Is it just me or has attendance been down?

randumb0

Party at Mickey's
I usually visit parks on the weekend and show up in the afternoon. I normally expect to park near the back of the parking lot especially at MK but it has not been the case. Is anyone else noticing the same thing?

I haven't noticed lines or waits to be down. Maybe cars have been fewer but I'm not sure fewer cars equates to fewer guests. Maybe just fewer are driving?

My parents are local APs and they absolutely refuse to go to the parks until the weather cools down, so around November. It's just too hot for them to walk around a crowded park. I wonder if other locals feel the same way...? The parks are still packed judging by wait times but there are maybe less people driving.

I think you guys are forgetting that the majority of people that are bringing their kids to WDW have no choice but to go in the summer when the kids are out of school. Summer has always been the busiest time of the year for the parks because of that. If you lived in New England like I did, we had a mid-winter school break at the end of February and that is when we would go. The drive down to Orlando on I-95 was like a parade of cars with New England and New York licence plates. So it may be that it is a little slow and, of course, the temps have been record highs.

I don’t think there is going to be much slowdown as a lot of people will still be going to make up for Covid cancellations.
When did this become a fact. All the years I have been going to the place summer has always been the time when the crowds where the biggest. I know it's hot, but it has always been hot and humid in Florida in the summer months. The only time I ever heard of it being busier would be between Christmas and New Years.

EDIT: I used the wrong quote. I was trying to quote the one that said that summer time was always not the busy time of the year, that, in my mind, and past history I believe is incorrect. Anyway my apologies for any confusion.

Last edited:
There is going to be, have you seen what the economy is doing? People may want to travel but they won't able to afford it, people are already starting to slow down and reevaluate plans.
I'm talking about people who have had to cancel already paid for holidays and have had to rearrange, especially those from abroad. After this Summer is done, perhaps attendance will drop and pick up a little at Christmas and take a nose dive from the new year?

I'm talking about people who have had to cancel already paid for holidays and have had to rearrange, especially those from abroad. After this Summer is done, perhaps attendance will drop and pick up a little at Christmas and take a nose dive from the new year?

By the end of summer most of those people will have done their trips, there will be a few left over holiday periods but the majority are done now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter