Is anyone else worried about opening up again

I am concerned about the "rush" to open based on economic concerns being put above human concerns. I agree that we need to do so, but it will take a balanced effort. When I see crowds of people protesting, my first thought is that they may not have contact, or connection to people who have been infected and/or died. Being in healthcare, it is scary, but we do what we have to do. We don't have the choice to protest because we have to work in this pandemic- we could quit, but that is not the answer.... A slow, careful approach, depending on where you live seems to be the right thing...social distancing, certain limits on how many people in a particular place etc....But what makes it scary is people gathering in large groups-like the protests, seem to not be taking this seriously enough, or they would not be in such large groups....Unfortunately, until it affects them, the seiousness of this thing will continue to be taken too lightly, and possibly cause more people harm. Just my opinion...
Are you out of work? I’m guessing you are not.

I give people shots, wipe their butts and do all sorts of intrusive things without ppe. Unless you are working on a covid unit you are not wearing ppe around patients.
The coming 'second wave' that they've been talking about has been said to be worse in the death toll as it comes during flu season. I don't think normally we would worry about PPE in terms of flu shots and the person administering them but I do think there's valid cause for thinking in this respect for this upcoming flu season.

If you're a minute-clinic at say CVS giving flu shots all day long you're coming in contact with a lot of people which on both fronts would be an issue both if you ended up with the virus and spread it to other people and if someone you gave the shot to had the virus and gave it to you.

I can understand a flu shot adminster being concerned about protecting both themselves and the recipients of the flu shot being concerned about protecting the persons giving the flu shot so I get the PP's comments. The years after this upcoming flu season that concern may not be as prevalent as we hopefully will have more of a handle on this COVID-19.

The coming 'second wave' that they've been talking about has been said to be worse in the death toll as it comes during flu season. I don't think normally we would worry about PPE in terms of flu shots and the person administering them but I do think there's valid cause for thinking in this respect for this upcoming flu season.

If you're a minute-clinic at say CVS giving flu shots all day long you're coming in contact with a lot of people which on both fronts would be an issue both if you ended up with the virus and spread it to other people and if someone you gave the shot to had the virus and gave it to you.

I can understand a flu shot adminster being concerned about protecting both themselves and the recipients of the flu shot being concerned about protecting the persons giving the flu shot so I get the PP's comments. The years after this upcoming flu season that concern may not be as prevalent as we hopefully will have more of a handle on this COVID-19.
Just buy a hazmat suit and where it everywhere if your that concerned.

Just buy a hazmat suit and where it everywhere if your that concerned.
*you're

And hyperbole isn't really needed here. I don't expect all workers to wear PPE to give flu shots but I can understand the thoughtprocess behind that given what information we know. I get where the line of thinking was with the PP. You don't have to agree with that; that's totally fine :)

*you're

And hyperbole isn't really needed here. I don't expect all workers to wear PPE to give flu shots but I can understand the thoughtprocess behind that given what information we know. I get where the line of thinking was with the PP. You don't have to agree with that; that's totally fine :)
Isn’t correcting grammar especially when someone’s using a phone a little snarky?

Isn’t correcting grammar especially when someone’s using a phone a little snarky?
Isn't using a hyperbole like you did a little snarky?

You don't have to agree with me that's totally ok by me and I don't mind having discussions but you came across quite dismissive in your response to me when I felt I was not at all that way to you. All I was doing was explaining why I can see what the PP was mentioning the PPE for.

Are you out of work? I’m guessing you are not.
My comment said I was working, so you don't have to guess. Secondly, we talk about the $600 in addition to what people are presently getting in unemployment while at work....and we all agree that it is more than what we are getting for working, and actually wouldn't mind getting that amount, and staying home, sheltering in place away from the infected people at our job. Just the same, we have a job to do, and are glad to do it, even though we are a bit leary....

A county on the other side of the state line from me in my metro originally extended their stay at home from April 24th to May 15th on April 15th if IRCC. They have just opted to shorten that to May 3rd. That will be interesting to see how/if other counties or city react to that. The reopening will be gradual like many will be.

A county on the other side of the state line from me in my metro originally extended their stay at home from April 24th to May 15th on April 15th if IRCC. They have just opted to shorten that to May 3rd. That will be interesting to see how/if other counties or city react to that. The reopening will be gradual like many will be.

I think, in order for businesses to open, schools or day care centers also have to open. Where are the kids going to go? I started a thread on this because it's something that isn't really being talked about.

I will be nervous to resume normal activity for myself until I can get an antibody test.

I think, in order for businesses to open, schools or day care centers also have to open. Where are the kids going to go? I started a thread on this because it's something that isn't really being talked about.
I'm guessing it depends on the stay at home orders.

The entire state where the county is located at by the way is May 3rd which matches my state; both of which were extended from their previous expiration dates. Technically my county has opted to not extend beyond April 24th at this time but is using the additional time between what was mid-April and May 3rd to conduct randomized testing and data driven from that and the state for determination if a stay at home order needs to be added once the state expires. My state could opt to extend again as well beyond May 3rd.

The county being spoken about and my county as well as several other counties and cities near me allowed for day care centers (home or facility) to stay open but with added restrictions so for our area the need for childcare is lessened as that was not required to be closed. I'm sure some facilities closed and some in-home day care providers did close but it wasn't mandated that all close by means of a stay at home order.

Schools are out for in-person already in my state for the rest of the year (that was determined March 17th), for the state next to me schools were out for in-person already on April 9th for the rest of the school year. Now online learning is still going on but could present difficulties in that depending on the age of the child for supervision reasons if the parent or guardian or caregiver goes back or opts to (if they can choose) work. It should be noted that this likely would have happened anyways as schools typically get out around Memorial Day here so unless the stay at home order went beyond that there would be a supervision question no matter what. But the supervison part is one that does need to be worked out but I'm guessing it will be something that online learning allows for flexibility. Each district is doing things differently so it's possible one district doesn't have the same online learning going on that another does.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter