Is this normal - reservation quote on phone higher than internet price?

Lisa.Lisa

Entering the Disney Zone
Hi All,

Just booked our first trip to Fort Wilderness resort and was quoted a price much, much higher than what the internet per night cost is posted as. The internet site says $62 and she quoted $98. Now, she did say that it was not guaranteed and the 2010 prices are not set yet (we are going the first week of Feb 2010).

Is this normal? Did she quote the price for the current season? She said it would probably go down and that the internet posted prices are usually a average or mean price.

Just thought it was odd and I was a little concerned.

Sounds like you got two different seasons, I have made Internet reservations several times and they are the same as phone quote. I would double check your Type site and Season..

2010 prices have not been released yet. At the time of booking you are quoted the highest price. Once 2010 rates have been established ( usually sometime in August) you will get a notice with the correct rate. I just checked and online booking is not yet available for 2010....were you going by 2009 rates to come up with the difference in pricing?

Rates change all throughout the year depending on the "season" and how busy it is, so the rates right now vs Feb can be very different. Not sure what class of site you looked at, but for comparison the rack rate for a Preferred site right now is $78 weekday / $80 weekend.

I can only find 2009 February rates, but this year they were...

Value Jan 19- Feb 12 $62
President's Day Feb 13-15 $96
Peak Feb 16 - April 3 $94 weekday/$96 weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter