Is Disney starting to slack compared to other cruises?

I was surprised to see other families do it differently and I was curious, that's all

That's how I read it-that you were curious not critical. At my house, I have one DD (16), and my DH works M-F in a town 4 hours from our home, so he's home only on weekends. This means that DD and I are in each other's pockets all week (and there are some awesome weeks when we are both moody as heck). For us, vacation means getting away from the routine of home, all 3 of us being in (generally) the same area, but having some breathing room. DD is an only child so she really enjoys Vibe and being with other kids, not a parent. DH and I enjoy not having to worry about cleaning, the dogs, or what to make for dinner. Everyone's family is different so vacation attitudes probably also vary. When I was growing up we went on family vacations where we were all 4 together, had to visit the extended family (not fun) and see things of historical significance (varying fun/interest). I remember as a teen hating the forced togetherness with my much younger brother (now I occasionally travel with him so I'm sure it's ironic!). That's one of the great things about cruising-it is so flexible for many family types.

I'll refer you to my introduction: "Side note: it's not a critic but a question".

When I was young, I went to the kids club every day --our village had one--during the summer (while my parents were working) and then, when we went on vacation, we spent 100% of our time together.

I was surprised to see other families do it differently and I was curious, that's all.
There are a lot of kids in the US that go to Summer Camps and a lot that don't. My kids never went to Camp or daycare. My dh and I always worked opposite days or shifts to be with the kids. It's easier now that they're teens and can take care of themselves. We no longer have to work opposites, but we still spend a lot of time with them. On a cruise I barely see them and I'm good with that. Every family does things a little differently.

Thank you all for your answer. I don't want my question to hijack the thread... I think we should go back to the principal subject.

Being two adults, we are looking for activities for adults and my DH has been very clear about this this week: he liked Carnival better than DCL and won't go on a DCL cruise again... His mother asked him: "What if we offer it to you as a gift?" And he said "No, I really don't want to go back to DCL".

My face: :eek:

I mean, we can skip the shows, stay in the Quiet Cove and stick to Palo and Remy if we want to avoid the Mouse... If the prices would go lower or if we received one as a gift, I would take it. A cruise is a cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter