Is the water at WDW that terrible?

I drink the water at the hotel and water fountains - no problem- but I have come accross a few fountains that seemed more sulfury than others- and I just avoid them. We are on well water here- Our drinking water is filtered with reverse osmosis (Dansani is tap water treated with reverse osmosis) so I brush my teeth with well water at home- that may be why I am more tolerant of FL water.

englishteacha said:
Now, I drink water ALL the time. We have great tasting water at home so I never buy water. On our last trip to WDW in 2002, we never bought water and I honestly don't remember the water tasting bad. Did I block it out of my memory or is it OK? I don't want to carry a water bottle with me, but I will if the water is truly as terrible as everyone says.
I think paying for water is a marketing scam - JMHO, no flames please.

We drink tap water all the time at home and anywhere we go (except for certain foreign destinations for safety reasons, not taste). We have never had any problem. I had never heard of anyone complain about the water at Disney until I found these boards. And for many, many years, bottled water wasn't even sold in the parks. Only when the bottled water craze started spreading did Disney latch on to the opportunity to sell horribly overpriced water, just like the rest of the country.

I can hardly stomach it to brush my teeth. I only drink bottled water at WDW. I have a well at home so that may skew my opinion.

aka-mad4themouse said:
A 24 oz. bottle is $2.00. That's pretty much what you would expect to pay at any theme park here in the Northeast (sometimes even more!). You certainly can get it cheaper by purchasing a case at a grocery store or having one shipped to you at your resort.

The water in Disney upsets my stomach. Even adding flavoring like Crystal Light doesn't help. There's soemthing in the water than doesn't agree with me. So I carry a Brita Fill & Go bottle. I get ice water at any refreshment stand and refill my bottle when I need it. I drink a lot of water every day and really need it in Disney. Buying a filtered bottle was one of my best investments!

2.00 a bottle isnt that bad its only 70 cents more than at the regular store. Maybe I'll get lucky and the fountain water wont be so bad while I am there :teeth:

lol ya think disneys water is bad ya should chedk out the foutain of youth!! talk about gagging!

Amy

I was talking to my boyfriends sister today and she was telling me that her mom told her not to drink the water in Disney. She said it is fine to shower in and brush your teeth in but when she drank it she became sick...I think I will stick to buying the Dasani water :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter