Is Boma OK for a picky eater?

RC Fan

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I think Boma sounds awesome, but what would a less adventurous eater think? One of our party is pickier. Will she like it ?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

::yes:: :confused:

Hi! In addition to the more adventurous foods, Boma also offers simpler fare for the picky eaters; they have chicken tenders, grilled meats, macaroni and cheese, fresh fruit, etc. It seems that Boma has something for everyone, no matter what their taste!

I'm somewhat of a picky eater and Boma is one of my favorite restaurants!! There was a lot there I liked--some of the "normal" foods and quite a few of their speciality dishes that weren't "out there" (relatively speaking, of course).

Okay, I have to be the lone dissenter (LOL!)
We went there in December and were not impressed. There were a couple of meat selections- pork tenderloin and flank steak, I believe, that were alright, but we didn't really care for anything else. To DH and I, the spices gave everything a funny taste. We didn't hate it or anything, just didn't care for it. The picky person will be able to find something to eat I'm sure, so if everyone else really wants to go I would go ahead and make PS.

My family and I are not pickey eaters and none of us liked Boma. The desserts were great though!

Lucky for my husband they had a carved beef station when we were there. He ate roast beef and fruit. He didn't even like the breads. He is the king of picky, no mac and cheese or chicken tenders even. I, on the other hand, loved it! Hubbie did it once to please me, I will probably have to go back by myself.::yes::

This trip we are trying the restaurant in Japan.:tongue:

Just dined at Boma's March 2004. My DH and I are both adventurous when it comes to trying new foods, so we thought Boma's sounded great. Also DN (age 9) was with us. DN was very selective about what he put on his plate. He looked closely at the items on the buffet and studied the names. He found enough items that looked appealing to him. There was lots of fresh fruit and plain meats which satisfied him. However, the desserts were all more than acceptable! (and a very large choice of desserts I might add). Us two adults tried tidbits of most everything and found it to be quite good. Of course, some items were liked more than others. There were some very unusual soup choices. Some we liked and others we found odd tasting. I'm not a sweet-eater, however I did splurge on a Zebra Dome. It was fabulous!!

Just take your time as you go through the buffet. Be selective and be sure to ask questions. There was a buffet waite person at pretty much every food station and they love to help. We did like Boma's very much.

I think if that picky eater will at least eat chicken tenders and mac & cheese, then at least they will have something they like!

For our family, we all try to handle one meal at a place that may not be ouir first choice if everyone else wants to try it.

I hate different kinds of foods, I'm not the kind of person to try new things. But on our past trip we went there..and we will definitly be going there again!! It was EXCELLENT!!! and the dessert O MY, that was my favorite part. I really think you will enjoy it.::yes::

I took my grandparents, who complain about EVRYTHING, and even they enjoyed the food. I just think that it depends of what night you hit it, and exactly how picky are they. For example, if they won't try something because it looks, funny or sounds weird, I may send them off to Mara for a burger, while you enjoy the good life at Boma (it is by far the only must-do on our trips)

DW and twin DDs are very picky eaters(DW doesn't like sandwiches because the bread and the meat touch:earseek: )
They all like Boma, and I really get a chance to try some different things:earsboy:

My son is the world's pickiest eater and he found things he liked at Boma. He had spaghetti and chicken fingers and fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter