is this best deal/

mikewdw

wdw coach
we plan on 1st week of june with 5 night 6 day tickets with park hopper option. we also like the dining package as we love to eat at wdw.
is the package from wdw the best way to go or is there a cheaper way?
not a member of AAA and probably wont go back for a year or two.

thanks,
mikewdw

what resort are you planning to stay at? That will make a difference in determining if it's worth it to join AAA or to use a different plan like buying 1 AP and using AP discount.

Sorry I kept forgetting to come back to this, Mike! In your case I would say that, as of now, you are probably better off with the package at rack rate.

To get an AP, you would be spending $184.25 more than what you would spend for the 6 day park hoppers you have in the package. Having the AP would save you $223 on your room (tax savings is included) so your overall savings with 1 AP would be $38.75 BUT you wouldn't be getting any dining discounts. The savings isn't even enough to cover the cost of your DDE card. If you like to eat at WDW as you mentioned, I would bet you will save more than $39 by making good use of the meal plan.

So for you, I'd say sticking with a rack rate package is still the best deal unless another code comes out.

If you were staying at a moderate resort for 7 nights rather than 5 nights, then you would save more with the AP but for 5 nights it's not the best bet.

Hope that makes sense!

thanks lolli,
that is a big help.
where can i find the info on how much AP helps with discounts? its something we might need to look into for the future.
thanks again,
mikewdw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter