Is it OK to wash your Pampered Chef stone??

Sorry to go off topic, but thought I'd ask since it's a Pampered Chef thread... Does anyone have the recipe with the I think they're called chocolate truffles? I had some at a party and bought a recipe book, but it only had one of the appetisers she served in it (the pot stickers) and not the truffles. These were rolled in nuts and some in cocoa I think. Thanks.

Former consultant here, just wanting to say that I know not to use soap on my stoneware but I do. Actually we use a dishcloth that has been used to was dishes, wringing the soapy water out very well and washing the stoneware under very hot running water. By washing it under the running water the soap doesn't sit on the stone therefore it doesn't get "soaked up". We have done this for years and haven't tasted any soap yet.
Also, making a paste of baking soda and water, rubbing it in a circular motion onto the stoneware piece and then rinsing it well, will remove any sticky residue left by food.
Things take longer to bake on stoneware due to the density of the stone. It takes longer for the stone to "heat up" before the baking begins. Also, remember that if you bake the rising crust type of pizza, you should allow it to thaw for approx. 30 before placing it on the stone. The pizza is so dense that it might cause the stone to crack if placed directly on the stone and into the oven.

I use baking soda and a veggetable brush on mine. I just can't use water only - just something about not actually "washing". I can wrap my brain around using baking soda instead of soap so I wash them that way. I have several pieces.

I have 5-6 pieces of stone and never used soap on them. I do what the user above does though and use the soapy dish rag and just ring out most of the soap. I love my stones. I accidently left on on top of the stove and the burner was on low, and an hour later I was on the computer and heard a loud "crack" and went out to find my perfectly season stone cracked perfectly in 1/2! (so don't use it directly under or over flame!)

I'm an oddball here because I have several stones and after a few years of use and just washing with hot water and the brown scraper, I began putting mine in the dishwasher. I think they've been fine because they're so well seasoned and I've never had any problem with them absorbing the soap. A couple of my friends do the same, with no problems at all

However, that being said, I wouldn't put a brand new stone in the dishwasher, nor would use soap on it. I would imagine a new one would really absorb the soap like crazy.

I use hot water and a brush on a regular bases and give it a good scrub with backing soda once in a while. :flower:

Dislifer said:
I was also told not to wash the stone. Do you like yours??? When I cook a frozen pizza on it, I notice I have to cook it longer than what the directions tell me to.

Let your oven pre-heat longer than normal when the stone is in there. It takes the stone itself longer to heat up than it does for the air in the oven to heat up. Someone told me this about recently, and my results with the stone have been a LOT better since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!