Is the boardwalk inn the best overall Disney World Resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club level is for people with more money than common sense. But if you fall into that category, boardwalk inn offers you the nicest lounge and service.

Sorry, but I find your comment presumptuous and rude. Many people make the decision to go CL after very careful thought and consideration.

BWI is actually very, very far down on our list. In fact it is below some of the mods. Different tastes for different folks. You are as entitled to love the resort as much as I am entitled not to. No explanation needed. I hope you enjoy your stay.

We stayed at the BWI once and we prefer the BC. The layout of the hotel is a little awkward, with not enough elevators making for some really long walks. The location of the stores and restaurants make access to the Boardwalk from some of the rooms a little tricky. We were in a ground level room in the area behind the Flying Fish restaurant, and we had to navigate a maze to get out to the boardwalk. It included going up a floor, walking down various hallways, going down a floor, and then out. Probably my biggest negative with the BWI is a lack of any kind of a counter service to get breakfast. I do not consider a pastry to be breakfast.

I did love the fact that there were all those restaurants conveniently located there. And it is much more convenient to walk to HS from there. It would be nice if they got rid of the clown, though. It takes away from the more sophisticated look of the rest of the resort.

But it is a nice resort and a lot of people love it. :)

blackacex2 said:
Club level is for people with more money than common sense. But if you fall into that category, boardwalk inn offers you the nicest lounge and service.

Wow judge much. I stay cl and have money and common sense. It suits our needs and IPO is so great to have

Boardwalk is our favorite hands down. The location, Boardwalk view, proximity to Epcot and DHS, beauty of the grounds, the rooms and yes the pool... Love it all! We just left there on Monday and are truly missing it! :(

I say yes.

What do you say?

Nope. It's my least favorite.

I'm not sure I have a number one favorite, but I do like OKW a whole lot and we have stayed there the most and find it a wonderful place to stay. Also stayed at GF, CR, BLT, Polynesian, SSR, VWL (but not WL), CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, BCV (not YC or BC, though), Swan, Dolphin. I think each one had something that I really liked, but not one so much that I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

But to us, BW had the most negatives that made it a "been there, done that" for us.

BWI cl was my favorite. The cms were outstanding. I wanted Anita to be my nanny lol. Such a beautiful hotel and the deluxe room we had was huge. 644 sq ft and sleeps 6 plus one under 3. So spoiled by the huge room that going back to a regular room was hard. I love the location of the Epcot resorts. Ease to two parks even Mk we did through Epcot.

Add WL to the resorts that don't have hideous bedspreads. The WL rooms are beautiful, IMHO.

CandacesEpicPhonePictures1418.jpg

And no, with that clown pool, BWI will never be at the top of my list. :scared1:

Oh and the whole CL thing....pretty judgemental....maybe people who like CL just appreciate a little "extra" on their vacation (I know I do!), it is vacation after all. I suppose alot of people could say that trips to Disney is for people with more money than common sense too...we all appreciate different things...diversity makes the world go round...

I agree. I owned at SSR, and just recently bought another DVC at Beach Club Villas. Yet Boardwalk has my heart. I chose not to buy there and beach club instead because there are many more DVC rooms at boardwalk so I would have a greater chance of getting one of those verses trying to get one of the limited amount of DVC rooms at Beach club.
I just got back from four nights at Beach club and it was really nice and I had a really good time. However I have a food & wine trip planned for Beach club in November and when my seven months comes up I will try to transfer that reservation over to boardwalk.
Someone should make a T-shirt that says "Boardwalk& Long walks and scary clowns!"

I'm not sure if I have a favorite just yet. I think the BWI is one of my least favorites of all the deluxe resorts. The inside of the resort is beautiful but so was the "shinning" and when I see the resort that is all I think about. And the clown can anyone say "IT". I love to go the the boardwalk and walk around but I'm happy sleeping in another resort.

I like the other resorts for different reasons. Love BC/YC for the pool & the area. But I wouldn't stay there unless its the summer months.

- AKL great atmosphere with the animals but transportation is all buses. When u have strollers it's a downer.

- monorail resorts poly& GF I can't get past the bedspreads lol. I would love love to stay there but I will wait until the spreads are gone. Eekkk!

CR just doesn't appeal to me. Reminds me of the hotel at the airport.

I know I have a crazy way of deciding where to stay but, it works for me. My husband shakes his head & laughs. He doesn't care as long as I'm happy. Lol

Seriously OP, we're all happy you made your long-deliberated decision on which resort is perfect for you. But I really don't understand A) why everyone has to agree with you on BW being Disney's "best" resort (and this is coming from someone who really thinks it is). And B) I really don't understand why you felt the need to belittle and demean those of us who choose to splurge on CL. I'm not a big fan of GF, but I would never say those who stay there have no common sense. Sheesh!

Seriously OP, we're all happy you made your long-deliberated decision on which resort is perfect for you. But I really don't understand A) why everyone has to agree with you on BW being Disney's "best" resort (and this is coming from someone who really thinks it is). And B) I really don't understand why you felt the need to belittle and demean those of us who choose to splurge on CL. I'm not a big fan of GF, but I would never say those who stay there have no common sense. Sheesh!

First of all- thank goodness disney is upgrading bed spreads. I notice they are all trying to imitate the look of the beautiful boardwalk inn rooms, can't blame them!

Anyhow, I never said anyone had to agree with me I was just gleefully sharing my well informed opinion.

As far as belittling and demeaning club level participants, I don't know if my comment was quite that extreme. My opinion of club level is it's the highest up charge for the smallest benefit. The least value for your dollar at Disney by far. You could eat at Victoria and Albert's every night for the price of club level, or every other night if the reservation is for two guests. Or hey skip the club level, donate the money to charity and feed a few hungry children for a year.

blackacex2 said:
First of all- thank goodness disney is upgrading bed spreads. I notice they are all trying to imitate the look of the beautiful boardwalk inn rooms, can't blame them!

Anyhow, I never said anyone had to agree with me I was just gleefully sharing my well informed opinion.

As far as belittling and demeaning club level participants, I don't know if my comment was quite that extreme. My opinion of club level is it's the highest up charge for the smallest benefit. The least value for your dollar at Disney by far. You could eat at Victoria and Albert's every night for the price of club level, or every other night if the reservation is for two guests. Or hey skip the club level, donate the money to charity and feed a few hungry children for a year.

I stay cl and do give to charity thanks. You are demeaning with your comments. Who are you to say what someone should or shouldn't do with their own hard earned money. Cl is a good use of money to my family and I. If it wasn't, I would not do it.

Actually that is not quite right. The difference between Club Level and a standard room is anywhere between $ 100-$125 a night.
As shown below the cheapest 2 people can eat at Victoria and Albert's is $270 before taxes, drinks, or a tip. So your supper at V+A for 2 will cost you close to $400 when all is finished, which is way more expensive than the cost differential for staying Club level.
Here is the latest pricing for Victoria & Albert's

Victoria & Albert's Dining Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $135.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $65.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Queen Victoria's Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Chef's Table: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

I entered into a family that already owned at BWV.

I've stayed at BWV, SSR, AKL (both), WLV, and BLT.

They all have something special to offer and we choose where to stay based upon why type of trip we are looking for. Most of our trips are short and taken during non-peak times.

I am really looking forward to checking OKW and BCV in the not too distant future!

If pressed though; I'd put BLT and AKL above BWV.

I also hope to stay at POR one day; love the look!

I stay cl and do give to charity thanks. You are demeaning with your comments. Who are you to say what someone should or shouldn't do with their own hard earned money. Cl is a good use of money to my family and I. If it wasn't, I would not do it.

I'm not telling people what to do with their hard earned money, I'm sharing my opinion on what I feel the best value is for that money. If getting a great value for your money is important to you then club level is a bad idea. If you are convinced it is saving your family money and not just an extravagantly expensive convenience then it's time to crunch those numbers again.

Really, I am a CPA and know how to crunch numbers. I add up how much breakfast , drinks , appetizers and desserts would be and I come out ahead. You are once again judging now peoples math skills and how we spend our money. having an IPO is awesome, the cms at the lounge treat you like family, the ease of getting breakfast every morning, the drinks, the atmosphere is great and I have met such nice people at the lounges. I guess I am not the only one that likes cl as it is always a big number of people there. You are very condescending and bitter with your, not worth it and give to charity comments.

Actually that is not quite right. The difference between Club Level and a standard room is anywhere between $ 100-$125 a night.
As shown below the cheapest 2 people can eat at Victoria and Albert's is $270 before taxes, drinks, or a tip. So your supper at V+A for 2 will cost you close to $400 when all is finished, which is way more expensive than the cost differential for staying Club level.
Here is the latest pricing for Victoria & Albert's

Victoria & Albert's Dining Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $135.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $65.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Queen Victoria's Room: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Chef's Table: Menu Prix Fixe begins at $210.00 per Guest. Wine Pairings from $105.00 per Guest. (Pricing does not include tax and gratuity.)

Alrighty then, but I'd submit to you doing V+A just once will add more to your vacation, heck even your life in general then club level. Or how about eating a signature restaurant every night? Or a tour? Or the fireworks cruise? Sheesh people, go to walmart before you check in a buy yourself $100 worth of food and drinks and stuff it in your closet and save yourself $$$$$$$. It's like all the sudden people go to disney world and soda, beer, cookies, muffins, and a shish-kabob are worth 20 times what they cost in the real world because they are served in the "club level"

Alrighty then, but I'd submit to you doing V+A just once will add more to your vacation, heck even your life in general then club level. Or how about eating a signature restaurant every night? Or a tour? Or the fireworks cruise? Sheesh people, go to walmart before you check in a buy yourself $100 worth of food and drinks and stuff it in your closet and save yourself $$$$$$$. It's like all the sudden people go to disney world and soda, beer, cookies, muffins, and a shish-kabob are worth 20 times what they cost in the real world because they are served in the "club level"

Probably the same reason you are staying at the BWI instead of the Holiday Inn . . . . it makes them feel good, it gives them something a little nicer. Why judge so harshly?

AliceIn said:
Probably the same reason you are staying at the BWI instead of the Holiday Inn . . . . it makes them feel good, it gives them something a little nicer. Why judge so harshly?

Yes how would you feel if someone that stays only value came on here and said deluxe is a waste of money, crunch your numbers and give it to charity to house the homeless instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter