Is doing all 4 parks in a 6 day trip realistic?

bellaprincess98

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip to Disney. We are going Aug 23-30. Its me, DH, and DS 4.

I dont know what to do. Should I do all the parks? I'm worried that it may be pushing our limits. Aug is very hot, and trying to get to rope drop every morning, and leaving midday and coming back in the evening may be difficult.

I was wondering if you guys have done it and if its possible or should I just do a couple of parks now and save the rest for another trip.

If I do decided on doing a couple of parks, which ones should I pick?

Thanks, I'd appreciate the advice.

We are taking our first Disney trip in December, for 6 days. We are doing all four parks, but WITHOUT park hopping. If you have the 2008 PassPorter's Walt Disney World guide, the inside flap of each map will give you an itinerary for an entire day with small children or without. It really helps when deciding what to do at what times and how to spend all day at each park. HTH.;)

I think you´ll be fine. If it were me I´d definately try to do all 4 parks. I´d probably not try to go for rope drop every day though and we usually don´t do mid-day breaks either. We usually try to get to the parks early (short after opening) and when we get tired in the middle of the day (or when it gets to hot) we go see a show or get on a long airconditioned ride, or have a nice long meal in a airconditioned restaurant :)

Have a great trip!

I dont think you should have any problem visiting all four parks in 6 days

For my kids the least interested (fun) park for them when they were small was EPCOT so we never spend too much time there at once.

Hitting the parks at rope drop (or as early as you can) is a great idea especially in August (we always visited in august). We would stay until noon then head back for lunch, a quick swim to cool down then NAP time for ALL of us. Best thing to remember is to LEAVE the park BEFORE your son gets over-tired and whinny

We did return to the parks most nights after dinner but it was usually only for a few hours.

Also dont try to see or do everything this trip - your'll just have a terrible time rushing from one attraction to another relax enjoy what you get to in all the parks - missing parts just means you get to go back again.

No problem. Our WDW vacation is a 7 day one, and for us(as for most others) its a WALT DISNEY WORLD vacation. Meaning we see it all, esp the 4 parks and DtD.

We spend most of our time at Epcot, then MK. AK gets at least one half day, with maybe a hop over(we always do hoppers...this year we have AP's) for a couple hours another day. DHS gets MAYBE one day with us. We spend at least an evening in DtD, usually more. Its doable. Just remember to STILL take your time and stop and smell the roses. Even if you miss a few things, it will be a much more enjoyable vacation than if you had rushed thru the memory making and wore yourself out. Days like that are hard to remember.

Have a good trip!:goodvibes

We usually do all 4 parks in two days- take advantage of extra magic hours if you're staying on-site.

i'm going in 6 days and we only have 5 days to do all 4 parks and 2 water rides. I got a lot of feedback on the forums about this.

a lot of people say 2 days for MK - to which i definitely agree!!! MK is the main park and there are bound to be rides that u want to redo

1 day for AK
1 day for HS
some day 2 days for EPCOT (1 for FW, 1 for WS), but my group is only doing 10 hrs there b/c we're going to fit typhoon lagoon on the same day in the morning, . . i'll tell u how it works out here haha

with your 6 days, you can easily visit each of the parks and if you're not goign to the waterparks, even more time!

anyway, remind me and i'll be back to tell u how it went~

Six days is plenty of time! You won't have to rush around either. Have a great time! :)

I would do all four parks. I would think it is better to catch the major things at each park then completely exploring fewer parks. If it is your first trip you may not get to see absolutely everything in each park but a full day is enough to get the feel of them. Take your time and enjoy yourself and don't push yourself to do everything at a park. Either way you will have something to save to go to see next time.

Either way enjoying what you do see is more important than worrying about what you may be missing.

We routinely take 7 day trips to WDW, and we do all 4 parks. We'd do that even if we only had 6 days. We do RD every morning we go to a park; we do not always stay for the evening entertainment because we've already seen it all many times. However, on our early trips we did stay. We don't park hop, FWIW.

If I decided to eliminate a park, the parks, in my order of preference, are MK, Epcot, AK and DHS. It's possible that after we try Toy Story Mania DHS will move up on the list. On our first couple trips, which were shorter and when the kids were younger, we'd do 3 days at MK and skip the rest. I don't think we went to another park until our 3rd or 4th trip. In retrospect that was probably a mistake, because there's something for the little ones in every park, although MK still remains the family favorite, even with a teen and a couple tweens.

We went during the same week last year, and had no problem (even with free dining). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the lack of crowds (they're back in school down there). You can take breaks during the day, and still see a park a day. You may even be able to do a water park midway to break up all the walking. Typhoon Lagoon was a lot of fun for us! They have a cute kiddie area too.

I do have to disagree about Epcot though. Since your DS is only 4, one day is plenty there. He's too young to appreciate the majority of the attractions. If you're looking to spend a second day somewhere, make it Magic Kingdom. Have a great time!

Yep you can do all four. Remember you won't be able to see everything unless you were going for a whole month.
So enjoy the variety. Look through the guide books and pick out your must do's. Try to get to those rides first during your trip.

Have a great time! :hyper:

Here's our itinerary - worked well.

Day 1 - sleep in, Epcot WS, early evening
Day 2 - AK, break, MK (P&PP)
Day 3 - sleep in, DHS, early evening
Day 4 - sleep in, Epcot FW, early evening
Day 5 - MK, break, MK

We had relatively low crowds, your week should be about the same crowd levels actually. It will be hotter and more humid and you'll expect rain every afternoon though, so you might want to do park opening every morning and stay till early afternoon and call it a day. You don't want to close a park and expect to make rope drop the next morning though.

Break days were loooooong. They felt like 2 days actually, especially if you take a nap. We weren't good for much the day after.

Plan on all 4 parks, then if it doesn't work out for you, just hit the ones you want to see the most. IF you are planning ADR's for all of the parks then you can still travel to that park to eat, or change your reservations when you get to Disney. Whatever you decide.......ENJOY the most magical place on earth!

We are here now at WDW for a 6 day theme park and two day water park trip and we don't think it's enough time. On our first day we did MK from rope drop to about 9PM and was exhausted and we only got a fraction of stuff done even after reading post after post about how to manage your days at the park on this site. We have one more day at MK but know that we won't get all the thing we want to do. Next day was TL from rope drop all day to 5PM and more swimming in the hotel pool and was exhausted. Next day we could barely could wake up but was at EPCOT from rope drop to closing. Even though the crowd was manageable there's still way too much to see. Unfortunately we don't have another day here. Next we went to AK and had the best relaxing day at a park and the most fun and got to do the most but not all. We originally thought we would be okay with one day at AK but after visiting we know this is our favorite park and we want another day...sorry EPCOT. Today we went to BB and had a blast from opening to closing. I thought I could relax today but after all the walking and climbing, I'm exhausted again. We are going to MK tomorrow since it's open til midnight. I want to do alot of stuff but we know that if we stay late we'll be tire for the next day which is HS followed the final day with AK. We have an 8 yrs old daughter and I think for a relaxing trip to visit all the parks and to watch all the shows, parades, fireworks takes atleast three days at each park. Did I mention I am exhausted and tired. We have three more days and my mind is mush.

We are here now at WDW for a 6 day theme park and two day water park trip and we don't think it's enough time. On our first day we did MK from rope drop to about 9PM and was exhausted and we only got a fraction of stuff done even after reading post after post about how to manage your days at the park on this site. We have one more day at MK but know that we won't get all the thing we want to do. Next day was TL from rope drop all day to 5PM and more swimming in the hotel pool and was exhausted. Next day we could barely could wake up but was at EPCOT from rope drop to closing. Even though the crowd was manageable there's still way too much to see. Unfortunately we don't have another day here. Next we went to AK and had the best relaxing day at a park and the most fun and got to do the most but not all. We originally thought we would be okay with one day at AK but after visiting we know this is our favorite park and we want another day...sorry EPCOT. Today we went to BB and had a blast from opening to closing. I thought I could relax today but after all the walking and climbing, I'm exhausted again. We are going to MK tomorrow since it's open til midnight. I want to do alot of stuff but we know that if we stay late we'll be tire for the next day which is HS followed the final day with AK. We have an 8 yrs old daughter and I think for a relaxing trip to visit all the parks and to watch all the shows, parades, fireworks takes atleast three days at each park. Did I mention I am exhausted and tired. We have three more days and my mind is mush.

hm yeah, . . that's probably the reason why. You have to take care of you 8 year old daughter and if you take that into account, your days sounds extremely hectic. We're ready to go commando b/c everyone in our group is 21 or 20 years old. Soo take your group stats into account - age, fitness, attitude, etc

By the way seriously take into account the weather. The humidity here is unbearable especially if you are used to the dry heat from the Southwest. I can tolerate 120 degree in Phoenix but the weather on Thursday - Sunday this week was incredible. Heat was ok but the humidity and the heat index was nothing I've experienced before. Everyday after a short period at the park, I felt like I had gone into the shower with my clothes on. And it stayed that way pretty much the whole day which did slow us down. Oh and did I mention it rained too which slowed us down even more. No complaints though. Just info for first timers to be prepared. :)

We just came back from a 5 day Disney Trip and we hit all 4 parks. We also hopped on the 5th day to see/do some things again or for the first time. Of course, we didn't hit everything in the parks, just what was important to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter