland drive and cutting through the Grand California parking lot around the paradise pier hotel? Google maps shows that path is walkable, but has anyone ever walked that way? Thanks for your help!
Yes, it’s walkable. I’ve done the walk from GCH to the DLH through there.

Kind of. You can't cut through GCH. You will turn left after PPH, and cut through that parking lot to DTD security.

Kind of. You can't cut through GCH. You will turn left after PPH, and cut through that parking lot to DTD security.

This is what the map shows for a path (blue). I marked in red what I think you mean? So you can cut through GCH parking lot without issues?

Attachments

• A6D6B672-32F5-4A6C-A085-7EE812BBAB71.jpeg
    A6D6B672-32F5-4A6C-A085-7EE812BBAB71.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
This is what the map shows for a path (blue). I marked in red what I think you mean? So you can cut through GCH parking lot without issues?
The Blue path doesn't go to a security entrance. There was supposed to be a security point where the blue path went, but it never materialized. You can follow the blue path thru the GCH self parking, but will need to veer towards the end of the red path to enter security.

Aaahhhh, I wasn't aware of that! Someone had told me it was the car rental and valet parking, so I didn't know there was a more specific name for the lot.
I believe the valet for GCH is underground on the GCH side. There may be some PPH valet parking in that lot, but it's self parking for GCH.

I believe the valet for GCH is underground on the GCH side. There may be some PPH valet parking in that lot, but it's self parking for GCH.
PPH valet is in the garage behind the hotel. The lot is primarily self parking for the Grand. It did have the Alamo rentals before they left.

The Blue path doesn't go to a security entrance. There was supposed to be a security point where the blue path went, but it never materialized. You can follow the blue path thru the GCH self parking, but will need to veer towards the end of the red path to enter security.

Agree here.
The blue line (walkway) used to go through, under the monorail, and there are restrooms right there. Then they put up a partition to make a CM smoking/break area (but would still let you through). Then they closed it off for new security bubble. Now (I think), they tore it up for the hotel construction staging that was abandoned. So it's gonzo and I don't think Google can pick up on that.

Note the "half" of the hidden Mickey sidewalk in your screenshot, south of PPH. Use Satellite view for full version.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter