Is this MK schedule impossible? Possible but crazy? Or just right?

It is hard to say if this is doable without knowing what time of year you are going. Even FP queue times can be a bit long if you're touring at a busy time of year. Also I think it's great to have a plan, but 2 year olds have a way of changing plans :) I'd probably spread things out a little bit more for bathroom breaks and to not feel rushed if the 2 year old sees something fun along the way.

Extremely regimented schedule. If one part of the plan goes awry........your entire schedule will be blown. As others have said..........go with the flow more. You have FP's marked on multiple rides and some rides where you really wouldn't use a FP (Aladdin and People Mover)...........note that to use someone else's FP you'll need their MB.

I'm exhausted reading your plan. It feels like your rushing through the day,.......If you must do all this.....do a 2nd day at the MK......better shot to get "more" in. You'll never see it all in 1, 2, even 3 full days.................don't even try. Stop, look around, look up, watch the children..............enjoy the moment.

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
Our first time at MK we had a schedule like this and it definitely helped, but be prepared to either toss the schedule out the window or cut bait on certain attractions if the waits are unexpectedly high and the FP+ situation doesn't work out the way you want. The only area I would say is pushing it is the part where you leave the park for a rest. In my experience, you'll be 15-20 minutes away from the park entrance and then a boat/monorail ride back to the TTC plus a walk to your car. We've gotten to where we figure it will take almost an hour to reach our car when we are ready to leave MK. You won't have a ton of time at the hotel and after a day like you've got, there's a high likelihood that everyone will crash once you get there. I'm certainly not trying to discourage you from the plan, as we've had days that were even more full than the one you've got planned, just making sure you know it can go awry. Good luck! :D

The Small World > Cosmic Ray's > People Mover > Big Thunder part is not efficient. That running back and forth across the park will take a toll.

In general, I'd say you're not leaving enough time in between or during your attractions. We go during a slow time and even with the lower crowds; I'd say you're still not leaving enough time. You have to figure, walking/transportation time from one attraction/park to another/resort, waiting to ride, the ride time itself and also things like bathroom breaks, etc. I wouldn't even bother going back to Cornado and I'd just go straight to Poly if that's what you're wanting to do that night, because even if you're on the Pirates at 4:40, by the time you get off, walk out of the park, transport back to your car etc., you're probably not reaching your resort til close to 6 and an hour is just not worth it to me. I'd just head to Poly and relax on the beach or take a trip or 2 around the monorail to relax a little.

Also, I agree with previous poster who said rider swap takes a good amount longer than you would think.

Last edited:
So can anyone explain to me how 11 (FP's) are even possible? I have always felt really lucky to get #4. I also agree that things just take longer. Especially when you have to find your stroller in the stroller parking. If this is your first trip with a child, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. #1 never, ever let them get hungry. Have snacks available at all times, in line, in the stroller, while waiting for a meal. Feed them ALL the time. #2. it is better to leave 10 minutes too early than stay 10 minutes too long!! RD to 8pm is a LONG time for a 2 year old at the pace you have outlined above. To answer your original question, I will put this as written as impossible, if you want it to be fun at all.

I' also really curious as to how you can get so many FPs. Is there some kind of strategy that you have? I've only ever planned for 3 per day and then winged the others from there. Also, how is it that your FPs are so close together? You cannot have 2 in the same hour window.

Having traveled with a 2 year old...this plan seems very overwhelming. Your little one will likely crash midday. I'd prioritize your "must do" attractions and let everything else go with the flow.

Hello fellow Disney friends,
I was wondering if, based on your experience, the following schedule would be possible and, if so, would it be absolutely crazy running from ride to ride? Please note that nearly every ride is noted as by fast pass, except for the very early part of the day at rope drop, due to extra FP granted by Disney cast members in guest relations and use of magic bands from member's of our party who are not interested in riding many rides. I also added extra time for the rides being done through parent rider switch or longer attractions such as It's a Small World. I would love any feedback so I can maximize our day.
Thank you in advance!

8:00 BOG breakfast reservation
8:40 Carousel (if running by this time...I have heard conflicting reports; otherwise will cut)
8:55 Peter Pan
9:10 Winnie the Pooh ride
9:25 Under the Sea
9:40 Meet Daisy and Minnie (FP)
10:05 Dumbo (FP)
10:20 7 Dwarves Mine Train (FP - rider switch)
10:45 Break and snack at Gaston’s
11:15 Enchanted Tales with Belle (FP)
11:45 It’s a Small World (FP)
12:15 Lunch – Cosmic Rays
1:15 Peoplemover (FP)
1:50 Thunder Mountain (FP - rider switch)
2:20 Country Bear Jamboree
Wait for parade in Frontierland
3:00 Parade in Frontierland
3:30 Aladdin (FP)
3:45 Enchanted Tiki Room (FP)
4:15 Jungle Cruise (FP)
4:40 Pirates of the Caribbean (FP)
Leave park and return by car to Coronado Springs Resort
Rest and room service at hotel
7:00 Leave Coronado and drive to Polynesian Resort
8:00 Watch Wishes fireworks show from Polynesian Resort beach

TIA!!!
You and your 2 year old will be crying before noon.

Without knowing the time of year it is harder but if it is at all warm outside know that will slow everyone down quite a bit. Crowds and just navigating the park can take significantly longer during parts of the year.

I tried to do a lot with a toddler at WDW - I am not sure who cried more during the day - me or my son. Have you ever been to WDW before - it can be overwhelming. We learned REAL quick that with little ones you absolutely HAVE to go at their schedule. If you don't you all will pay a price. What happens when they see a character they want to visit or when they decide they want to ride IASM multiple times in a row? Not to mention snack and bathroom breaks, time to watch the ducks, play in water fountains, etc.. It really is best to pick a handful of must-do items and plan for those but consider everything else gravy. You and your family will have a much better trip that way.

Looks like a lot of back and forth-- I also agree with the PP and Carousal swap. PP should be first
whats the age group of your party? im guessing younguns because you said rider swap
what month is this for? I dont think circus characters have FP ( i have not ever seen a line for FP people) a lot of FP choices. you can get three and get more after the initial 3

One thing to think about is you won't need fastpasses in Fantasyland before 10:00/10:30 a.m. aside from Mine Train. The other thing to think about is how much back and forth you want to do, even within the lands. For example, we usually go around Fantasyland in a circle starting at Peter Pan, then IaSW, then either go toward Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, etc. and around to Ariel's ride and Enchanted Tales with Belle, or the opposite (go to Enchanted Tales with Belle, Arielle, Dumbo, etc.). It may not seem like a big difference but with all the walking you'll do over the course of the day, every little bit helps - especially since you have all kinds of extra FP+ anyway so I assume you can pretty much ride whatever you want, when you want. Similarly you're crossing back across the park to eat at Cosmic Rays and do the Peoplemover and then going back across the park to Frontierland. If you change things up and go Peter Pan, It's a small world, Enchanted Tales with belle, Ariel, Meet Minnie and Daisy, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, then you are right next to Cosmic Rays, could eat there, then do the people mover, then head across the park to Frontierland....after lunch the little one may even crash for a little nap in the stroller as you make your way across the park. Good luck with your planning!

Hello fellow Disney friends,

8:00 BOG breakfast reservation
8:40 Carousel (if running by this time...I have heard conflicting reports; otherwise will cut)
8:55 Peter Pan
9:10 Winnie the Pooh ride
9:25 Under the Sea
9:40 Meet Daisy and Minnie (FP)
10:05 Dumbo (FP)
10:20 7 Dwarves Mine Train (FP - rider switch)
10:45 Break and snack at Gaston’s
11:15 Enchanted Tales with Belle (FP)
11:45 It’s a Small World (FP)
12:15 Lunch – Cosmic Rays
1:15 Peoplemover (FP)
1:50 Thunder Mountain (FP - rider switch)
Wait for parade in Frontierland
3:00 Parade in Frontierland
3:30 Aladdin (FP)
3:45 Enchanted Tiki Room (FP)
4:15 Jungle Cruise (FP)
4:40 Pirates of the Caribbean (FP)
Leave park and return by car to Coronado Springs Resort
Rest and room service at hotel
7:00 Leave Coronado and drive to Polynesian Resort
8:00 Watch Wishes fireworks show from Polynesian Resort beach

TIA!!!

I think you need more time between rides. Just walking from one ride to another will take longer than you expect, and even if there is a 5 minute wait for a ride, sometimes it takes longer to get onto the ride and off the ride and down the exit ramp than you expect. I walk fairly quickly, and I don't think I could ride Winnie the Pooh starting at 9:10 and get to the Little Mermaid ride by 9:25, much less walking with young children. Also, if you're eating at BOG with one eye on the clock, how much are you going to enjoy your breakfast? What if a child wants to stop and look at something there?

So can anyone explain to me how 11 (FP's) are even possible? I have always felt really lucky to get #4. I also agree that things just take longer. Especially when you have to find your stroller in the stroller parking. If this is your first trip with a child, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. #1 never, ever let them get hungry. Have snacks available at all times, in line, in the stroller, while waiting for a meal. Feed them ALL the time. #2. it is better to leave 10 minutes too early than stay 10 minutes too long!! RD to 8pm is a LONG time for a 2 year old at the pace you have outlined above. To answer your original question, I will put this as written as impossible, if you want it to be fun at all.

I was able to get extra fast passes awarded to me by pure luck when speaking with a Castmember on the phone about concerns about not being able to schedule FP ahead of time because I need to wait until I am there in person to upgrade and therefore can't schedule FP in advance. The CM said, though, that I would still get my regular 3 so that is 6 per person thus far. Then, since my daughter is 2 and doesn't need to use her magic band though she received the same three extra FP and can get 3 same day FPs at the kiosks, we can use them. We also have two phantom bands (see the LONG thread about SDFP) from our current resort stay that will give us 3 additional SDFP each. So basically, all together for my family of "two" (since my two year old doesn't count in terms of needing a FP) we have 24 FP which equates to 12 apiece.

Thanks everyone for the advice!!! I really appreciate it and have taken it into consideration. How does the following look as an adjusted schedule (hopefully a slower pace and more feasible with more time in between rides; I realize I am missing some classics but wanted to get a good mix of repeats that she loves and also some new ones she's never ridden). [Even with this plan, I am aware things change and despite my obsessive planning, am fairly flexible about moving things around or skipping things the day of if that is everyone's mood].

8:00 BOG reservations
Peter Pan ONLY if they allow us to start riding before park opens, if not skip (I've seen threads that mention this can go either way)
9:00 It's a Small World
9:25 Carrousel
9:45 Seven Dwarves Mine Train (with parent swap)
10:25 Winnie the Pooh (one parent will take her if the parent swap from Mine Train takes too long)
10:45 Enchanted Tales with Belle
11:30 Gaston's Tavern for snack and rest
12:10 Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
12:35 Meet Minnie and Daisy at the Big Top
1:00 Dumbo
1:20 Cosmic Rays for lunch
Find spot to relax and wait for parade
3:00 Parade
3:20 Aladdin
3:40 Jungle Cruise
[OPTIONALS to add if running ahead of schedule - Philharmagic, Buzz Lightyear, Peoplemover, Pirates or Caribbean, Tiki Room, Splash/Thunder Mountain (for parents)]
Head back to hotel (Coronado Springs) to rest, order room service for dinner, change
7:10 Drive to Polynesian Resort to watch Wishes from the beach

Would love some feedback on this new schedule! Thanks!

Still not knowing what time of year you are going, I'm going to say Dumbo could be a problem. Can you FP that? I remember those lines being soooooo long when the kids were little. Even with a FP, I'm not sure if you'll e done in 20 minutes, but since you're only getting to Cosmic Ray's after that, I think you'll be okay if Dumbo runs longer than planned.

With a 2 year old, it seems like sitting for lunch, then sitting through Country Bear Jamboree, then waiting for parade, then watching parade may not have enough action (unless she naps then?). Maybe build in a way for her to move/run around a bit?

Your revised plan seems like a much better plan!

You are not leaving enough time for an afternoon break and dinner before Wishes. Takes a while to get out of the park and into the parking lot and the drive back to CSR. That's a long day even for an adult.

Just got back from our trip and it was totally awesome! By using magic bands/fastpasses to our advantage, in addition to using parent swap wisely and having PPO breakfast reservations, we rode/experienced 16 attractions plus the parade between just 9:00 and 4:30 (inc. a 60
minute stop for lunch) with adequate breaks, stopping to take pictures, etc. Was an awesome day and didn't wait more than 5 minutes for anything!!!!

Our fantastic day at Magic Kingdom with a moderate level crowd on a Sunday:

8:00 Be Our Guest breakfast
8:45 Booked fastpasses at kiosks for bands that we couldn't book ahead of time
9:02 Peter Pan (optional add in because it was sooo empty; two min to walk the long queue but no actual waiting)
9:07 It's a Small World
9:30 Seven Dwarves alternating with parent swap (daughter rode Carousel and Pooh with the parent who wasn't on Dwarves at that time)
9:55 Philharmagic (an optional add in because we were ahead of shedule)
Forget exact times here but between 10:15 and 11:30:
Enchanted Tales with Bell
Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
Dumbo
11:45-12:45 Lunch at Cosmic Rays
At this point our daughter fell asleep so my husband and I walked her around a bit in stroller, grabbed some ice cream, and took turns riding Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain.
2:00 Sat down in some shade to let her sleep more but in a good parade spot. Husband did shooting arcade in the meantime.
2:30 Daughter woke up and we rode Aladdin and grabbed some popcorn before the parade started while my husband guarded our parade spot
3:15 Country Bear Jamboree (a little bit of a delay here as they waited for the room to fill up after the parade before starting the show)
3:45 Pirates of the Caribbean
4:05 Jungle Cruise
Walked out of the park and back to resort to rest and eat before returning to watch the Wishes fireworks show on the beach at Polynesian at 8:00.
Perfect day! I may be a crazy planner before the trip starts but it definitely pays off with tons of attractions and minimal waiting!

Ur plan exhausts me lol.

It seems like ur amt of time may not be reasonable for being on line, riding the ride, and getting to the next.

Doing a commando type trip like this takes lots of energy... be prepared for Blips..try n go with the flow.
And
Be prepared to take a vacation
From ur Disney vacation.

In all seriousness tho...have an awesome time!!
Added....
You did it.. wow, good for u!!!

Just got back from our trip and it was totally awesome! By using magic bands/fastpasses to our advantage, in addition to using parent swap wisely and having PPO breakfast reservations, we rode/experienced 16 attractions plus the parade between just 9:00 and 4:30 (inc. a 60
minute stop for lunch) with adequate breaks, stopping to take pictures, etc. Was an awesome day and didn't wait more than 5 minutes for anything!!!!

Our fantastic day at Magic Kingdom with a moderate level crowd on a Sunday:

8:00 Be Our Guest breakfast
8:45 Booked fastpasses at kiosks for bands that we couldn't book ahead of time
9:02 Peter Pan (optional add in because it was sooo empty; two min to walk the long queue but no actual waiting)
9:07 It's a Small World
9:30 Seven Dwarves alternating with parent swap (daughter rode Carousel and Pooh with the parent who wasn't on Dwarves at that time)
9:55 Philharmagic (an optional add in because we were ahead of shedule)
Forget exact times here but between 10:15 and 11:30:
Enchanted Tales with Bell
Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
Dumbo
11:45-12:45 Lunch at Cosmic Rays
At this point our daughter fell asleep so my husband and I walked her around a bit in stroller, grabbed some ice cream, and took turns riding Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain.
2:00 Sat down in some shade to let her sleep more but in a good parade spot. Husband did shooting arcade in the meantime.
2:30 Daughter woke up and we rode Aladdin and grabbed some popcorn before the parade started while my husband guarded our parade spot
3:15 Country Bear Jamboree (a little bit of a delay here as they waited for the room to fill up after the parade before starting the show)
3:45 Pirates of the Caribbean
4:05 Jungle Cruise
Walked out of the park and back to resort to rest and eat before returning to watch the Wishes fireworks show on the beach at Polynesian at 8:00.
Perfect day! I may be a crazy planner before the trip starts but it definitely pays off with tons of attractions and minimal waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter