Is April YOUR Giraffe too?

Her door is open for her to go in the yard but she hasn't quite made it outside yet. She's getting sunshine and fresh air from her doorway.

I started watching Friday because the teacher I work with put it up in her classroom all day. Friday night I was afraid she would have it while I was shopping for the snow storm( got to be sure I didn't run out of lettuce in the storm. lol) I hope it is soon. Has anyone else signed up for notifications?

Still checking in several times a day. Two thoughts -

1) The poor giraffe must be getting even more bored and anxious than we are!

2) Does anyone else suspect there is a delay on the "live" camera? To me, it just seems dark really late into the morning and light really late into the evening. - If there is, I kind of don't blame them. (I'm sure they don't want to traumatize people if things go wrong.) But if there isn't, I want to figure out if I'm loading the site wrong!

2) Does anyone else suspect there is a delay on the "live" camera? To me, it just seems dark really late into the morning and light really late into the evening. - If there is, I kind of don't blame them. (I'm sure they don't want to traumatize people if things go wrong.) But if there isn't, I want to figure out if I'm loading the site wrong!

No, if you look at the windows, you can see the light from outside. Right now (6:40 am), it's fairly light, and if you scroll back about a half hour, you can see that it was just starting to get light.

I have been checking in on April since Feb, when the media said birth was imminent. Sigh. I feel so bad for her, she looks so uncomfortable. She tried to lie down last night and I just about died watching her try to position herself and lower herself down. I thought there would be a small earthquake when she let herself flop down.

I was wondering if there was a camera delay, just in case something went wrong they could prevent the public from watching. I have been on AAP Facebook page and there are so many people criticizing the park, I wonder if they regret ever putting the camera up. There are many conspiracy theories about the baby has already been born and the park is milking money out of people by having them pay for tshirts, texts, and the gofundme page etc.

There are many fake camera sites, to make sure you are watching the official one, go to aprilthegiraffe.com and click on "live camera."

No, if you look at the windows, you can see the light from outside. Right now (6:40 am), it's fairly light, and if you scroll back about a half hour, you can see that it was just starting to get light.

Thank you. There is something wrong with mine, then, because it's still dark.

ETA - reloaded, and it's light now :)

Last edited:

1) I think it's just nature taking its course to her. We're just the ones going crazy!

2) No, the light through the windows seems to match up to my light outside. I'm about 30 miles from there.

I have been checking in on April since Feb, when the media said birth was imminent. Sigh. I feel so bad for her, she looks so uncomfortable. She tried to lie down last night and I just about died watching her try to position herself and lower herself down. I thought there would be a small earthquake when she let herself flop down.

I was wondering if there was a camera delay, just in case something went wrong they could prevent the public from watching. I have been on AAP Facebook page and there are so many people criticizing the park, I wonder if they regret ever putting the camera up. There are many conspiracy theories about the baby has already been born and the park is milking money out of people by having them pay for tshirts, texts, and the gofundme page etc.

There are many fake camera sites, to make sure you are watching the official one, go to aprilthegiraffe.com and click on "live camera."

The other night in the Live Chat, Jordan said that he'd do it again. There is a lot of good, but they have to weed though a lot of bad, too. They certainly didn't expect it to blow up like this. The camera was set up to reach locals, and then the media went wild with it. I think a lot of people don't understand how small an operation this is. It's not a large zoo with a huge budget. It's a small, educational animal park. The companies that they have making the shirts, etc. are also small, local companies.

I feel so bad for her too. Every time she goes down it's so hard to watch. I'm feeling impatient but have to remind myself she will have it when she is ready.
I don't think this park is doing anything nefarious. Nature is on its own time.

I started watching Friday because the teacher I work with put it up in her classroom all day. Friday night I was afraid she would have it while I was shopping for the snow storm( got to be sure I didn't run out of lettuce in the storm. lol) I hope it is soon. Has anyone else signed up for notifications?

I did! They sent a "test text" the other day that unfortunately they didn't say was a test. Got me all excited! :lmao: They did send out a few more which they did label as tests. Tests are all done & next texts should be real info. I don't think they are trying to make money, but good for them if they can get some funds to help their animals.

I've been watching April for a few weeks and boy she looks like she's ready to pop! Last night after she laid down I could see that baby moving around like crazy. Thought it would come last night. Who wants mama laying on top of me. Lol! Hope she deliveres soon.

17796004_10154892962865081_8473499163789695652_n.jpg

I've been watching April for a while, but apparently at our own local zoo a Giraffe gave birth in front of everybody yesterday around noon. I wish I could've been there! They hadn't even announced anything about it I don't think.

We also have a baby hippo that will be on exhibit starting this weekend! So cute!

I've been watching April for a few weeks and boy she looks like she's ready to pop! Last night after she laid down I could see that baby moving around like crazy. Thought it would come last night. Who wants mama laying on top of me. Lol! Hope she deliveres soon.

I saw that, too. At one point it looked like the baby might have had the hiccups. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to carry a 150 lb. baby around! Fascinating to watch.

I saw that, too. At one point it looked like the baby might have had the hiccups. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be to carry a 150 lb. baby around! Fascinating to watch.

DS used to get the hiccups when I was pregnant with him. It was a strange enough feeling with a tiny human. I can't imagine it with a big giraffe either!

do you guys see April right now? Too cute~she keeps resting her head on her side/baby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter