• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone else hugely entertained by the FP+ tier system test?

gorkt said:
The FP+ whining is the very definition of First World Problems. I am heading down tomorrow and I am just astonishingly grateful that a) a place like WDW exists at all, b) that I don't have to work for a week, and c) that my kids are going to be really happy. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Us too, we'll be there tomorrow, for 9 days, at POFQ, our favorite place in the world, thrilled to be going since we had to cancel 2 trips last year due to some health issues.

Love being off work for 9 days as well!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Over the past five years, Disney has been dramatically increasing ticket prices without significant additions. A pure money grab. Your extra ticket costs beyond the rate of inflation get you . . . nothing but a colorful band.

To me FP+ will become a victim of Disney's unwillingness to invest in their own parks. Too few attractions that people want to ride resulting in scarce FP availability.

Personally I don't see how Disney can't impose tiered choice at Epcot and DHS because of the lack of quality attractions. The result will be reduced guest satisfaction. How will Disney respond? Higher ticket prices? Close more attractions? Fewer parades?

Meanwhile, down the road, Universal has learned that new attractions drive increased attendance -- very dramatic increases. For the just reported third quarter Universal's income flow totaled $343 million for the quarter. In 2009, the income for the whole year was $400 million

I'm not a Universal fan; however, the new management there could teach Mr. Iger a few things about theme parks. Bob Iger may be able to squeeze profits from a turnip, but DisneyParks has lost it's soul in the process and in the end that may be their undoing.

Unwillingness to invest in their own parks after spending one billion investing in their own parks.

Okay them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I really hope they tier it for resort levels. If I am spending $500+ a night for a hotel room I want some perks beyond what the person spending $120 a night is getting.

I couldn't agree more, especially when you take into account, that as a whole, out of the millions of visitors per year Disney gets, DISboarders are probably such a small percentage of visitors, it would hardly show up on their radar!

You really think the DIS is the only forum talking about this? We aren't talking about someone sporting a lime green Mickey head paint chip from Home Depot here anymore.

Unwillingness to invest in their own parks after spending one billion investing in their own parks.

Okay them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I totally wish I would have invested in the Pet Rock.

Over the past five years, Disney has been dramatically increasing ticket prices without significant additions. A pure money grab. Your extra ticket costs beyond the rate of inflation get you . . . nothing but a colorful band.

To me FP+ will become a victim of Disney's unwillingness to invest in their own parks. Too few attractions that people want to ride resulting in scarce FP availability.

Personally I don't see how Disney can't impose tiered choice at Epcot and DHS because of the lack of quality attractions. The result will be reduced guest satisfaction. How will Disney respond? Higher ticket prices? Close more attractions? Fewer parades?

Meanwhile, down the road, Universal has learned that new attractions drive increased attendance -- very dramatic increases. For the just reported third quarter Universal's income flow totaled $343 million for the quarter. In 2009, the income for the whole year was $400 million

I'm not a Universal fan; however, the new management there could teach Mr. Iger a few things about theme parks. Bob Iger may be able to squeeze profits from a turnip, but DisneyParks has lost it's soul in the process and in the end that may be their undoing.

This ^^^ :thumbsup2 (except I am a Universal fan in addition to being a Disney one...I don't see why people can't enjoy both?:confused3)

I really hope they tier it for resort levels. If I am spending $500+ a night for a hotel room I want some perks beyond what the person spending $120 a night is getting.

A nicer hotel room? You're might be paying more for your hotel, but you're paying the same admission price to enter the park. Why should you get special treatment?

I'm not sure I even understand the point of booking any of the Level 2 attractions. I can honestly say, except for Mission Space, I've never used a FP at ANY of those, and I've never had an issue. The waits are never bad.

When the full effects of Fastpass+ are realized, I expect we'll all be needing Fastpasses for attractions where they have never before been needed or offered (Spaceship Earth, IaSW, PoTC, Seas with Nemo and Friends, etc). Expect inflated standby wait times at all attractions from this mess.

Coming soon to a park near you. Magic your way+ tickets. Buy 3 fAstpasses and get the 4th one free.

Between the magic bands tracking where we are in the parks and hotel rooms, ADR with the CC hold, FP+ planning in advance, and now a lame tiered system (not one thing on the second tier needs a FP!) I'm thinking Disney has been taken over by a bunch of OCD control freaks off of their meds.

Unwillingness to invest in their own parks after spending one billion investing in their own parks. Okay them. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Out of context. You forgot the last part, "Too few attractions that people want to ride resulting in scarce FP availability. "

This ^^^ :thumbsup2 (except I am a Universal fan in addition to being a Disney one...I don't see why people can't enjoy both?:confused3)

Absolutely, people can enjoy both Uni and Disney! We're just Disney people though.

Mad Hattered said:
You really think the DIS is the only forum talking about this? We aren't talking about someone sporting a lime green Mickey head paint chip from Home Depot here anymore.

Okay, however, the prior post I was referring to speculated if they were toying with the DISboarders, just trying to upset us! So I responded to that post.

Not talking about, nor referring to any other forum.

A nicer hotel room? You're might be paying more for your hotel, but you're paying the same admission price to enter the park. Why should you get special treatment?

I have to agree there. The perks are the nicer room and accommodations at the resort itself. At the parks, you're paying admission like everyone else.

You're might be paying more for your hotel, but you're paying the same admission price to enter the park. Why should you get special treatment?
Because that $120 hotel room you're paying over $500 a night for will be harder to fill without some FP+ tiered bling to go along with it.

For the amount Disney charges for some of the Deluxe hotels, the rooms DO NOT live up to the price. More like $300 a night rooms not $500+. Look at Universal spend the bucks on a "Deluxe" on-site hotel and unlimited fast passes. Either way its not up to me, but I do see it happing at some point. This plus other ways to use the band and FP+ to make money is not going to be ignored by Disney.

On a side note I would pay more for park admission if it meant lower wait times. Its all personal choice and preference.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but FP+ feels a lot like the Disneyland tickets of long ago. Limited e-tickets. I'm ok with FP+, but the tiered availability is a big step backwards.

I totally forgot about those tiered ride tickets until this thread. Its almost like disney is going retro.

Very interesting post.

I can't say I'm amused about what's happening per se, but I will say that I am very happy we booked offsite for this trip. At first I was a little bummed, but now I'm relieved. This trip is costing us very little beyond the ticket price. If I'm going to stay onsite, I'll wait until I get more (and better) feedback about the new technologies. Until then, we'll save our major travel dollars for other trips and enjoy this budget trip for what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter