Is Disney Studios worth it?

Emixon

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am planning a trip for my DH, DS (11), DD (9) and myself. We will be going July 31 - August 6 with a four-day ticket (no hopper). Anywho, I learn that DHS will be having a lot of construction going on until at least 2019ish. Is it really worth the visit, for a regular base ticket? Or should we consinder picking a park to visit twice? Maybe MK or Epcot.

Welcome to the DIS! :welcome:

Dis you try a Search? This question is asked, and answered frequently with lots of folks giving their opinions.

We personally would never do Disney for just 4 days. There is way to much to see, do and experience.
Our upcoming trip is 8 nights and 9 days. We will do 2 MK 3 Epcot, 2 Animal Kingdom 1, 1/2 day arrival day and another possible split day with Epcot for DHS/
If I only had 4 days I probably would skip DHS this trip.
As to which park to go to twice, that really depends on what you would like to see. I think for y our group, perhaps the MK. MK is the most ride heavy of the parks
Have Fun

I definitely think DHS is still worth it! There are still shows (beauty and the beast and little mermaid) to see and attractions. If you are a star wars fan there are tons of things to see. Fantasmic and the Star Wars fireworks are a great way to end the night

We would never skip it. We go only for RnRC, TSMM and TOT sometimes. But we always get hoppers so not a waste for us. Oh, and the peanut butter and jelly milkshakes at 50's Primetime!! I would make a stop just for those LOL!

Depends on your likes. You didn't say if you have been before. If you had and you like, The Tower of Terror, RnRC, The Indy Stunt show, Star Tours, The Muppets, The Great Movie Ride, Lil Mermaid, Man and his Dream, Toy Story Mania, Star Wars Launch Area and whatever shows that are currently existing, including Fantasmic at night, then you should go. Even if you want to have a park to go to that you can see most every you desire and then have time left in the day for pool time or a Water Park, DHS is the perfect place to be.

My first ever trip to WDW, when dd was 5 (turned 6 on that trip), we stayed for four days. No, we didn't see nearly everything, but we got a lot done. And that was before the days of FP and all this planning!!! Imagine waiting in line for three hours, for Splash Mt on a Sat afternoon...yes, we did that because we didn't know any better!!
So, depending on your flight times, coming and going, I might be tempted to add a fifth day to the tickets (not very expensive) and make that last day a second trip to a favorite park. In any case, I would go to DHS. There is a ton of stuff to do there....Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Jedi Training Academy, Launch Bay, Little Mermaid attraction, Disney Jr, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones, and of course Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. Yes, there is a lot of construction going on, but I still find stuff to do.
But, it's up to each family to decide what works best for them. I would sit down and have a family conversation. Ask each person what they really want to do in each park. Birnbaum has a wonderful guide book written just for kids...it gives a great overview of the parks and what's in each one. Then, decide on what park for what day you want. Then you can make FP+ choices depending on what everyone wants to do. That way, everyone gets a say and you have some kind of schedule. Believe me, WDW is no place for spontaneity!!! YOu have to have a plan nowadays!!!

The last time we were there they were tearing down the streets façade. It only took us about 3 hours to see everything that they had to offer that we were interested in.

Hello, I am planning a trip for my DH, DS (11), DD (9) and myself. We will be going July 31 - August 6 with a four-day ticket (no hopper). Anywho, I learn that DHS will be having a lot of construction going on until at least 2019ish. Is it really worth the visit, for a regular base ticket? Or should we consinder picking a park to visit twice? Maybe MK or Epcot.
If you have park hopper, then i'd suggest visiting two parks in a day. During my last trip, I made DHS one of our evenings (the Star Wars fireworks and Fanstasmic are both amazing - definitely must see's). We visited Epcot in the morning for a bit of a wander around World Showcase and rode a few rides, and then went to DHS at about 4/5ish and used our daily FastPass+ quota there (Toy Story, Star Tours, Tower of Terror). Frozen Singalong is quite good if your kids are into Frozen, so may be worth a visit.

I would visit MK twice. With such a short trip, I would save a visit to the Studios after construction is finished. But, ask your family and see what they want to do. My kids would pick more MK (and they are older), it just feels more "magical" to our family. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip!

Most people who say that it isn't worth wasting a day at the Studios have been there several times and know what they want to do and what they don't need to do again. With four day non-hopper tickets, I might skip the Studios because I vacation at WDW at least once a year and have been to the Studios many times. However, if you haven't been there before, then I think it is worthwhile to spend a day at the Studios. There is still plenty to keep you busy. If you decide to skip the Studios, I would suggest hitting MK twice.

If it's your first trip I would say don't skip it. I firmly believe every park has something to offer and there is no way you can form an opinion without actually going. If you have been many times or plan on returning any time soon, I'm torn what to answer. We would never skip a park, we love something about every one of them. For us, MK is a half day park so it really just depends on the make up of your family.

There is actually 15 major attractions still there (down from 18 but some would argue there was 19). That's not counting meet and greets and some other things. You want to look over the list of what is there and decide if your family would enjoy it. Land wise, yes there is a lot of land under development. But what closed isn't that much in my opinion..

Now for a local or frequent visitor, there is a lot they/we loved that is missing and we tend to roam more than we ride so for us, it's very impactful. If you've never been, there is a ton to do. 2 of the slightly above moderate thrill rides are there. it's where star wars can be found. More pixar than other parks, some frozen, some action film fan stuff.. In my opinion it's the most balanced WDW park for a variety of likes and interests.. It can feel packed as there isn't much room to spread out and you have to turn around and come back to the center to head to the next area...

Would I skip? if you've never been, no you should go. If you've gone a lot, look at the list and decide if it's worth the time but if you have park hoppers you probably have some favorite rides and you can hop when your finished.

If your DD is into Frozen the Frozen sing along is fun. Even for adults because they pack it with quite a few jokes that typically go over the kids heads (at least they did when we saw it on the last two trips we took). My advice is to go ahead and go to DHS but if you get bored or finish everything in your list just add park hoppers to your tickets and hop to another park. In that case you've covered all your bases. (And on the other hand, a second day at MK would never, ever be a bad choice!)

I love Star Wars, and riding Star Tours is a must for me. Also, TSMM is super fun! I personally wouldn't skip it.

With the Star Wars stuff and Toy Story Mania there is NO WAY my boys (or DH) would ever allow us to miss it, but I guess it depends what your family is in to

Simply put, no.

I would never skip HS. Especially with an 11 year old son. Star Wars Launch Bay...meet bb8, Chewy, Kylo or Darth depends, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast show, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, Rock n Roll Roller Coaster and finally we LOVE Fantasmic. It's our favorite nighttime. But I haven't seen the Star Wars Fireworks yet so that might take the cake!

We still enjoy HS, but I would think you could easily spend two days at MK instead so it depends on your interests.
At HS, we love RnRC, TSMM, ToT, TGMR, and the Indiana Jones show. The other shows like B&tB is ok and my boys love ST (but I can't do motions simulators). I don't love VotLM and I doubt you will want to see Disney Jr. The SWs characters could take some time too. Oh and the Muppets show is cute if you liked their tv show.
Personally I would pick EPCOT, but my kids would go crazy there for too long. I really do love all the parks though.

Thank you for all the responses . DH and I talked more about it. We decided to do MK twice. If plans go well with trip, we'll have DHS to look forward to as something 'new' for our next trip that will hopefully be longer.

I would see if you could add an extra day or hoppers. I know it's pricey but it is so worth it. I was in your shoes. I was like "ok half a day only" then I started seeing how much is there. Now it's going to be a park we go to for many small things a few afternoons. Good luck and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter