Is the Fantasy heading to France

Ugh! Worst cruise ever -aft-facing deck 5 on the Fantasy! Hope they fix it but won't be trying THAT again!

Same for us, and it was our first time on the Fantasy(we had been on the Msgic and Wonder before). I was ready to jump overboard, the vibration was so bad in our cabin. We've done 2 more cruises on the Fantasy since then, both mid-ship. I will never sail aft on the Fantasy.

Same for us, and it was our first time on the Fantasy(we had been on the Msgic and Wonder before). I was ready to jump overboard, the vibration was so bad in our cabin. We've done 2 more cruises on the Fantasy since then, both mid-ship. I will never sail aft on the Fantasy.

Fantasy is our favorite ship but never aft again, not even for free! :-)

She's probably much further along than that map indicates, since she's out of range of the shore based AIS stations her actual position can't be reported, I'm sure sometime in a week or so when she gets close to the coast of France she'll pop back up there. Although I'm a little surprised the Trans Atlantic crossing on the Magic usually takes around 11 days, maybe they're going at a slower speed due to the vibration issue so it will take her longer to arrive in Brest. We'll see.

So how does that work? Can the crew get off with the whole Covid thing? Do they have to stay onboard during dry dock? Will they let crew stay onboard during a dry dock?

So how does that work? Can the crew get off with the whole Covid thing? Do they have to stay onboard during dry dock? Will they let crew stay onboard during a dry dock?
I believe there will be some crew repatriation once they arrive, but the bulk of the remaining crew are mostly operations and engineering, who will be needed to assist in the work in the dry dock and I believe they will remain on the ship during the time she's there. Dry docks are typically a "fast and furious" ALL hands on the job situation, they try to get as much work done in the time they're there, especially any work needed to be done to the hull, mechanical equipment on the exterior of the ship such as the props and shafts.

She's probably much further along than that map indicates, since she's out of range of the shore based AIS stations her actual position can't be reported, I'm sure sometime in a week or so when she gets close to the coast of France she'll pop back up there. Although I'm a little surprised the Trans Atlantic crossing on the Magic usually takes around 11 days, maybe they're going at a slower speed due to the vibration issue so it will take her longer to arrive in Brest. We'll see.
Although the Magic TA crossings take 11 or more days, the actual time to cross the pond only takes 6 to 7 days. The rest of the time is spent in various ports. For example, the September 2021 WBTA is scheduled as an 11 night cruise from Dover to NY. However, there are three port stops along the way and seven sea days. The first sea day is spent sailing from Dover into the Bay of Biscay where it makes two stops along the Spanish coast. Then it spends another five sea days getting from Spain to Bermuda, a day in port, and one more sea day from Bermuda to NY. So in practice, two of the seven sea days are spent sailing from Dover to the Bay of Biscay and then backtracking enroute to Bermuda.

I think cruisemapper is using Sat nav for their position. The screen shot I originally put up has different lat/lon numbers than when you look at it live. Marine traffic is using ASI.
Maybe @truck1 can jump in on this discrepancy. I see it traveling about 12 kts

As an aside, I was messing around on the Chantiers de l'Atlantique website and came across this:

It seems incredibly cool, I wonder if they'll actually get to build one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter