Is Food and Wine ruining Epcot for families?

Hello!

OK....pissing in the bushes, falling down on the pavement, bothering other guests. Couples groping each other beyond a kiss or hug, yelling and cussing...things along those lines.

What I have no problem with, drinking in the bar or from the stands, having a few, yet still able to walk straight and talking politely and finding head when you need one.

what do you think?

AKK

I've never seen anyone urinating in the bushes (except a little kid, a parent sent him in there rather than bother taking him to the loo), falling down, groping (not sure what "beyond a kiss or a hug" means). Honestly, every year there are posts that make the festival sound like the Delta House toga party. I never get to see any of that stuff. But I don't go on Saturdays much anymore, too many people.

As for yelling, there was a story on the restaurant board from someone who saw an Epcot guest take exception to the behavior of some young women who were apparently being loud and enthusiastic and called for a security guard to throw them out of the park because they were drunk. The guard talked to them and they were only 16 and hadn't been drinking at all. Just loud. Apparently they didn't get thrown out of the park.

B.T.K. my complaint was in regards to alcohol abuse the group that stopped in the middle of the walkway blocking people were sloppy drunk. They were loud obnoxious and disturbing people watching illumination. I know what your talking about people just stopping in the parks and being a pain in the butt I don't like it but this was not the case. They were spilling their drinks dropping their beer glasses on the ground and kicking them around. Well they were bragging about drinking around the world and they sure showed it. I dealt with substance abuse my entire 33 year career and I know a drunk when I see them. This is the substance of my complaint. Maybe you can handle drinking around the world.better than they did but you probably weren't in any condition to drive.

I'm sorry for your negative experience- i was definitely NOT in any position to drive- I haven't driven on property in the last five years at Disney- I don't think I said I drove after drinking around the world did I?

I've never seen anyone urinating in the bushes (except a little kid, a parent sent him in there rather than bother taking him to the loo), falling down, groping (not sure what "beyond a kiss or a hug" means).

As for yelling, there was a story on the restaurant board from someone who saw an Epcot guest take exception to the behavior of some young women who were apparently being loud and enthusiastic and called for a security guard to throw them out of the park because they were drunk. The guard talked to them and they were only 16 and hadn't been drinking at all. Just loud. Apparently they didn't get thrown out of the park.

You know, this could explain why you've got half the folks in this thread saying, "I've never noticed any drunks," and the other half saying, "They're everywhere!"

We see what we expect to see. If we're not expecting drunks, then you've got to be pretty darn wasted to impinge on our consciousness. If we're expecting to see them, then we'll assume the worst about everyone around us, even if they're just over-excited.

There was a very loud, happy gentleman, dancing clumsily in front of a band the last time I was in Epcot. He was definitely staggering. Was he very drunk? Psychologically unstable? Or just special needs? I honestly have no idea, and I had no intention of asking. In any event, he wasn't aggressive or bothersome. After amusing us for awhile, he went yodeling off elsewhere. No worries! :thumbsup2

Even cops, who are professionally trained, can't always tell the difference between a drunk and a diabetic. So, I figure the rest of us ought to practice giving our fellow humans the benefit of the doubt. Cast members are always available to speak to someone, if they're bothering you, for any reason.

I've been during F+W twice now - multiple days each time - and never seen what is being described here. When these things happen it is the fault of security just as it is in any pub across the US - they should stop serving if they are visibly intoxicated and doing family unfriendly things. PDAs also happen everywhere, anytime. There are mornings with some serious snogging on the train, but I just avert my gaze.

Think of all the adults and parents that would be losing out if they cancelled F+W due to some bad eggs. Got to include some goodies for us too! ;)

B.T.K. you did not say that you drove and I thank you for knowing not to. I never criticise anyone for having a good time as long as they don't act like complete idiots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter