Is Chapek a Comcast Plant for Acquisition?

Kind of hard not to see an improvement when you’re starting at the bottom.:p

Pretty much, although the 10 hour hold times on Alaska Airlines comes close. At least I have a dedicated VIP line if I can't make changes via the app I can call.

Til people vote with their wallet and stop going nothing is going to change. Look at the people here. As many negative threads there are, the common theme seems to be "we hate the parks have become but we are still going to go".
You're so right. I voted with my wallet. Losing the value on my AP, DVC is in ROFR process now and will be sold soon, cancelled all bookings and subscriptions (3rd party as well). I was not a lame nor recent Disney fan so it was emotional but I'm making it through. I only have my small voice and $ to offer toward what i disagree with.

One big piece of sustainable competitive advantage for a lot of firms is owning assets that have potential for future success (revenue streams, profit, competitive advantage, etc.)—that’s kind of the point of brand equity—and we are talking about a company that owns everything Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, ESPN, etc. They own a whole lot of stuff people deeply love. They build more stuff too (how many recent Dis/Pixar films could be built off, for instance—a bunch!)

They’ve mostly successfully navigated the fracturing of TV, increased competition on all fronts, a pandemic, massive political and cultural schism, etc.

This doesn’t mean they do everything right. What it does mean is that they can afford misses. Yeah, the parks have some misses, but c’mon. The doom and gloom I’m reading by some folks on this site focusing on Genie+ or some member changes or a political stance or $$ increase etc. is understandable as y’all are super active members of a super active brand community and (like Harley-Davidson trying to expand angered its core) take it personally.

But all things considered, Disney is in great strategic shape.

One big piece of sustainable competitive advantage for a lot of firms is owning assets that have potential for future success (revenue streams, profit, competitive advantage, etc.)—that’s kind of the point of brand equity—and we are talking about a company that owns everything Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, ESPN, etc. They own a whole lot of stuff people deeply love. They build more stuff too (how many recent Dis/Pixar films could be built off, for instance—a bunch!)

They’ve mostly successfully navigated the fracturing of TV, increased competition on all fronts, a pandemic, massive political and cultural schism, etc.

This doesn’t mean they do everything right. What it does mean is that they can afford misses. Yeah, the parks have some misses, but c’mon. The doom and gloom I’m reading by some folks on this site focusing on Genie+ or some member changes or a political stance or $$ increase etc. is understandable as y’all are super active members of a super active brand community and (like Harley-Davidson trying to expand angered its core) take it personally.

But all things considered, Disney is in great strategic shape.

When your assets come with in reach of other people buying your company to break you up, you can't afford that many misses.

When your assets come with in reach of other people buying your company to break you up, you can't afford that many misses.
This isn’t anywhere on the radar. If you want to be a target for purchase you create opportunities for cost savings as opposed to optimizing perceived value which would require a premium.

I think it’s clearly the case of a poor leader. Poor leaders bend to the whims of those around them for short term benefits and ignore any long term ideas. Great leaders push through with a vision that others can’t yet imagine or see. Eventually they show everyone else. Many times kicking and scream. Then everyone else acts like they were part of the plan the whole time.

I still think if anyone were to buy Disney, it would be Apple. They have the money, they have a failing streaming service in need of IP, and they have the management know how. But, I doubt they will. They have had a few chances over the years and haven’t jumped.

I think Disney has gotten too big for Comcast to swallow. Or really any media company, I just don’t see Amazon or Google trying to branch that way.
Apple can buy Disney with the cash it has on hand. They keep the media and sell off the parks.

Disney will owe Comcast $23B? after next year for Hulu. Make a deal with Comcast and problem solved

Apple can buy Disney with the cash it has on hand. They keep the media and sell off the parks.

Disney will owe Comcast $23B? after next year for Hulu. Make a deal with Comcast and problem solved
Just give them Marvel. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter