Is DxDP worth it anymore?

I am all about an AP and TiW card. When we went this past June we got 1 AP for a TiW card. The extra investment was worth it. We ate what we wanted to way and didn't feel the need to order the way the DDP or the deluxe plan wanted u to. My father is very old and wants all TS meals, so we actually are that family that fits in 3 TS meals a day. It's crazy, I know. But I have a family of 7 that goes down and we broke even in 2 days. Plus the TiW card is good for 13 months. But be warned, an AP has the after effect of doing more trips if your close enough. I went last week for all of $300 (the ap rates on the hotels are better than the other deals)

Thanks for the new posts, but I think we figured out we'd go with the DxDP. We did estimates for every restaurant we would eat at, and we were really only $200 under the price of the plan. And our trip is basically a make-up trip for last year, since we had to come back a week early last time, we figure we can pay for convenience and enjoyment.
If we were able to go more than once a year now, I think we might find use of the AP, but we can't be sure we'd able to make it back within the 13 month period.
I would still love to hear opinions and experiences for other people who might be in the same situation.
Thanks!

cookieswithangel said:
Thanks for the new posts, but I think we figured out we'd go with the DxDP. We did estimates for every restaurant we would eat at, and we were really only $200 under the price of the plan. And our trip is basically a make-up trip for last year, since we had to come back a week early last time, we figure we can pay for convenience and enjoyment.
If we were able to go more than once a year now, I think we might find use of the AP, but we can't be sure we'd able to make it back within the 13 month period.
I would still love to hear opinions and experiences for other people who might be in the same situation.
Thanks!

We are arriving 11/27 and staying at BLT, paying rack rate on everything because no discounts were available. I tried everything, room discounts, AAA, free dining and nothing was available. Tonight, I added DXDining for 4 adults and a six year old and it was 2600 dollars. That is just crazy to me but when I crunched numbers, it was a little cheaper. We have sigs every night and character bkfsts 4 mornings. I know it will be too much food, but the convience will be so worth it.

It's still worth it for us because we do a lot of character breakfasts and we have 4 kids 8 and under. When the oldest turns 10 I'm not sure we'll still see it as a good value.

We have tried every one of the Dining Plans and we spent much more money on other trips than this last when we used this one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter