Is there anyone out there who loves the Port Orleans as much as I do?

It's really good to hear some great things about POR. We'll be there for the first time in about 5 weeks. If you've read any of my past threads; I've been flip-flopping on trying POR or going with the one I know I love(POP). I've definately decided to stay with POR. And just keep my fingers crossed that the busses aren't as bad as everyone says they are.

binky said:
No.....such a GOOD husband! Your wife will love POFQ! By the way, is it just the 2 of you or kids, too? POFQ is great for couples or families, but if it was just my DH and me, I would definitely choose POFQ over ASMu! Have a great trip :goodvibes

Just the two of us. :love:

My youngest daughter and I stayed at Dixie Landings when we went for a long
weekend for some "special time". We've been back since it's been changed to
POR. It's just wonderful. She still calls it DL and refuses to let anyone else in
the family stay there. It's just for us. Man, these kids are selfish! ;)

DH & I stayed at Dixie Landings back in 1998 and fell in love with it. We stayed in Alligator Bayou and felt like we were really home! Every trip we've taken since then has been with a smaller budget so we've stayed at value resorts. We're going back to WDW next November to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we're booked to stay at POR in Alligator Bayou again. We just can't wait!!! :hourglass

So nice to read such positive comments about POR. We are staying there in June, our first trip onsite. We are getting so excited. If you have pictures to post, I would like to see them. Thanx :wave:

:love: :love:

I LOVE, love POR. We've been staying there since it was DL and even though we have been BCV owners for several years now, no trip is complete without a stay there!

I'll be there in 16 days for 2 nights! Can't wait to stroll through the gorgeous landscaping holding hands with my honey!!! I think this time we will try a carriage ride also!

:love: :love: :love:

mickman1962, great pixs! I am going to run the slideshow for the family after dinner tonight. Thanx again. :wave2:

Dixie Landings was the first hotel we stayed at on Disney Property many years ago. POR has managed to keep most of the charm of this resort and I still consider this property to be the best hotel value at Disney. My family have stayed at the WL, Poly, POFQ and All Star resorts over the years, but POR still holds a special place in our hearts.

Bill :goodvibes :goodvibes

I thought POR was nice, but last week I was very relieved that we went to CSR instead. Leaving the parks at night we would get in our bus line with a dozen or so other people, and see 10X as many (no joke) in the POR/FQ line. People around us would be asking "Which resort is that? I'm glad we didn't stay there!" It is pretty, but far too spread out and maze-like for us.

I have been there twice and just loved it! I love the landscaping, the boat to DTD, Boatwrights, the walk to POFQ, the people. I love the the lushness of it. So far it comes in a close second to POLY - and POLY only because of the fireworks from the beach! Am trying CSR this time - and am hoping for good things. The reviews seem great....

DiszyDeanette said:
I thought POR was nice, but last week I was very relieved that we went to CSR instead. Leaving the parks at night we would get in our bus line with a dozen or so other people, and see 10X as many (no joke) in the POR/FQ line. People around us would be asking "Which resort is that? I'm glad we didn't stay there!" It is pretty, but far too spread out and maze-like for us.

We were in those lines :) We would look longingly at the short lines at what seemed like all of the other resorts!!! They even had extra rope put up to accomodate the longer lines. I just don't understand why Disney hasn't done better with the transportation at POR :confused3 . This was probably my biggest complaint about this resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter