is it worth paying £138 more to stay on site?

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
i was gonna stay two nights at the holiday inn in disneyland paris the week before Christmas.
For the two nights room, eurostar plus tickets - it is costing around £464 for two people.

Or do i stay at the sequoia Lodge - for £138 more making it £602.

What would you guys do?

thanks,

xjx

Personally I always prefer to stay on-site.

Is breakfast included in the price at Holiday Inn?

We took the option to stay on-site the week after that - I love being a short walk from the parks. Even when we stay at the Cheyenne (which we love) it's only about 10 minutes to Disney Village and walking along the frozen Rio Grande is very picturesue.

Does DLRP provide the shopping service with off-site hotels where your purchases get taken to your hotel's Disney Store? If not that's an even bigger consideration in cold weather when you don't want to be lugging shopping bags around.

It's a matter of personal choice, surely! But IMHO it's not worth that much more to stay on-site, at least not for convenience sake unless you do tons of shopping.

I think the Holiday Inn vs. Sequoia comparison might be apples and oranges. Hotel Cheyenne would also be on-site, but much cheaper than Sequoia, and get you most of the same perks.

Kitty-chan said:
But IMHO it's not worth that much more to stay on-site, at least not for convenience sake unless you do tons of shopping.

When I'm faffing around with a video camera, normal camera and my gloves even one bag is too much hastle, but yes, we do do a lot of shopping! I know we could wait until the end of the day but I know they'll have run out if do that or I'll forget something or plans change. The shopping hotel service is an absolute must for us now.

I would say yes!

But it depends if using that money means you go without something else. I agree you should try and price the Cheyenne too :)

Joanne UK said:
Personally I always prefer to stay on-site.

Is breakfast included in the price at Holiday Inn?

yes - a breakfast included in the holiday inn.

xjx

just checked cheynne it is £334 for two nights.

What do i do???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would definately go for the Cheyenne!! But wherever you stay you'll enjoy it - its only where you sleep after all, and hopefully you won't be spending too much time in your room.

Have a lovely holiday, whichever hotel you end up choosing! :goodvibes
Kaye

I would definately stay on site!! Maybe you could try Santa Fe? I think that's the cheepest, it's nice though, i'll be staying there for a second time in March

Donna
xxx

I have stayed both onsite and offsite and would only now ever stay onsite unless money was really scarce. Cheyenne would be nice but if I were you and I could possibly stretch I would go for Sequoia Lodge as it is lovely at Christmas. The outdoors wilderness theme lends itself very well to the Christmas season and with the big tree and all the lovely decorations it is really beautiful not to mention the HUGE roaring fire. It is also a hop, skip and and jump to the parks and you would be walking past the ice skating rink outside HNY every morning.!!

nicola said:
you would be walking past the ice skating rink outside HNY every morning.!!

And evening, when all the twinkly lights are on. Aaahhh - lovely!! :cloud9:

Juliannebabe - You will also get to walk passed the skating rink from the Cheyenne!! ;) At that price I would definitely choose it over the Holiday Inn, though the Sequoia Lodge IS very nice, if you can stretch!!

I would rather cut down on my food (not vodka though), not buy new clothes, never go to the hairdresser, etc and to stay on site rather than off site, but I am a Disney nut and a DVC member so I am goning to stay on site for the next 48 years and you won't get a balanced discussion from me!

Sorry for the biased opinion I just can't help it. You did ask??

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter