Is the Disney Cruise a good idead for a Honeymoon?!

collegeprogram01

Mouseketeer
My Fiance and I are toying around with the idea of doing the 5 night cruise to the bahamas and 5 nights at the parks when we get back. We both love disey but never been on the cruise.

It looks like it would be a lot of fun!

For those that been on the cruise would this be a good trip for a Honeymoon?!

Thanks!!!

It would be a fantastic honeymoon!!

You could book the 'couples massage' or the private spa place with the hot tub on the veranda .. forgive me, I'm neither romantic nor into spa's so I don't know the whole details!! :confused3

Lovely idea and great to compliment it with the parks too ... like chalk and cheese but both great! :cool1:

Congratulations on your impending wedding :)

We're doing it :thumbsup2
Originally we were going to go to New York as this can be done as a short break, we wouldn't leave our boys for more than a few days. However we both decided we wanted to do something special and share it with the kids.
So we're booked on the Fantasy's Western Caribbean next September :)

IMHO the Disney cruise ship is not an ideal cruise for Honeymooners. There are two other cruiselines that you can take out of Port Canaveral and are much better for two persons in love. There are more things to do on the Carnival Dream or the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas. To be very frank, those cruiselines are better set up for honeymooners than the DCL which is more a family and kids cruise venue. There are also less kids at the pools with the pool areas being better planned on the non-Disney ships. You can probably get two extra days of cruising for the same price that you would pay for 5 days on the DCL.

You might consider 3 days in the park and 7 days on a cruise. I mention cruise, a great choice for honeymooners, because it provides much more intimacy and just together times without a lot of crowds to fight and walking to do. My first cruise was a honeymoon cruise on a very small ship, compared to what they have nowadays, and it was the right choice.

We did our honeymoon on a Disney Cruise and it was perfect.

As the Dream has an adults-only pool, adults-only restaurants (both of which are ideal for romantic dinners), adults-only clubs, and an adults-only Beach, it's fairly easy to avoid kids. Plus the adults-only areas tend to be less crowded than the family areas.

DH and I have no kids so every trip is pretty much like a honeymoon. We have been on 3DCL cruises...2 were 4 nights in the Bahamas and 1 was the Inaugural Alaskan. We found both very romantic and perfect for honeymooners. I didn't feel over run with screaming children nor did I find any of the areas too crowded. I think that DCL having the ADULTS ONLY spots really helps this. If you love Disney, and the price doesn't scare you, go for it.

Wonderful choice for a honeymoon:thumbsup2
Plenty of adults only options from the spa to Palo (romantic adults only restaurant) to the adults only beach. Plus adults only lounges.

There are drink tastings (wine/martini/beer) that are obviously only for adults.

Really, it can be as relaxing or as activity packed as you want.

We're doing it this summer! I have to agree with the others: there are plenty of adults-only activities and such that you really don't need to worry about feeling like you're honeymooning in a day care :) Plus, you have the comfort of knowing you'll get Disney's impeccable service. For me, that was a big selling point! Our honeymoon is a big deal and I want it to be as close to perfect as it can be. I know exactly what to expect on DCL, and if something should go haywire I also know that they'll take care of it in fine fashion.

Enjoy and congratulations!

I'll let you know in a few months when I get back from mine! ;)

Seriously, I think it's a GREAT idea and I'm totally looking forward to mine in a few months! From what I've read, there is SO much for adults only, and you can have as much or as little alone time as you want. There's Palo, or Remy on The Dream or Fantasy, which are adult only restaurants, which would be a FANTASTIC way to have a romantic dinner together! You can also get a couple's massage on board the ship or at Castaway Cay, which can also be very romantic. I definitely say go for it! :)

My Fiance and I are toying around with the idea of doing the 5 night cruise to the bahamas and 5 nights at the parks when we get back. We both love disey but never been on the cruise.
As Disney fans, you will have a terrific time. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Woody

We did 4 days at WDW and a 3-night Land and Sea package in 2007 for our honeymoon and we have been going back almost every year since. We are not exactly Spring chickens nor do we have children, but we loved our Disney honeymoon.

Good luck on your decision and Congratulations.

We are hardcore Disney fans and have been on 15 Disney Cruises. We are getting married in May or 2012, and thought long and hard about whether we wanted to do a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon. In the end, we decided that we'd rather be on a ship that catered more to the adults than to children.

Because if you think about it, most all the games, activities, contests, are all geared towards kids on Disney, where that isn't the case on other cruise lines. True, there are places onboard where you can be in a "kids-free" area, but you WILL see kids, possibly ALOT depending on when you are going.

Nevertheless, you all will have an amazing time, on the ship and at the parks. Coongrats to the both of you.:thumbsup2

Our honeymoon was a 4 days at the parks and then a 3 night cruise with disney. it was awesome :lovestruc I would suggest going to the parks first because after all that walking and excitement it is nice to relax on deck and just watch the ocean roll by while having a drink. :drinking1

Our honeymoon was a 4 days at the parks and then a 3 night cruise with disney. it was awesome :lovestruc I would suggest going to the parks first because after all that walking and excitement it is nice to relax on deck and just watch the ocean roll by while having a drink. :drinking1

Totally agree.

We did a 4 night Disney cruise and 9 nights at Disney world for ours, and it was perfect. Wouldn't have done anything different. If you enjoy Disney then go for it.

We LOVED our HM on DCL; we had a couples massage in the cabana at Castaway that was heavenly and we were so excited to have the time to unwind after our crazy wedding.

One thing that I would suggest is setting up a Honeymoon registry through Disney. My DH and I did this and people were so kind and payed for pretty much all of our "extras" on the boat. We had money left over after we got off the boat, so we saved the card and used it at Disney the following week. It was great and people were so excited to buy us our excursion, drinks, etc. Look into it!

ETA: here is the link to the registry website, super easy to use for everyone involved!
http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go....n_US/modules/render/homePage/hpHomePageRender

I regularly tell people that don't even have kids that DCL is a great trip for adults. Everything is just first class. I made the mistake of going on a couple of Disney cruises before doing a Carnival cruise. There was simply no comparison. If you're familiar with Las Vegas, it would be like comparing the Bellagio to Circus Circus.

Yes, I think it is. My husband and I went on a seven day cruise and spent five days at the parks (stayed in a gorgeous room at the Grand Floridian) in October 2009 and we had an amazing time. Now we're heading back next week for an almost identical vacation...haha.

We also did the couples massage our first night on the ship and it was a welcome way to relax after months of crazy wedding planning and the five days we just spent in the parks. This was also our first time on a cruise ever, so that made it special too. And I think we saw at least two or three other couples that were on their honeymoon on the ship...so you probably won't be the only honeymooners.

We both have always enjoyed Disney (especially Disney World) and we got engaged at Disney World, so it was only fitting we went back for our honeymoon. We had a loosely Disney-themed wedding and we bought a lot of our essentials for the wedding (invitations, napkins, sign-in board, table signs, etc) through Impressions in Florida. We live in San Francisco, so we brought a lot of Disney World touches to our wedding.

If you like Disney... go for it. We did a 7 night wester caribbean for our honeymoon and it was awesome. We are not drinkers or clubbers, so maybe that's something to consider? We have since been on a Carnival cruise and it was a letdown (our opinion) compared to Disney.

Try to get a room on the back of the ship where the spa and adult area is. There will be kids, but that location will keep you in the most kid-free area.

Steven

My husband and I went on a DCL for our honeymoon, after our Disney wedding last September. We are scheduled for our one year anniversary Disney Cruise this September. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter