Is it just me??

I think any little girl is beautiful . You know every little girl on that stage may be a child with serious issues OR every child may get off that stage and be a happy well adjusted child. And it may be somewhere in between.

Some parents push too hard at anything. I have seen dance parents, choir parents and sports parents that act like crazy people. They make it all about winning at any costs. Those kids are going to have problems. But thats not all of them.

I just think its wrong to judge something you know nothing about other than a tv show.

That is the main point I want to make to everyone. T&T is crazy exaggerated.

I think any little girl is beautiful . You know every little girl on that stage may be a child with serious issues OR every child may get off that stage and be a happy well adjusted child. And it may be somewhere in between.

Some parents push too hard at anything. I have seen dance parents, choir parents and sports parents that act like crazy people. They make it all about winning at any costs. Those kids are going to have problems. But thats not all of them.

I just think its wrong to judge something you know nothing about other than a tv show.

Ironic isn't it, those girls can be judged on their looks, but when someone dares judge them on the "values" they learn from pageants, its "wrong" :rolleyes1

And FTR, this has nothing to do with a TV show, I don't watch it. Its what glitz pageants are, and what they stand for.

It only takes photos and videos. I don't watch the show. I lived near the Jon Benet home. I saw those photos and videos a million times. Good enough for me.

I also work with kids who tell me things like "uncle SOS and so brings me pretty pjs and likes to watch me act like mommy". Also good enough for me.

luvmy3 said:
Ironic isn't it, those girls can be judged on their looks, but when someone dares judge them on the "values" they learn from pageants, its "not fair" :rolleyes1

Now do you know the values their parents are teaching them?

Isn't in total unrealistic to believe no one ever "judges" based on perception? The reality is human beings are perceptional creatures. Yes, the way you dress, speak, act sends certain "messages". if you wear a police uniform, yes I totally judge you are not out on public selling drugs. Sure some times it's wrong, but for the most part Howe you look plays an important part in relationship. Now if I dress my 10 year old up as a 20 year old in suggestive clothing then have her perform some serious "put a ring on it" gyrations. All of a sudden were going to pretend it does not convey a certain attitude?

Call me judgmental then, my sons do not dress like thugs. They do not leave my house with there pants hanging below their backside, they do not wear sneakers without shoe strings. Why? Because i do not raise thugs not hood rats and no you don't get to look like one.

As far as I'm concerned pageants, glitz or not, are an antiquated activity that promotes a terrible mindset. Pretty is the most important thing and if you aren't the prettiest you are a loser.

I was I pageants as a child and my sister as well. My mother had to beg me to do them. She bribed me with a new prom dress so I would be in my high school pageant. So I know what I speak of.

There is no way on earth I would put one of my girls out there for a rank stranger to "judge" if she is pretty or not. I know they are PLUS they have many other more important qualities that cannot be judged. That makes them who they are not what they look like in hooker makeup.

And all those "they learn poise and interview skills"? Huh? Poise is: Noun
Graceful and elegant bearing in a person. Why would an 8 year old need that or interview skills? Do they really, REALLY think they are going to be stars that will be interviewed? How many celebrities started out in pageants?

I have a friend whose girlfriend and future wife was involved in pageants and he detested them. He would say, "if you really want to see who is the prettiest, have them jump right out of bed in the morning, go to the garden to work all day and then see who looks the best."

Are you talking about dance or pageants?

I'm really talking about all of these activities where a young girl is dressed in a revealing manner and dances in an age-inappropriate way in public, whether it's pageants, cheer, or dance. I've never been to a pageant, but I've seen cheerleader and dance routines recently that were absolutely shocking. I had no idea that cheerleading and dance had sunk to such a level. It didn't used to be this way, and it doesn't have to be this way now. To me, it's a reflection of the moral decay of our society. Like I said earlier, I'm certainly no uptight prude or anything, but this is really appalling to me because these are kids doing this stuff.

I think that the adults in charge of these things are really undermining the parents' attempts to teach modesty and morality to their girls by having them perform in such an objectionable manner, and I think parents really should consider the mixed message that this is sending to their daughters and get these "cheer coaches" and whatnot to do the right thing and stop having these young girls do these trashy routines. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter