Is the water at WDW that terrible?

englishteacha

Have courage and be kind.
Now, I drink water ALL the time. We have great tasting water at home so I never buy water. On our last trip to WDW in 2002, we never bought water and I honestly don't remember the water tasting bad. Did I block it out of my memory or is it OK? I don't want to carry a water bottle with me, but I will if the water is truly as terrible as everyone says.

I think it's pretty hideous. I can't choke it down. I can barely get through brushing my teeth! :crazy2:

Others can tolerate it. I guess you'll probably just have to try it when you get there.

My family thinks its fine. :confused3 I just wish it was colder coming out of the fountains.

Maggie

If your home water has sulfer in it then you are probably ok, But, if you have crystal clear mineral free water you will diffinately notice a big difference!!

Most people either buy a case offsite at Walmart
or
they bring a case from home or send it to their resort via UPS
or
if the water only mildly bothers you, there are flavor packets for water bottles that you can add to the to the water. Some are tubes by Kool-Ade, some are sugar free or tea at walmart for $1.79 also walmart sells the tub type like Crystal Light

or others use filter bottels
http://www.waterfilters.net/culligan/waterbottles/SB-3.htm
or
https://oxygen.biznetis.net/store.asp?custid=18

but if the water tastes bad remember that the ice is made from the same water and Will make soft drinks taste bad!!

It depends on where you get the water. Florida building codes require all new construction and any major remodeling to include water filtration systems. Some of the hotels and restaurants on WDW property have the filtration systems and I have no problem with the water. The drinking fountains in the parks are not filtered and taste pretty bad.

I have the filtration system in my home and I don't have a problem with Florida water. If I go out to an older restaurant, I always get my drinks without ice because the water in the ice makes the drinks taste bad.

I don't really care for the water, but do not like the brand they carry in the parks (Zepher I believe). :banana:

I think the bottled water they have in the parks is the kind that's not spring water.

Our family will drink the water if we have to -and we do drink it in the restaurants..IMHO, it doesn't taste as bad when it's cold. But it does have an odor.

Part of the reason we bring water, is that when you walk around all day, you really need to keep hydrated to feel well. You put your body into a bit of a stressful situation - airplane germs, travel worries, new climate, exercise, etc. So the better you stay hydrated, the better your body will handle everything.

In addition to Walmart, lots of people also shop at Publix grocery stores, Walgreens (they're everywhere down there), and you can have water delivered for free if you join the Staples club.

I think it is DISGUSTING!!! We went to Ohana's one night and while we were there I walked around with DD. We were looking at the water fall in the center of the Poly and I got a whiff of that water and I got sick to my stomach. I tried to drink it one night and about vomited, so I had to carry the bottle water everywhere. I could not brush my teeth with the sink water.

All of this being said....My parents have well water and I cannot drink it either or I will end up in "My OFFICE" for a while... :sick:

I would bring some water just in case!!!

I don't have a problem with Disney water. It's not the world's best, but it's not that bad, either. As a reference - at home we drink deep well/aquifer water that's been judged among the best tasting in the state.

Almost all water in most of Florida has at least a minor whiff of sulpher. I think that's what probably puts a lot of people off. It's not limited to WDW.

DisFlan

Totally gross. I don't even think that Crystal Light would make it taste better. I always get bottled water...I even use it to brush my teeth.

Oh gosh I think its disgusting! I dont have crystal clear water here but ugh WDW water is just down right gross. Even the Brita water filter bottle didnt even help for me.

I agree with the "eeeewwwww!" folks! I hate WDW water! We use our Brita bottle, when we're there, also for our hotel, we don't drink the water otherwise, I've noticed that certain fountains taste worse than others, but mostly :rolleyes2 the Brita works ok- though my Mom still hates it even with that....

DisFlan said:
I don't have a problem with Disney water. It's not the world's best, but it's not that bad, either. As a reference - at home we drink deep well/aquifer water that's been judged among the best tasting in the state.

Almost all water in most of Florida has at least a minor whiff of sulpher. I think that's what probably puts a lot of people off. It's not limited to WDW.

DisFlan

It is not just Disney water or just FL water ....We used to live in Myrtle Beach and during the off season the water tasted fine, but once tourist season came around ohhhh it was nasty. It even left my skin slimy feeling after a shower. Maybe it has something to do with being so close to the ocean...WHO KNOWS???

We are big water drinkers.The water at the Parks and hotels is just fine.
We in the Akron,Ohio area had moldy swamp tasting water for a while....even soda fountain pop was tainted!

4 mo 15 days til my next wdw trip

My vote is for BAD!

We stayed in the campground and it was bad. The water and the ice they make from the water!

We were dieing of thirst, stupid me stood at the sink running the water waiting for it to get cold like it does from the well here in Pa. DH informed me that we were in Florida and the water does not get cold there!

I wasn't using the Brita pitcher at that time. I hope they work the next time. We plan on taking lots of water with us next time.

:tink:

If I decide to bring in a water bottle, can it be in a Nalgene or opened sport bottle? I've been to many parks where you can't bring in an opened bottle of water. If we end up buying water, I'd rather bring my trusty Nalgene and fill it from a gallon jug than buy the bottles at the store. It's cheaper, too. :)

I drink tap water at home all the time and didn't find the water at WDW to taste any differently. We got 2 bottled waters and refilled them from the tap in our hotel and noone in our family noticed anything bad about the water. We also had ice water at the fish place at Epcot which was very good tasting also, even tho we got a hassle for not buying bottled there. We didn't drink or fill our water from drinking fountains so I can't comment on those which may be different.

Calie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter