Is April YOUR Giraffe too?

Saw this on FB thought it was funny

17498817_808746849281264_5477860496653176378_n.jpg

I've seen this more than a few times but I have no idea what it's referencing..

I leave her on in the background and peek in now and again. I know one of these times I will peek and a little baby will be running around and I'll missed the whole thing! LOL

That's how I'm feeling. I pop in to see for a few minutes and then again later on. I watched a good bit yesterday. But I'm pretty sure i'll look and all of a sudden there it is. A lil baby giraffe calf, 6 weeks waiting, and ill miss it!:)

3/29 Late Morning Update

We apologize for the late update but it is for good reason. We will not confirm active labor, but we do have discharge that would suggest the count down to calf has begun! Mammary development is on point and picture is in comments. We will keep everyone posted throughout the day with developments. Our team and Vet are on standby. We could be hours away or days - so do not stop your day - but certainly don't stop watching!

April and I are in a competition to see who can have our baby first. I think I'm going to win, but she will claim victory since I'm not live-streaming my delivery as proof. Lol. Seriously though, she is a beautiful animal and I hope the actual birth goes smoothly for her.

April and I are in a competition to see who can have our baby first. I think I'm going to win, but she will claim victory since I'm not live-streaming my delivery as proof. Lol. Seriously though, she is a beautiful animal and I hope the actual birth goes smoothly for her.

Congratulations and good luck!

A local restaurant started a contest to see who could guess time of birth to the closest minute. I figured I'd speed things up if I put in a guess for a week from now. ;) I've been out all day, and this is the first that I've been able to check in with April. She looks very calm at the moment.

CONGRATULATIONS I hope all goes well for you! And now that you mention "live streaming", can you just imagine that becoming a thing?!!! SMH

3/31 Morning Update

The staff have been onsite with April all morning, Dr Tim was called and onsite within minutes. All observations, behavior, and predictions suggest a calf today, tonight - we would be shocked to get through the weekend without our newest addition.

This is what we have all been waiting for!

Keep April and our team in your positive thoughts.

Www.aprilthegiraffe.com is your source for all things April. We encourage you to shop NOW if you want April Gear before supply becomes backordered and the sale ends.

We will keep the world posted.

Our team will be live from the nursery barn at 9:15 this morning with updates and a visit with our baby goats!

She looks uncomfortable. Not that I know what an uncomfortable giraffe looks like. But she looks how I felt during labor.

She's doing a lot of standing around. Ollie is pacing. I can guarantee I it happens today it will be between 1-4 eastern time because that's when I have school stuff with the kids. Lol

They showed off the baby pygmy goats on Facebook Live and Allysa said that she now believes they'll have a calf in the next 24-48 hours. She said that Cory and Jordan have been saying soon since Christmas, and she kept saying that it wasn't quite time. Now she thinks it's time!

I want her to have the baby tomorrow! Maybe midnight tonight. Just a few more hours for April to deliver in April!

I want her to have the baby tomorrow! Maybe midnight tonight. Just a few more hours for April to deliver in April!

I'd like it to be before I go to bed tonight. It's Friday, I can do midnight. :)

I need to go run some errands today. My guess is that she'll be showing no signs when I leave but deliver while I'm gone. That's just my luck.

I'd like it to be before I go to bed tonight. It's Friday, I can do midnight. :)

I need to go run some errands today. My guess is that she'll be showing no signs when I leave but deliver while I'm gone. That's just my luck.
I am hoping sometime before midnight We have Something Rotten tickets tomorrow, and I don't want to miss this!

The camera is off line right now. I hope that doesn't mean something is wrong!
Someone said that they wouldn't show the birth live?? I have no clue if that's true or not.

Here the official word on what's going on.

Good morning!

There is an internet outage on our end at this time. Our team Is in the giraffe barn trying to establish connection.

Nothing wrong with April and baby and no this is not the hoax many anticipated.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter