Is Disney Studios worth it?

If streets of america, honey I shrunk the kids playground or the light action motorsports was the only things your family liked then no it's not worth going as that is was is gone.. If you've been there a lot already, what's left isn't exciting to you, your not into star wars then it's a skip it park...

The rest is still there albeit cramped with so much land those few things took up. It still has more to do than animal kingdom and that's counting the 2 new rides in pandora soon to open. If you've never been, it'll take a full day to do it all and I recommend the park for a someone new to WDW unless you are stuggling to fit it in then I'd skip it over the others.

We are *nearly* skipping it on our next trip (just going for a few hours.) While I love Star Tours, ToT, RnRC, etc, we will have a 1yo and 2yo on our next trip. I don't really do anything that they can't do.

We will do the Disney Jr breakfast at H&V, Disney Jr. Live, Meet Moana & try to do the Frozen singalong OR Little Mermaid. I'm even iffy on Frozen and Little Mermaid after we do Disney jr. I love Muppet Vision & TSMM but when we brought our 1yo who is now 2, those were a waste of time.

This is our day breakdown. We do get hoppers so we have the flexibility to change things around if it rains, etc. We never feel like we have enough MK time. if I felt MK threatened, I'd drop DHS in a minute.

MK: 3
Epcot: 1.5
DHS: half day
DAK: half day

In your case I agree with your plan to skip DHS and do MK twice. We are likely going to skip AK on our trip that starts today!

We have been making Hollywood Studios our arrival day park since time is more limited due to it being a travel day. We do the couple of attractions we want to do late lunch/early dinner and go home. But we go often enough I think for someone that is newer they can certainly make a full day out of the park

If they're big on (or at least have a likeness for) Star Wars I wouldn't miss it.

If not, no big deal to skip. It's not as if there's less to do in that park than there was before construction began.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter