Is anything selling?

That's an unrealistic expectation, that every change will be to everyone's liking. Disappointment is inevitable with that mindset no matter what company we're talking about.
DVC changes; scrapped Magical Express, no new AP’s, poor house keeping and maintenance, incredible wait times with MS, reduced transportation, no TIW. I’m sure I’m missing some, but these are DVC reductions. Improvements with DVC are not coming to mind right now.

DVC changes; scrapped Magical Express, no new AP’s, poor house keeping and maintenance, incredible wait times with MS, reduced transportation, no TIW. I’m sure I’m missing some, but these are DVC reductions. Improvements with DVC are not coming to mind right now.
Unfortunately most of that is via DVC's vendors (other Disney divisions) and there isn't any competition in those regards They are downgrades to the product. I doubt they'd even be allowed to use different housekeeping. One that isn't out of their control is the DVC hold times. I actually haven't had any issues at all in the past year or so. Normal hold times have been no more than 5 minutes if even that. I never call immediately in the morning - am west coast so that might be a factor. They do need to do a bit better training with CMs in a lot of cases though and things like not merging reservations immediately any more have been frustrating.

Which just illustrates what I said. Expecting every change to be positive isn’t realistic. I'm aware there have been a lot of unpopular decisions

Most of those things are not DVC though…they are changes to the experience of going to WDW.

Most reports are that the wait times at MS are back to pre Covid times, and the poor housekeeping has not been our experience at all, so I can’t say that is a consistent issue.

Even the lack of AP isn’t a decision made by DVC. I get that not everyone is in favor of changes, but in the scheme of things, I think I have more benefits that I enjoy now than I did when I joined in 2009.

Last edited:

I don't think this is the bottom.
People's COVID stimulus money will be further exhausted.
Furthermore was talking to my wife just this morning and we agreed: the idea of buying points and paying the same dues on them as a direct purchase (forever and ever), and to be locked out of every new and future resorts, check mate by Disney. All it will take is a look at promotional materials for the new Poly tower, reflections, one day possibly yacht club, to make us really regret saving a few thousand dollars upfront via a resale purchase .

Touche, disney
100 point savings currently at some resorts X a 100 point contract = $10k. I am willing to vacation for a few years while we wait for them to build new resorts. Direct product still has to be affordable with all these new rooms. At some point DVC will run out of market supply and that is why I think they targeted Resale because it is easier to scare them into new contracts instead of finding new suckers lol.

Absolutely. We are a very young family so we bought CCV for the 2068 expiration and we are only four.

I would of bought BRV in a heartbeat if the expiration was longer. I hope to use both.
I plan to use CCV points if I get them to stay at BRV but there is increased hype now so maybe not so easy ha. I am like you and just hate the price for life left as I have a young family.

Most of those things are not DVC though…they are changes to the experience of going to WDW.

Most reports are that the wait times at MS are back to pre Covid times, and the poor housekeeping has not been our experience at all, so I can’t say that is a consistent issue.

Even the lack of AP isn’t a decision made by DVC. I get that not everyone is in favor of changes, but in the scheme of things, I think I have more benefits that I enjoy now than I did when I joined in 2009.
Please list the benefits. And not things they took away and are now bringing back.

Please list the benefits. And not things they took away and are now bringing back.
The number of restaurants that now give a DVC discount vs...when I joined, very few did, and most were lunch only. We don't do TS every day so its nice when we decide to do it, we get a discount, no matter where we eat or when.

The merchandise discount is now 20% all the time...and occasionally 30%...the Epcot lounge... MM events, and discounts on water park tickets ongoing...was hit or miss before...when we joined. The special one year deal with Owner's Locker right now is really good and saved me a great deal for my first year.

Of course, we have also had access to special discounts on multi park tickets throughout our ownership and the ability to get the special AP...which, were not there when we joined...and yes, the suspension of AP's is in place, but that again, it is not a DVC thing...its a parks thing...

The point was that in terms of DVC, what we have is nice....and before anyone starts, there are other ways to get discounts but we have found all of them are more restrictive than DVC...like Disney Visa requires a $50 minimum to get the 10%...I get 20% off going in and buying our bottled drinks...and yes, I do that vs the carts. TIW was never worth it because we didn't spend enough to make it back...and, if AP's go away, we still get the DVC discounts on food and merchandise regardless.

Not saying any of this is major but in terms of what was offered to me as DVC in 2009 was not as good as it is now in 2023...the only missing perk I had access to for a very short time was the free valet...but renting a car isn't something we did very often so honestly, its wasn't something we would have taken advantage, if at all, had it continued.

Things like changes to FP, DME, TIW, EMH, etc. are park things and whether we were DVC or not, we would be dealing with those regardless..

Last edited:
The number of restaurants that now give a DVC discount vs...when I joined, very few did, and most were lunch only. We don't do TS every day so its nice when we decide to do it, we get a discount, no matter where we eat or when.

The merchandise discount is now 20% all the time...and occasionally 30%...the Epcot lounge... MM events, and discounts on water park tickets ongoing...was hit or miss before...when we joined. The special one year deal with Owner's Locker right now is really good and saved me a great deal for my first year.

Of course, we have also had access to special discounts on multi park tickets throughout our ownership and the ability to get the special AP...which, were not there when we joined...and yes, the suspension of AP's is in place, but that again, it is not a DVC thing...its a parks thing...

The point was that in terms of DVC, what we have is nice....and before anyone starts, there are other ways to get discounts but we have found all of them are more restrictive than DVC...like Disney Visa requires a $50 minimum to get the 10%...I get 20% off going in and buying our bottled drinks...and yes, I do that vs the carts. TIW was never worth it because we didn't spend enough to make it back...and, if AP's go away, we still get the DVC discounts on food and merchandise regardless.

Not saying any of this is major but in terms of what was offered to me as DVC in 2009 was not as good as it is now in 2023...the only missing perk I had access to for a very short time was the free valet...but renting a car isn't something we did very often so honestly, its wasn't something we would have taken advantage, if at all, had it continued.

Things like changes to FP, DME, TIW, EMH, etc. are park things and whether we were DVC or not, we would be dealing with those regardless..
You know. For such an old timer, you are way too happy with the current Disney state of things. I insist you stop immediately! 🤣

Lots of what you mentioned were what we had before , then was taken away, and some still don’t have now. We had MM years ago. That’s not new, but restored would be a better word. The merch discounts have increased. I’m talking about the positives now, not what we used to have. Not aLL get an AP so I don’t view it as a benefit. So from what I’m reading, it’s only the merch discounts?

Lots of what you mentioned were what we had before , then was taken away, and some still don’t have now. We had MM years ago. That’s not new, but restored would be a better word. The merch discounts have increased. I’m talking about the positives now, not what we used to have. Not aLL get an AP so I don’t view it as a benefit. So from what I’m reading, it’s only the merch discounts?

The loss of MM was due to the pandemic, so that wasn't taken away, just paused because of that specific event. But, it didn't start until maybe 2016, which was 5 years after I joined, so it was new addition then. And yes, the merchandise and food discounts are much better than before.

Whether you see the AP as a benefit or not personally, doesn't change that is an enhancement to the program that did not exist prior to 2010 or 2011? It would be like me saying that the loss of TIW is not a loss because I didn't use it...but for those that did, that is a change to WDW that isn't a positive one...

Again, all of these are positive additions for DVC owners who can benefit from them....obviously, you don't see them as a big deal but I do...so I definitely feel as a DVC member, what I get for just being DVC is much better than it was when I joined in 2009..the things that are now gone that people see as a big negative, like DME, have nothing to do with DVC.

New AP's are available this week for DVC members

I'm glad AP's are back. I've never had the patience for Magical Express in the Uber/Lyft age but i know others loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter