Is Disney Really Trying to Brand VB

Dasha

Mouseketeer
If you dropped the Goofy and Max breakfast, would you even know that VB was a Disney resort? Obviously hidden Mickeys help, but where is the Mickey Mouse presence that Diz usually exploits?

VB is a great place, but why doesn't Diz use the Mickey branding here? I see MM in all the ads and t-shirts for VB, but that's about it.

If the character breakfast was with Mickey and Minnie, and if there was a children's event during the day with M&M it would certainly add to the Disney atmosphere here.

OKW and BW get the M&M does because of where they are. I wonder if Diz exploited M&M more at VB if it would help sales and general occupancy?

Dasha

Dasha,
I just recently returned from Vero and was very happy that Mickey was down played here. I still received the outstanding quality and service that Disney has to offer. Vero in my opinion is the most beautiful of all the DVC resorts and having more mickey would spoil the truely serene atmosphere. I think Vero is suppose to lend itself to a different kind of experience than WDW. We dont have to worry about sales becuase Vero is over 75% sold and projected to sell out over the next 12-16 months. All those who want an add on had better start considering it fairly soon.

I agree that I enjoy the difference of Vero (of course I always love to see Minnie & Mickey). It's a little more adult and I like that. I also think the downplaying of all things Disney may come from the original agreements with the area. They were very concerned that Disney was building a theme park and Disney had to bend over backwards to "fit" into the area.

I'm not sure if they are still there, but I really enjoy the characters that inhabit the resort (like the ones you find on the street in MGM). It's a little different than Disney...but a lot more fun than other seaside resorts.

That is exactly why I love VB. It has the same quality as to be expected from Disney without Mickey this and Mickey that. Of course I love the mouse, that's why we bought, but sometimes you just need to get away from it all!!!!!!!

I have been to Vero on two visits and have never seen those types of "personalities". We did have them on our trip to HH though. Last summer, on the 4th of JUly, Chip and Dale were there to play the games with the kids for awhile. That was very nice. But, although I love the characters, I really don't miss them when at Vero. It's a different type of vacation for me.

Do Mickey and Mickey make appearances at HH and on the cruise ship?

Dasha

Mickey and Minnie and the other characteurs are on the cruise ship regularly!

I recommended that HH have a characteur and they finally added Shadow. Shadow is a golden retriever and makes Live appearances on Thursday and his bowl, house, etc can be found throughout the resort. We have a golden retriever service dog and many are disappointed when we say he is Ned not Shadow!

I would have liked a little more "Mickey" at HH and Vero.

Linda

One day the surfer dude was there, another day there were 4 singers singing christmas songs. Walking into the lobby, there was a wonderful display of baked goods art for christmas. I immediately thought to myself, who else does stuff like this, only Disney

The decorations were fabulous, truely Disney style, with little carved wooden turtles in them. The Jamacian singer was hard to find, as a character, but around sometimes. Eb and Flos is full of Disney movies to rent, hidden mickeys can be found, and heck, the pool is micky shaped. The campfire and activities also have a Disney flare too them, as well as the outstanding landscaping. And of course, listening to live music in the lounge at night, where they serve the kids milkshakes and have children's games like candyland available to play, and the musicians engage the children instead of acting like they shouldn't be there is certainly consistent with the Disney family theme. Our kinds loved the unbirthday party. And speaking of themeing throughout..... with turtle adventures, shipwrecks, those nice placks available to read along the outside walkway, etc.... other places decorate, Disney theme's....

And then there is security walking around at night, making sure we are safe....

But the bottom line for me is that Vero is a wonderful, relaxing, first class resort with an 11 month booking window, and the option of on property DVC locations within WDW at the 7 month booking window (of course, extra BW add-on points give a 11 month booking window there too). I can definitely tell it is Disney, and truely enjoy my ownership there.

Am I dissapointed they are not going to build more units on the other side of the road? I wouldn't want to stay across the road, it's nice to visit for recreation. And adding that many more people to the pool and restaraunts probably isn't a great idea either.

Looking forward to my next trip to my other home.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

facebook twitter