Is there anyone out there who loves the Port Orleans as much as I do?

disneyworldluvr349

Disney World CM!
I just lovePort Orleans Riverside.I know every place inside the hotel yet every time I go I find new and much more beautiful things
I mean I went to the hotel when it was Dixie Landings!I have a cup from when I was there, it had more of a Splash Mountain thing on it so it was a lot cuter. I am pretty much an expert at hotels and which ones our best becuase I have been into the Poly, AKL, Contemporary, POP, and many more. Lately we have just fallen in love with the beauty of this hotel. As soon as you stp into it you feel so serene and happy. I just love spending my nights in the private pool messing around with my family. There is no better way to end the day in my opion (besides the wonderful night spectaculars of course!) :) I just wanted to know how many Dis people love this hotel as much as I do!Let me why to!

Yours truely,
Disney Princess (or Robin)

:wizard:

We stayed there in 8/05 and are returning in 8/07. We love :love: POR! It is so peaceful and tranquil! It's a great place to return to when you want to unwind from the parks.

Its funny that you posted this.

Just the other day I was saying to DH how I loved the POR. We were there last October. I was remembering the beautiful walks around the lake, the blast that we has seeing Bob and the great King bed rooms.

We can't wait to go back!!!!

We stayed once when it was Dixie Landings and again this August. We love Port Orleans Riverside, so pretty. We haven't stayed at the French Quarter but would like to stay there sometime too.

We have stayed in AB and in the Mansion sections. We love how peaceful and quite the resort seems to be even when it is full of resort guests. We also really enjoy the boat rides to DTD.

I fell in love with Port Orleans Riverside (specifically Alligator Bayou) this past March. When we went to Disney this August I was staying at Old Key West and one day I just went to Riverside to walk around because I missed it. I really can't explain it, but it is just so tranquil and lush. It is definitely full of Disney magic. Here are some of my favorite pictures from our trip, hopefully fellow Riverside lovers will appreciate them:

IMGP1499.jpg

IMGP1494.jpg

IMGP1495.jpg

IMGP1423.jpg

No offense - but POR stressed me out. It was dark at night, the winding paths made it difficult for me to find anything day or night, and the housekeeping was terrible. Each time I left the room (July) my glasses fogged making it even more difficult to see. We were also given the furthest room possible from the food court. Bummer.

However, the very best & kindest people we ever met were at POR. Their food court is excellent. So - yes, it does have some things I do like.

Hi
We loved the POR! It was so relaxing. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Our room was in building 39, 2nd floor, across from a quiet pool. Great location.

DH will not stay at another resort. He is willing to visit them/dine at them, but not stay at them. He loves everything about Riverside; the theming, food court, boatride to DTD, walk to our room whether in the mansions or bayou although he prefers bayou.

We've been to the All-Stars and every moderate resort so far. The first moderate we tried was Dixie Landings, and after staying there every other resort was a letdown. You can't beat it for sheer beauty, themeing and landscaping ... POR will always be our favorite!

We loved POR when we stayed there, and plan on returning. My kids loved the pool, playground, and we loved the hot tub.

The food court was perfect. Never too crowded and had a good selection.

We are trying all the mods before we pick a family favorite, but so far POR is in the lead.

I thought I had made my mind up about staying at All Star Music, (I asked soooo many questions on these boards to help me with my decision.) But then, I woke up one morning a few weeks ago and decided to upgrade to a mod. The next question: which one? The only resort we ever stayed at was CBR. We both liked it (DW and I) except for one thing ... it was too spread out. We had a nice location, but it was still too spread out for our taste. I was very close to booking CSR, I think more people on the DIS recommend that mod than any other. We ate there for lunch one day and loved it. But I think it is still too spread out for us. So, I chose POFQ. DW knows nothing about this upgrade. She still thinks we are staying at ASMu. I am going to surprise when we arrive there, "Didn't I tell you I changed resorts?" She saw it on the plannind DVD and said she wanted to stay there, but I told her it was too much money. Lying to my wife ... I am such a bad husband. :guilty:

Don't tell my husband, :ssst: but I think Port Orleans Riverside is nicer than Beach Club - at least for my taste - it's a little less stuffy, and more beautiful. But we bought at Beach Club Villas for the location, which is our first priority (and it is very nice). My favorite resort to date though, is Port Orleans Riverside. :blush:

We stayed at POR Riverside in 2005 and totally enjoyed the stay. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

we haven't stayed port orleans riverside in 4 years since we were trying out other resorts. we will be back at POR Nov 26 for 5 nights and i can't wait to see it again!

Corwin12 said:
I thought I had made my mind up about staying at All Star Music, (I asked soooo many questions on these boards to help me with my decision.) But then, I woke up one morning a few weeks ago and decided to upgrade to a mod. The next question: which one? The only resort we ever stayed at was CBR. We both liked it (DW and I) except for one thing ... it was too spread out. We had a nice location, but it was still too spread out for our taste. I was very close to booking CSR, I think more people on the DIS recommend that mod than any other. We ate there for lunch one day and loved it. But I think it is still too spread out for us. So, I chose POFQ. DW knows nothing about this upgrade. She still thinks we are staying at ASMu. I am going to surprise when we arrive there, "Didn't I tell you I changed resorts?" She saw it on the plannind DVD and said she wanted to stay there, but I told her it was too much money. Lying to my wife ... I am such a bad husband. :guilty:

No.....such a GOOD husband! Your wife will love POFQ! By the way, is it just the 2 of you or kids, too? POFQ is great for couples or families, but if it was just my DH and me, I would definitely choose POFQ over ASMu! Have a great trip :goodvibes

I DO. WE have stayed there almost evety visit! We jsut keep going back. We tried WL love it , BC and YC, and OKW and loved them. But somehow we always end up at POR. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Though we have only stayed at 3 resorts, POR has been our favorite. We will be there in Jan. '07. Would like to try WL sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!