Is Confisco's Grill still worth eating at without the characters ?

T

Triton

I had planned to eat lunch at Confisco's and Mythos my 2 days at Islands of Adventure. Now after hearing there are no characters at Confisco's I would consider changing to another restaurant if there is a better choice. Please note I am more interested in theming and something to see than the food itself.

Thanks,

Matt

It is the best restaurant in a theme park that I have ever been to.
The Character lunch was just a bonus
HAVE FUN

Just had lunch at Confisco's today. Wonderful waitress and the food was excellent. My DD is a picky eater and she really enjoyed her burger. I had the spring rolls and the cheese and crab appetizer. Excellent! So was the wine I enjoyed with my meal so now I have to take a nap before hitting the parks tonight.
Carol

I missed this one. Confisco's is no longer doing the character lunch? From everything I read these seemed to be really well received.

I have always enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Confisco's. It's a shame they're not offering up the characters but the food and the value is still good considering it's inside of a park!

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif
radio1.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

A lunch without character's is no fun at all? why did they do it? is it a coast saving move or just a dumb move? I was oh so looking forward to my character lunch. Loved them at WD might have ti change my trip and ditch Universal and Islands of Advent for Disney character meals. :mad:

Can anyone give me information on the character dinner. Which characters are there and where is the restaurant?
We have never been to IOA and I am trying to plan our trip .
There will be 11 of us, including 7 children ages 3-10 if anyone can give tips. I am very disappointed to hear about the character lunch being cancelled. My boys love spiderman and after reading all of the posts I was looking forward to seeing him.

Sorry to hear no more character lunches! We had a great lunch there last November...awesome food (wasn't thrilled with the desserts though). And the characters were wonderful. Too bad. (But, yes...I'd go back for the food.)

Beach Club, '97, '99, '00
Portofino Bay Hotel, '00, '01
BWV, '01

Please click on the link in my signature for character dinner information.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Joey Ramone is gone but he's not forgotten

Click HERE for interesting Universal Orlando information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter