• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is DDP worth it if you aren't spending all your time at WDW?

Eoywin

Chaos Mandy
We are going to WDW next fall, and I have started to look at packages.

I thought doing the package with dining would be a great idea, until I thought about the fact that we are going to be spending several days away from WDW, and going to Universal Studios.

So, my question is, if you aren't going to be at WDW the entire time, is getting the DDP a good idea?

It might work well this way you could use CS breakfast on the days you are heading to US and grab a water bottle with your snack credits and then you could use signature dining or dinner shows so none of the credits would go to waste.

I think it depends on the composition of your family and the mix between big meals at WDW and elsewhere. You may be able to do as patsal says.

You may also want to go to another attraction one day, but return to WDW for dinner. Depends on how you intend to use the DDP, considering your intended itinerary.

If there is any specific restaurants you have in mind, you may want to check the new link in disboards for dining 2007 changes for dining plan. There was a bunch of places (mostly downtown disney & epcot) that are no longer listed as participating.

I think the dining plan is worth it if you eat at least one table service meal every day. If you do not, I don't think its worth it.

take the $39per adult/per night and try to figure out what you would typically spend for 2 meals + snack. Keep in mind that the 2 meals are one counter service & one table service which includes gratuities without the dining plan vs. flexibility.....

we are doing the dining plan because we got the free dining, but after seeing some of the locations that are no longer participating come 2007. I don't think I would pay for it, because typically I don't like to be tied to making ADR's for every single day and I think it will be even harder to get ADR's come next year when there are alot less to choose from.

Thats just my opinion though :p

We spend about half our vacation at Disney, the other half over at USO/IOA. There's only two of us (adults), and we generally like finer dining. We also own a timeshare offsite and have FL resident seasonal passes.

The DDP isn't beneficial for us (even free, since we would have to stay on site, pay full rack rates and buy park tix).

However, depending on how many trips you make to WDW, the DDE may prove to be a better deal for you and your family.

OT -- JUSTPLAINGOOFY: I love your pic of the lab in the pool!!! Postitively adorable :)

We have two yellow labs, both terrified of the pool. One won't even look at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter