Is there a way to do this cheaper?

Motsy

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! My family and I are going to Disney in January (1/29 - 2/8) for our annual trip home. Typically we get the SPD discount to help offset the cost of food, but, let's face it, SPD was a big flop this year. I ended up keeping our reservations at Pop even though there wasn't any availability there for SPD and just did the room only discount. The amount it saved us is very underwhelming, so I'm considering other options. I really want to be onsite, but it's so discouraging knowing that we could have the exact same dining options and tickets at Bonnet Creek for $1,000 cheaper. I know it's not the same as being onsite. Trust me, I get that. But $1,000 is a lot. However, I'd hate to lose our extra 30 days for booking FP. So, I'm curious about people who book with extra discounts at Hotwire or similar sites. How does this work?

Mousesavers explains it in great detail here. You might also want to check out Orbitz/Expedia/Cheaptickets or look at those through Trivago to see if you can save some money. Please note, however, if you do decide to go through those routes, you will have to pay the full amount then and there. If you have to make any changes, you have to contact the website you booked through as Disney will consider them your 'travel agent'. I've heard reports in the past that Orbitz will often charge for children when Disney doesn't so you would have to call to get them added after the fact.

I would certainly play around with it and if you can pay for it right now, you're going to save some money. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter