Is it possible to buy Guardians and book Remy on Genie + same day?

smashndash

Earning My Ears
I’ve read that Remy Genie+ is gone for day in less than 5 minutes and Guardians Lightning Lane is gone for day in less than 2 minutes.

if true, is it possible to book both of these at 7 a.m. ?

Has anyone been able to do this?

Going in a couple weeks and trying to map out best strategy for Epcot given recent Genie+ changes and opening of GoG.

I’ve read that Remy Genie+ is gone for day in less than 5 minutes and Guardians Lightning Lane is gone for day in less than 2 minutes.

Going in a couple weeks and trying to map out best strategy for Epcot given recent Genie+ changes and opening of GoG.
I think if you have more than one person trying it is possible.

Hmm I would like to know too. When we went in December we kind of had the same problem with Rise and Slinky Dog. I was told later to do Slinky first then Rise.

Have a second person sign in to your account at the same time. They can get Remy while you get Guardians.

I know this is anecdotal but We were there last week and Remy consistently had a wait time of 30-40 minutes in the afternoon and some LL also showed up later in the day for the evening.

I'm going to try and do this too, and but I also want to book a Frozen LL after park open (next one I can book) and I know that might be impossible. Luckily we have all day to refresh because that is our pool day and we'll be heading to Epcot around 3. BUT we also have a Space 220 ressie at 5:05 so I have to work around that, too. The stress!

We found Guardians ILL was still available all last weekend for at least 10 to 15 min each day. I never tried for Remy too so not sure on how long they last but I'd think you could do both

I've been watching the app the last few days (since Remy moved to Genie+). It's a popular one as it's been sold out by 7:03am, 7:04am and 7:05am. Guardians by ILL was still available for a bit (around 8:30am the past couple days)

I'm going to try and do this too, and but I also want to book a Frozen LL after park open (next one I can book) and I know that might be impossible. Luckily we have all day to refresh because that is our pool day and we'll be heading to Epcot around 3. BUT we also have a Space 220 ressie at 5:05 so I have to work around that, too. The stress!
this is exactly what's wrong with the whole system now, a vacation is supposed to be relaxing! not a constant stress fest

Thanks for the feedback. We are going to go ahead and plan to do both and not change our plans. Appreciate the help!

My parents are going to Epcot tomorrow and asked me to help them book Remy while my mom gets Guardians on her MDE account. I'm not going, but I'll be logged into my dad's MDE account (he doesn't at all understand how Genie+/ILLs work). I'll report back on how it goes.

Have a second person sign in to your account at the same time. They can get Remy while you get Guardians.
Do they have to sign in to your account or can they try for the reservation on their own, knowing that we are all connected in the same party for the reservation?

Today was successful with getting Guardians and Remy. We didn't bother with the Guardians VQ and just focused on the ILL. This is what we got:
Screenshot_20220605-070550_Disney World.jpg

My mom was not on the wifi when she booked Guardians and was on data (Verizon). I was on the wifi but I booked Remy from my bed in Maryland. Remy quickly went to late afternoon/evening times within 2-3 minutes while Guardians was readily available to buy for 9-10 am at 7:15 when I last checked. If you have 1 phone and not doing VQ, I would book Remy first and then Guardians ILL.

That's great! How did you manage to get an early time for Remy? Just luck and being very quick? Or you did refresh?

That's great! How did you manage to get an early time for Remy? Just luck and being very quick? Or you did refresh?
I was on this page right before 7 am:
Screenshot_20220605-122746_Disney World.jpg

Then at exactly 7 am (not before), I clicked on the Lighting Lane button below the projected wait times and immediately got onto the tip board with no loading. I found this to be quicker than refreshing the tip board itself. A part of it could also be that I did this when I was not sharing the wifi with other people doing the same thing and was in a completely different state. But as soon as I got to the tip board I clicked as fast as I could and managed to grab 8:15.

How would you adjust your strategy if you can't be in the park until 2pm? Would you delay how long you wait to click slightly? I should be able to try for GotG VQ and my 1st LL from the airport right at 7am, but I'm worried the LL will be in the morning and if I have to cancel/rebook, I will miss out.

Just to follow up , the plan to schedule Ratatouille immediately at 7 and then purchase Guardians worked fine. I definitely would recommend that order though.

It definitely is, I just did it on July 22nd, I booked GOTG virtual queue first, then I paid ILL for GOTG and then I booked Remy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter