Is Concierge in Contact before Arrival?

DISNEYMOMx5

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are staying Concierge at the YC. We've never done this before, but decided to splurge w/ some DVC pts that need to be used. I just read on another thread something about them contacting you at 90, 60, & 30 days in advance of your trip. Is this to be expected? I've had this booked for awhile, & we're now 60 days away (yippee!!). Just wanting to know what to expect & to be prepared if they do call w/ any requests I haven't already taken care of! :D

Hi DISNEYMOMx5,

We are staying AKL concierge in August. Not even a week after I booked it, I received information about the resort and the offerings of the concierge lounge and staff.

They sent their E-mail address and phone # .

I just booked this the middle of April.

Hi there...

It seems to be hit and miss with concierge contact in advance... I have heard that some get letters, or calls or emails and others report having no contact at all!

It is actually not the concierge lounge staff... it is the Itinerary Planning Office - that does all the pre arrival things...

If I were you I would make the first move... a nice email introducing yourself and saying how happy you are to be staying in concierge... (include your names, dates & reservation #) then you can list what PS requests you have so far or any special requests etc...

They will write you back and introduce themselves... they have already faxed me a complete itinerary with my confirmed requests and also the dates when other things will be confirmed. (as I was early)

Here is an email address for you

Amy.B.Jacobson@disney.com

This is for Amy - who does the advance itinerary planning for YC/BC & BWI.

She has been absolutely EXCELLENT!

Have fun planning your trip

>>^..^<<

Some do - some don't.

We will be staying concierge at the AKL & BWI in June and neither has contacted us yet and we are just a few weeks out. Our travel agent called the other day to say that the concierge staff called HER and asked if we had any requests. This is the number she gave us to call - (407) 939-2703. I haven't called yet but will in a few days. It is supposed to be a general concierge staff and not the one at your resort.

Have a great time at the Yacht Club! We have stayed there several times and have always enjoyed it. :)

Jill

Thanks, everybody, for the replies! It's not even that I need anything at this point (I'm one of those Disney Planaholics), but I was just wondering what to expect. I am really looking forward to this splurge--We have 5 kids, so this will probably be the only time we ever do concierge as a whole family since we need 2 rooms:eek: ! I don't suppose they'll upgrade us at AKL for the first part of our stay (I'm thinkin' that would take a bunch of pixie dust!!) Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter